Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
This is actually a great point. You piss of Chiarelli....Big deal. If things keep going the way they're going, he is not long for a job. I'm going off memory right now, but was the last big RFA offer sheet the Weber one from Philadelphia? Nashville matched it, but Philly still did what is frowned upon. Did Nashville ever try and get Philadelphia back for it (something I see mentioned when someone says you can't OS an RFA, risk of it happening down the road).

Also, if you get your big-time RFA's locked up before they even reach July 1, there's never a situation where they could try and "get back at you". McAvoy would really be the only player. And honestly, if they want to offersheet a player like McAvoy, they're going to do it anyway (speaking in general terms).

If there is a potential for Nurse to be available because of money, I want Sweeney all over it. Nurse -- McAvoy top pairing? for 10+ years? Yes please.

Absolutely!

Given this new development, I'd hope Sweeney is at least kicking tires.

It would give Chiarelli 7 days after the offer sheet is submitted to decide whether to sign him or free up some cap space. I would be very comfortable signing Nurse to 5-6 years for 5.5-6 million.

Maybe Chiarelli just takes Krug and then we negotiate from there. Or we just give up a 1st and 3rd and then move Krug in a separate deal for assets. Either way we are ahead.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What I mostly remember about Peter Chiarelli...
Binging a cup to Boston in 5 year.
After 39 years waiting for one.
But somehow people like to dump on the guy.
Don't know why they don't dump on all the other loser's that just screws teams and no cup.
There's lots of those to choose from.
Because that core had the potential to go on a few more Cup runs had Chiarelli not given out bloated contracts to 3rd and 4th liners and handed out NTC to all.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It would give Chiarelli 7 days after the offer sheet is submitted to decide whether to sign him or free up some cap space. I would be very comfortable signing Nurse to 5-6 years for 5.5-6 million.

Maybe Chiarelli just takes Krug and then we negotiate from there. Or we just give up a 1st and 3rd and then move Krug in a separate deal for assets. Either way we are ahead.

Exactly. Acquiring Nurse, via OS, would open up moving Krug. You could trade him for futures and regain something similar to what you gave up. Or you deal Krug for a prospect at another position of need, like center....It would open up a ton of possibilites. You acquired the next LHD of the future though, so it's not like now, we're the Bruins are dealing Krug and going with Moore as his replacement. You're dealing Krug and Nurse is his replacement (either way).

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Because that core had the potential to go on a few more Cup runs had Chiarelli not given out bloated contracts to 3rd and 4th liners and handed out NTC to all.

A cup is a cup is a cup.

Should, could, had. Means nothing until you win it all.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
A Nurse for Krug deal makes sense on paper, but just on paper.

Edm gets a "win now" D that can feed Drai/McD and B's get a young prospect with high ceiling ready to play at the NHL level and grow with McAvoy.

However, you have to factor in human relations here. What are Chia and Sweeney's views on each other? Would a trade be possible?

The media has also pushed the Krug trade idea, not management. For all we know Krug could be a team linchpin they plan on keeping for the remainder of his contract.

This trade would not free up money for either team who are both close to the cap. Other deals would have to be made to accommodate some cap relief for the next season. Neither wants to be right up against the cap again...

To head off the "Sweeney would be a fool to not trade with a GM he does not like" replies: It happens all the time. GMs are human beings and relationships count in business every day. Burned bridges are rarely rebuilt, but again we don't really know what the relationship between the two really is. It could be water under the bridge for all we know.

All we can do is speculate until some actual info is leaked. Until then Darnell Nurse is an RFA backing off from his draft team. That is blood in the water for many NHL GMs.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
We don't need to trade with anybody guys everything is in house from now on. Zboril vak Andersson Lauzon all amazing dman prospects . Forwards knocking on door donato senyshyn federick studnicka forsbacka karlsson. We are full of wealth. BTW I probably forgot more amazing prospects I'm sure.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We don't need to trade with anybody guys everything is in house from now on. Zboril vak Andersson Lauzon all amazing dman prospects . Forwards knocking on door donato senyshyn federick studnicka forsbacka karlsson. We are full of wealth. BTW I probably forgot more amazing prospects I'm sure.

I love prospects, but come on with this.... Everything isn't this awesome lmao

Reactions: HustleB

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
A Nurse for Krug deal makes sense on paper, but just on paper.

Edm gets a "win now" D that can feed Drai/McD and B's get a young prospect with high ceiling ready to play at the NHL level and grow with McAvoy.

However, you have to factor in human relations here. What are Chia and Sweeney's views on each other? Would a trade be possible?

The media has also pushed the Krug trade idea, not management. For all we know Krug could be a team linchpin they plan on keeping for the remainder of his contract.

This trade would not free up money for either team who are both close to the cap. Other deals would have to be made to accommodate some cap relief for the next season. Neither wants to be right up against the cap again...

To head off the "Sweeney would be a fool to not trade with a GM he does not like" replies: It happens all the time. GMs are human beings and relationships count in business every day. Burned bridges are rarely rebuilt, but again we don't really know what the relationship between the two really is. It could be water under the bridge for all we know.

All we can do is speculate until some actual info is leaked. Until then Darnell Nurse is an RFA backing off from his draft team. That is blood in the water for many NHL GMs.
Don and Chiarelli are good and I think they could do a deal if they had to

Chiarelli is looking at a

Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Bouchard
Foursome

I like

Chiarelli can recover from this - he needs to get good evaluators in not yes men - and he probably has

Three moves 50-90% or more of HF Boards thought were bad on the spot

1. Trading 16 & 33 in a loaded 2015 draft with Kyle Connor, Barzal, Boeser, Chabot, Carlo, Konecny
Just a few names available at 16 & 33.

2. Hall for Larsson. I was in line at Universal for a ride and when I heard the deal I told the people I was with Adam Henrique was I this - it was two Adam’s for Hall - that made sense. How someone let Chiarelli do that deal as is is crazy

3. Signing Lucic

Ultimate thinking with cock not brains

Horrible

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The problem with is. There's only one Peter Chiarelli out there but who knows maybe he will part with Draisaitl next.:naughty:

mike bossy traded luongo and jokkinen to make room for diepetro… and injured barry Pederson was dealt for cam neely

these things do happen... but its difficult to say any of us can see it coming

I remember when mark messier was struggling in Edmonton his second season... still stuck on the left wing... rumors about his party habits... undisciplined on the ice...

I made 1 billion fantasy trade ideas in those days how we could get him for table scraps. but honest how would I know what Edmonton wanted for him? im pretty sure he was available for the right price... but that price might have been very high

of course for messier... almost any price would have been worth it. he turned out to be a hell of a player.

does anyone remember the talk here... how boston would trade marchand because he was embarrassing the front office? remember the trade proposals people used to debate? how close were we to dealing marchand? and how badly would we have been ripped off if we had dealt him then?

theres probably trade ideas being tossed around everyday that could be 1 sided jackpots... but maybe the 2 sides just aren't sure what they are dealing with. maybe 1 side or the other gtets that cold feet. very seldom are these huge wins dealing with well known properties. if you know what you are dealing its a more balanced trade.

to have a chance at a huge win... you must deal damaged goods... or unknown upsides... there has to be some variables in the trade that may or may not work out

and the other side you deal with... it has to feel differently then you do. you gamble 1 diection and they gamble the other... and its a toss up who will be right and win. just have faith in yourself if you want to play this game

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
A cup is a cup is a cup.

Should, could, had. Means nothing until you win it all.
Huh?

So Chiarelli throwing away a few years of contender status means nothing because he won 1 Cup?

Another GM would’ve won 2-3 Cups with that roster. Chia trades away Seguin Boychuk gives big contracts to 3rd/ 4th liners. He’s destroyed the Oiler roster. Eberle gone for what? Reinhart for a shot at Barzal? Taylor Hall (League MVP) for their #4 dman?

And now he’s about to lose Nurse because he continues to overpay for role players.

People like to bow to the shrine of Chia, not me. Bergeron and Krejci were here. He’s given credit for Savard and Chara but officially those weren’t his signings. And blame Ottawa for choosing Redden over Chara.

Chiarelli tripped and fell into that Cup team. He made a few good moves (Wheeler for Peverley etc)... but for the most part this team won a Cup despite his shoddy management

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Don and Chiarelli are good and I think they could do a deal if they had to

Chiarelli is looking at a

Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Bouchard
Foursome

I like

Chiarelli can recover from this - he needs to get good evaluators in not yes men - and he probably has

Three moves 50-90% or more of HF Boards thought were bad on the spot

1. Trading 16 & 33 in a loaded 2015 draft with Kyle Connor, Barzal, Boeser, Chabot, Carlo, Konecny
Just a few names available at 16 & 33.

2. Hall for Larsson. I was in line at Universal for a ride and when I heard the deal I told the people I was with Adam Henrique was I this - it was two Adam’s for Hall - that made sense. How someone let Chiarelli do that deal as is is crazy

3. Signing Lucic

Ultimate thinking with cock not brains

Horrible

im the biggest griffen reinhart fan on this board... and even I thought that trade sucked for Edmonton... just bizzare

I actually was ok with Larson for hall... and l2017 as hall continued his immature behavior and injury prone I still was ok with it. of course, hall really got much much much much better this past season. we shall see how the rest of his career plays out. meanwhile Larson was the first dman drafted in his class for a reason. his raw tools are very good. he dealt with injurues this past year and the death of his father. hes only 25. zdeno chara at age 25 was still a second pair dman in Ottawa that hadn't cracked 40 points yet.

as people may or may not remember I was calling for lucic to be dealt a year before it happened and telling anyone that will listen that the legs fall off this type of player at age 30 or sooner... no power forward that creates all his offense from being a bull in the china shop ever stayed productive past this age. im a huge fan of Chiarelli and I was shocked he was the one that got suckered into the lucic signing.

I do wonder if the call to sign lucic came from above? theres a meddling owner and a couple layers of upper management above Chiarelli here in Edmonton

whoever gave lucic a 6 year deal was guaranteed to get burnt imo

but that isn't to say I wouldn't take him back at 1/2 cost. 3 mill for an elite (goon) is very good value now. we saw how vegas and Washington value their goons. if you can get a goon that can still take a regular shift and put up 30 points you are way ahead of the other teams in the league

6 mill for a top line player... no... lucic isn't that... but an elite 3rd line goon for 3 mill... id be all over that

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Huh?

So Chiarelli throwing away a few years of contender status means nothing because he won 1 Cup?

Another GM would’ve won 2-3 Cups with that roster. Chia trades away Seguin Boychuk gives big contracts to 3rd/ 4th liners. He’s destroyed the Oiler roster. Eberle gone for what? Reinhart for a shot at Barzal? Taylor Hall (League MVP) for their #4 dman?

And now he’s about to lose Nurse because he continues to overpay for role players.

People like to bow to the shrine of Chia, not me. Bergeron and Krejci were here. He’s given credit for Savard and Chara but officially those weren’t his signings. And blame Ottawa for choosing Redden over Chara.

Chiarelli tripped and fell into that Cup team. He made a few good moves (Wheeler for Peverley etc)... but for the most part this team won a Cup despite his shoddy management

clearly not a Chiarelli fan... but a very unfair take you have... very unfair

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
the nurse thing is interesting... as I catch up on the developments its very interesting.

a first and a 3rd for nurse is a no brainer. big mean 23 year old left shot stud. hes right at the point dmen start to blossom... 197 career games... that's the magic number

honestly id give up a first/second/third without blinking an eye but would I want a 6.5 mill cap hit for a guy that might never produce offense? what does paying nurse 6.5 mill mean for carlo when carlos eligible for arbitration?

me likely some darnell nurse on my bruins...

weighing my options... id probably sign nurse... immediately deal McQuaid and krug to make the necessary room {id be trading krug for a top 4 dman making less in this example}.. and use carlo next year to recover the draft picks we are losing now since it would be very difficult to sign him after making the play for nurse

could krug get us shea theodore or nate Schmidt from vegas? id think it would be possible

top 6 defense of...
McAvoy/theodore
nurse/chara
miller/moore
grezlyck
once chara retires... work some of the kids in... I likey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Huh?

Huh? That's not what I'm saying.
You have a very bad take on it.
Thinking any other GM would win 2-3 cups it's laughable.
Like I said BEFORE, would,could, had, means nothing until you win it all.

In 2013 the blame is more on the players than the GM.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
mike bossy traded luongo and jokkinen to make room for diepetro… and injured barry Pederson was dealt for cam neely

these things do happen... but its difficult to say any of us can see it coming

I remember when mark messier was struggling in Edmonton his second season... still stuck on the left wing... rumors about his party habits... undisciplined on the ice...

I made 1 billion fantasy trade ideas in those days how we could get him for table scraps. but honest how would I know what Edmonton wanted for him? im pretty sure he was available for the right price... but that price might have been very high

of course for messier... almost any price would have been worth it. he turned out to be a hell of a player.

does anyone remember the talk here... how boston would trade marchand because he was embarrassing the front office? remember the trade proposals people used to debate? how close were we to dealing marchand? and how badly would we have been ripped off if we had dealt him then?

theres probably trade ideas being tossed around everyday that could be 1 sided jackpots... but maybe the 2 sides just aren't sure what they are dealing with. maybe 1 side or the other gtets that cold feet. very seldom are these huge wins dealing with well known properties. if you know what you are dealing its a more balanced trade.

to have a chance at a huge win... you must deal damaged goods... or unknown upsides... there has to be some variables in the trade that may or may not work out

and the other side you deal with... it has to feel differently then you do. you gamble 1 diection and they gamble the other... and its a toss up who will be right and win. just have faith in yourself if you want to play this game

Mike Bossy?

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad