Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
No doubt the Jets and Burmi could certainly come to an agreement to be signed at a later date. But it would not be enforceable, and could not be registered with the NHL. You probably won't hear a peep about it either.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
From what I can see Brumistrov's teams last game was December 13th and their next game isn't until December 24th. Not sure if or why he would be in Winnipeg, but, his team is on a lengthy break. :dunno:

He's certainly not coming all the way over here for some Christmas shopping. Something is up.

Has there been a rumor of Burmi being in Winnipeg recently?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Has there been a rumor of Burmi being in Winnipeg recently?

I was confused about that too.
At some point on the last page it just became a thing he was in town :laugh:

After this post people started acting as though he was in town. Maybe Matt knows something.
From what I can see Brumistrov's teams last game was December 13th and their next game isn't until December 24th. Not sure if or why he would be in Winnipeg, but, his team is on a lengthy break. :dunno:

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
It was reported as a rumor- as in a friend of a friend told me - that Burmi' sticks as well as Budaj's were in Winnipeg.

EDIT- see above

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Probably better thats just deleted...as I wrote it was second-hand info and obviously causing a debate over a non-issue, but hence the disclaimer.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Pure speculation on my part: maybe there's a deal in the works involving his rights, and they need him to complete a team physical?

Or...maybe he's got some people in Winnipeg that he's been meaning to visit. And he wants to give away some of his sticks as gifts. Hard to know. :laugh:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I heard about someone claiming that the sidewalks around the MTS center were to well cleared so he wasn't getting enough ice time.
Sounds like Burmi's back!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Probably better thats just deleted...as I wrote it was second-hand info and obviously causing a debate over a non-issue, but hence the disclaimer.

Its definitely curious.
Though I don't put much emphasis in the Budaj thing. Hutch took warm ups last night, so I doubt he's dinged up. And it doesn't seem unreasonable for the Jets to keep his sticks on hand. Unlike player sticks which change with some frequency, a team can keep goalie sticks in storage and feel confident should they need them they will be what the goalie uses.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we'll find it soon enough if there's any gusto to it. In the mean time it's nice to have something to chew on for a change.

It's interesting that another person came up with the Budaj thing too.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Pure speculation on my part: maybe there's a deal in the works involving his rights, and they need him to complete a team physical?

Hmmm...

Edmonton wants a #2 center...

Burmistrov is a #2 center...

Edmonton has Hall on the trade block...

hmmm...

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
That was surprising, its unlikely to have two independent rumours that specific. But think I'll just give up on reporting from now on! :cry:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we'll find it soon enough if there's any gusto to it. In the mean time it's nice to have something to chew on for a change.

It's interesting that another person came up with the Budaj thing too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Certainly the RFA dec1 rule would have applied last season. I wonder if the 2 year deal he signed and that he has been out of the NHL for more than 1 year somehow bypasses that rule for this season?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Certainly the RFA dec1 rule would have applied last season. I wonder if the 2 year deal he signed and that he has been out of the NHL for more than 1 year somehow bypasses that rule for this season?

doubtful. To me...it makes no sense for it be like that though. its just foolishness.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
50.8 restricts this:

Long story short, unless the NHL changes the rules midseason, Burmistrov will not be playing for us this year.

We are still in the current league year though. And if I'm not mistaken, the current league year is 2014/2015, not one or the other. To me that speaks more to signing a contract in the future more so then RFA status.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

Nope.

It's so teams can't stash away RFAs and bring them back late in the season, effectively bypassing the salary cap.

But a one time event like the KHL crashing could cause the NHL to suspend that rule. However the teams that do not have RFAs in Russia will likely be opposed to it.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Nope.

It's so teams can't stash away RFAs and bring them back late in the season, effectively bypassing the salary cap.

But a one time event like the KHL crashing could cause the NHL to suspend that rule. However the teams that do not have RFAs in Russia will likely be opposed to it.

**** em.

do it anyways.

#FreeBurmi

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
We are still in the current league year though. And if I'm not mistaken, the current league year is 2014/2015, not one or the other. To me that speaks more to signing a contract in the future more so then RFA status.

11.4 prevents teams from signing group 2 FAs (RFAs) past Dec 1st of the current season. So he cannot sign for this year.

50.8 Only allows SPCs to be signed for the current year. So he cannot sign for next year only.

He cannot play in the NHL this season unless the NHL changes the CBA at least temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad