Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
That would be a very deep and talented forward group, but I'm not sure you could afford to have Burmi and Frolik on the 4th line (probably making about $8 million between them).

If Petan and Ehlers are really ready, then I think that Buff or Kane (or maybe Frolik) get traded for a 2015 1st round pick and a good young LHD.

Let's assume Buff gets traded... (ages next year in parentheses).

Ladd (30) - Little (28) - Frolik (27)
Kane (24) - Perreault (27) - Wheeler (29)
Burmi (24) - Scheifele (22) - Ehlers (19)
Petan (20) - Lowry (22) - Thorburn (32)

That's an interesting blend of speed, skill and defensive play. I wonder if Maurice might want more size up front.

Guaranteed. No way Petan plays on the 4th line, he would play 20 minutes in every role in St. John's instead. Take Burmi out of the equation for a power forward, and maybe you get

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Perrault-(Buff or power forward in his place)
Frolik/F.A/trade acquisition-Scheif-Ehlers/Petan
Lipon-Lowry-Thorburn
(Cormier, Halischuk)

Au revoir Burmi, good luck wherever you land.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Or Russia just sells alot more oil to China...that's the future..

It isn't about who sells which barrel of oil to who. It is about the price of oil on the world market. No need to try to make it complicated. That's all it is. World oil down C$ & Ruble down. World oil up C$ and Ruble up. Invade neighbouring country your currency will fall. Kiss and make up your currency will recover.

NHL players are paid in US$ but 7 of the teams that generate the most revenue are paid in C$. That affects the cap. It affects the market value of players.

All that said the situation still favours KHL players going to the NHL.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Guaranteed. No way Petan plays on the 4th line, he would play 20 minutes in every role in St. John's instead. Take Burmi out of the equation for a power forward, and maybe you get

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Perrault-(Buff or power forward in his place)
Frolik/F.A/trade acquisition-Scheif-Ehlers/Petan
Lipon-Lowry-Thorburn

Au revoir Burmi, good luck wherever you land.

No way you give up on Burmi yet, with two years in the minors (KHL) he probably has matured add to that Maurice' coaching and Burmi may improve the 3rd line immensely! Burmi, Schief, Frolik third line next season.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
you are nothing if not inconsistent ;)

Circumstances change. Too much complacency and entitlement was in our organization with Noel as our coach.

Burmistrov is talented, smart and big enough to help this team. He always was. What he isn't is good enough to dictate how he thinks he should be used.

If he's looking to come back on his own terms, he can ride out the rest of his years in Europe until he's 27. If he wants to be a part of this team, welcome back. Clean slate. Maurice could turn him into a hell of a player I think.

If he wants to play NHL but thinks he deserves a fresh start, to play on this line, with these players, etc? Do that in Europe where your play and passport justifies it.

I hope he makes the mature decision and not the easy one like last time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No way you give up on Burmi yet, with two years in the minors (KHL) he probably has matured add to that Maurice' coaching and Burmi may improve the 3rd line immensely! Burmi, Schief, Frolik third line next season.

Ok who are you and what have you done with our grumpy detective?

:sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Circumstances change. Too much complacency and entitlement was in our organization with Noel as our coach.

Burmistrov is talented, smart and big enough to help this team. He always was. What he isn't is good enough to dictate how he thinks he should be used.

If he's looking to come back on his own terms, he can ride out the rest of his years in Europe until he's 27. If he wants to be a part of this team, welcome back. Clean slate. Maurice could turn him into a hell of a player I think.

If he wants to play NHL but thinks he deserves a fresh start, to play on this line, with these players, etc? Do that in Europe where your play and passport justifies it.

I hope he makes the mature decision and not the easy one like last time.

I agree with your post and I have mixed emotions on Alex's return.

This is business so no matter what we need to maximize his asset value. He is at worst a very good third line player but most likely a decent 2nd line player when he enters his prime. "IF" we can get him signed into a reasonable bridge deal my vote is to give PMo a shot with Alex. Paul’s experience in the KHL will go a long way but mostly I think Maurice is a really good communicator and he will figure out how to bring the best out in Alex. If he can't then we quietly grab the best deal we can. Part of me still feels he is a bit of a head case and why rock the boat on a team that is playing so well together but I think that might be selling the coach a bit short and I would rather let it play out.

honestly I just want Alex to get back and put up crazy advanced stats while not scoring enough points so Sip can get back to normal.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well we are at it, we should make a play for Radulov. He's an UFA now, isn't he?

Radulov is a joke, his work ethic is non-existent and he had become a healthy scratch when he came back to the Predators a few years back. Radulov and the NHL are done!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Soon.
Screen_shot_2014-12-15_at_11.55.47_PM.0.png

Screen_shot_2014-12-15_at_11.56.09_PM.0.png

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2014...-fun-with-shot-location-winnipeg-jets-centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad