Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Yeah, the Jets have Kulda's rights until July 1 and then he becomes a UFA. Since he's an RFA and not signed by December 1, he's ineligible to play in the NHL this season. The Jets could theoretically sign him for 2015-16 after the end of the KHL season and before July 1, but I don't think he's in their plans.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I hope Burmistrov converted his past pay cheques to USD after getting them. >_>

He's definitely coming back next season. I feel it.

If teams do collapse and players actually and quit mid season - I wonder if he'd come sign now.

He'd be eligible at the end of the year if he signed before New Years, right?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Is the consensus that 2 years in the KHL developed Burmy well enough to return to the NHL?

Sort of like the development he perhaps should have had after being drafted but was instead rushed too early?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is the consensus that 2 years in the KHL developed Burmy well enough to return to the NHL?

Sort of like the development he perhaps should have had after being drafted but was instead rushed too early?

I think he was already an established player when he left roccerfeller. Hard to say what the KHL experience will do for him when and if he returns?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
From what I can see Brumistrov's teams last game was December 13th and their next game isn't until December 24th. Not sure if or why he would be in Winnipeg, but, his team is on a lengthy break. :dunno:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's certainly not coming all the way over here for some Christmas shopping. Something is up.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Here we go :

11.4 Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agent. An SPC for a Group 2 Free Agent will be
rejected and will be null and void ab initio (i.e., the Player's Free Agency and contractual status
shall revert to the status he held prior to signing his SPC), if it is not signed and filed with
Central Registry by 5:00 p.m. New York time on December 1 in the then current NHL Season.

Burmistrov is not eligible to play in the NHL this season, as is any other RFA.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Definitely, the question is what?

I guess they could be putting out the feelers to see what's up? They can't sign him for this year, and can't sign him for next year. But I'm sure they can put a contract in place. We may hear within the next while if the NHL is going to allow an exemption for unsigned RFAs. However Akbars is not one of the rumored teams to be in trouble, but information out of Russia is less than reliable.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Here we go :

Burmistrov is not eligible to play in the NHL this season, as is any other RFA.

Hmm.. I thought it was Jan 1. There goes that thought. Bummer.

I guess they could be putting out the feelers to see what's up? They can't sign him for this year, and can't sign him for next year. But I'm sure they can put a contract in place. We may hear within the next while if the NHL is going to allow an exemption for unsigned RFAs. However Akbars is not one of the rumored teams to be in trouble, but information out of Russia is less than reliable.

They can't sign him for next year yet either?

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

So, is it possible that he already signed a contract? Like before Dec 1 maybe? Would it have to be open knowledge by registering it with the league?

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
He is in the final year of his two year deal. I am also not sure there is any rule against holding a contract in both leagues.

Not an NHL "league" rule per se (i.e. not in the CBA), but I think there is an agreement in place between the two leagues that prevents just that.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
With the ruble's value now being so low it would be cheap to buy out Burmi's remaining contract. In that scenario would he be able to sign and play with the Jets?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He is in the final year of his two year deal. I am also not sure there is any rule against holding a contract in both leagues.

50.8 restricts this:

(d) No Club or Player may enter into an SPC that does not cover at least the thencurrent
League Year. The foregoing does not apply to an SPC entered into pursuant to Section
50.5(f) above, or to Unsigned Draft Choices or Draft Related Unrestricted Free Agents, who
shall be permitted to sign an SPC during the period from March 1 through June 1 immediately
preceding the League Year in which such SPC is to take effect.

Long story short, unless the NHL changes the rules midseason, Burmistrov will not be playing for us this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad