Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Don't mind the looks of that at all! (Besides the obvious).

Although it wouldn't happen, I like the thought of Petan making the squad and seeing this:

LLW
Kane-MP-Petan
Ehlers-Scheif-Buff
Lowry-Burmi-Frolik

Indeed, swap Thorburn out of the line-up for Petan and man all 4 of those lines look good, shuffle them about as needed. Man I hate that Thorburn contract..

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Although it wouldn't happen, I like the thought of Petan making the squad and seeing this:

LLW
Kane-MP-Petan
Ehlers-Scheif-Buff
Lowry-Burmi-Frolik

Those would be 4 very good lines. :)

Whileee

May 29, 2010

LLW
Kane-MP-Petan
Ehlers-Scheif-Buff
Lowry-Burmi-Frolik

That would be a very deep and talented forward group, but I'm not sure you could afford to have Burmi and Frolik on the 4th line (probably making about $8 million between them).

If Petan and Ehlers are really ready, then I think that Buff or Kane (or maybe Frolik) get traded for a 2015 1st round pick and a good young LHD.

Let's assume Buff gets traded... (ages next year in parentheses).

Ladd (30) - Little (28) - Frolik (27)
Kane (24) - Perreault (27) - Wheeler (29)
Burmi (24) - Scheifele (22) - Ehlers (19)
Petan (20) - Lowry (22) - Thorburn (32)

That's an interesting blend of speed, skill and defensive play. I wonder if Maurice might want more size up front.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That would be a very deep and talented forward group, but I'm not sure you could afford to have Burmi and Frolik on the 4th line (probably making about $8 million between them).

If Petan and Ehlers are really ready, then I think that Buff or Kane (or maybe Frolik) get traded for a 2015 1st round pick and a good young LHD.

That's an interesting blend of speed, skill and defensive play. I wonder if Maurice might want more size up front.

Except there is one 32 year old that brings none of these things.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

It would be better without Thor (insert any of at least a half dozen) but this is more realistic. If Maurice wanted a 4th line he could have it at any time. Galiardi - Lowry - Klingberg, done. That easy. I have given up trying to figure out his thinking on the 4th line. He wants to aim higher with Lowry? OK, np. Gali - O'Dell/Cormier/Albert - Klingberg. He wants a helmetpuncher available for those occasions when we can expect the opposition to dress one? OK, keep one of Thor Peluso around and move them in & out of the lineup as needed. Apparently he likes playing his 4th line 3 minutes per game.

We don't need to acquire different players to fix the 4th line. We just need management to decide they want to do it.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
IFFF Burmistrov is back next year, with Frolik re-signed...Ehlers is up, Petan is AHL...

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Byfuglien-Scheifele-Ehlers
Kane-Perreault-Frolik
Burmistrov-Lowry-who cares

If Alex is our 10/11th best forward instead of our 5th two years ago, that's a great sign.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
IFFF Burmistrov is back next year, with Frolik re-signed...Ehlers is up, Petan is AHL...

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Byfuglien-Scheifele-Ehlers
Kane-Perreault-Frolik
Burmistrov-Lowry-who cares

If Alex is our 10/11th best forward instead of our 5th two years ago, that's a great sign.

I suspect Petan is slated for the AHL if we have either Burmi or Frolik. His only chance is if we have neither. I don't expect Ehlers for another year either. I think they will let him finish junior before bringing him into the NHL. Top 9 the same as this year unless Frolik goes or Buff is traded. If Frolik goes he is replaced by Burmi or Petan.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I suspect Petan is slated for the AHL if we have either Burmi or Frolik. His only chance is if we have neither. I don't expect Ehlers for another year either. I think they will let him finish junior before bringing him into the NHL. Top 9 the same as this year unless Frolik goes or Buff is traded. If Frolik goes he is replaced by Burmi or Petan.

I doubt that next year is being micromanaged to this level at this point. There are too many variables in play.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I doubt that next year is being micromanaged to this level at this point. There are too many variables in play.

That's not what I meant. Take it as a prediction. That is what I see as probably happening. I think I covered most of the moving parts but there are quite a few permutations.

The Ehlers part I think is already decided. He will have to make them change their minds which is not impossible, just unlikely, IMO.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That's not what I meant. Take it as a prediction. That is what I see as probably happening. I think I covered most of the moving parts but there are quite a few permutations.

The Ehlers part I think is already decided. He will have to make them change their minds which is not impossible, just unlikely, IMO.

Chevy has basically said that when prospects are ready, they'll make room for them - a lot can happen in a year of development of a young prospect.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Chevy has basically said that when prospects are ready, they'll make room for them - a lot can happen in a year of development of a young prospect.

Yup, of course. I'm predicting based on a combination of what I see from the players and what I see from the Jets. That's all it is, a prediction. I think a lot of the people here are getting too excited about some of our prospects making the Jets next year and having an immediate impact. Trying to be realistic I see the process progressing rather more slowly than what many people are assuming.

In Petan's case I look at the roster and ask myself who's job is he going to take? Who is he going to push aside? If Frolik and Buff are both still in our top 9 the answer is that he will not find a spot. With Buff now going back on D the picture could change. That top 9 spot might be filled by someone Petan could beat out. Or it could be back to Buff or it could be filled by Ehlers. Time will tell.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
So how bout that ruble:
B4HvCmACcAAZW44.png:large

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I hope Burmi is being paid in US$.

I wonder if the KHL is going to start feeling the pinch from a Russian economy that is going into the tank.

My understanding is all the players are paid in rubles.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So how bout that ruble:
B4HvCmACcAAZW44.png:large

The value of the Ruble is being affected by the political situation in Ukraine. That could change (either way actually) very quickly. It is also heavily affected by the price of oil. Unfortunately the $C is also heavily influenced by the price of oil in the same direction as the Ruble.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
The value of the Ruble is being affected by the political situation in Ukraine. That could change (either way actually) very quickly. It is also heavily affected by the price of oil. Unfortunately the $C is also heavily influenced by the price of oil in the same direction as the Ruble.

the Canadian dollar hasn't declined 40% in 6 months. Burmistrov's salary has effectively dropped from $3m to $1.8m in 6 months. (figures are illustrative)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
the Canadian dollar hasn't declined 40% in 6 months. Burmistrov's salary has effectively dropped from $3m to $1.8m in 6 months. (figures are illustrative)

And Canada hasn't invaded Ukraine. But oil prices affect both currencies in the same direction. Putin backs off on Ukraine and the sanctions are lifted the Ruble recovers half the loss almost overnight. The other half is oil.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Or Russia just sells alot more oil to China...that's the future..

That's the present, although Kazakhstan is technically not Russia, and they are guaranteed to sell oil to Europe. However if the West is in recession, they buy less Chinese goods, which puts China into recession. We are all in this together, even if we don't like each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad