Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
A lot of centers in the franchise. Obviously, a few are going to have to move to the wing.

Here's a radical suggestion....

Move Ladd for a top-4 LHD and a 1st round pick.

Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler (top offensive line)
Burmi-Little-Frolik (shut down line)
Perreault-Lowry-Buff (beastly third line)

So you want to dump one of the best and most consistent scorers on the team and move another consistent scorer (Little) down a line and put Burmi who has never proven he can score at any level in any league!:shakehead Good thing your not a coach or GM!

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So you want to dump one of the best and most consistent scorers on the team and move another consistent scorer (Little) down a line and put Burmi who has never proven he can score at any level in any league!:shakehead Good thing your not a coach or GM!

I agree, and to add to this trade suggestion. I don't understand why people assume Andrew Ladd is that much better than a top 4 dman to the point teams have to add 1st round selections. I personally don't see teams lining up to do such a deal.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I get that you can't stand Burmi, but he did have 13 goals and 28 points as a 3rd line 20 year old in the NHL.

You forgot that in my proposal we add a top-4 D and another first round pick in 2015.

I think that if the Jets are to be a real contender Scheifele has to develop into a top-line player. I think he's getting there. If Little is a second-line center, the Jets are in very good shape.

Despite his scoring so far, I've been underwhelmed by Ladd's play this year. To be honest, I think he's a weak link on that line from a playing perspective. I suppose you might keep him for his leadership.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think Ladd is very under-rated for what he brings to the team. He has his bad games but on average he puts up 25-30 goals a year, plays hard top line minutes, is a leader, is good in the community, plays hard every night really. This talk of trading Ladd is crazy, His wife is a member of the board on TNSE, they built a house here, putting roots down here. I don't think Ladd is going anywhere.

Can talk about LLF being our top line but, the way i see it is the TOP line is actually KSW... they seem to play more against the other teams best lines. I know KSW played mostly against Toews line vs Chicago. They may not technically be the first line but as far as i'm concerned, they pretty much are. Ladd,Little,Frolik is our second line for all intents and purposes.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Can talk about LLF being our top line but, the way i see it is the TOP line is actually KSW... they seem to play more against the other teams best lines. I know KSW played mostly against Toews line vs Chicago. They may not technically be the first line but as far as i'm concerned, they pretty much are. Ladd,Little,Frolik is our second line for all intents and purposes.

* Little has tended to play against other team's top lines more often than Scheifele for home games where Maurice has been able to control the last change
* Little has averaged more minutes per than Scheifele
* Members of LLF line is avg more points per min than KSW, especially for 5v5

It's closer than it's ever been in Jets history, and may very well change this season, but not yet.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Major progress...
  • 2 seasons ago Winnipeg fans were yelling and screaming the Burmistrov should be our #2 centre
  • Today, we're discussing whether we can find room on the 3rd line for him, or if we should roll a 3A and a 3B line to make room for him

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Major progress...
  • 2 seasons ago Winnipeg fans were yelling and screaming the Burmistrov should be our #2 centre
  • Today, we're discussing whether we can find room on the 3rd line for him, or if we should roll a 3A and a 3B line to make room for him

I don't remember that, and I certainly didn't. That being said Burmi would be a valuable addition to the team. Not sure where he fits in but ahead of the bottom fringe.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I can see Burmi developing into a Frolik with some maturity, putting up better numbers. I am very curious as to how Mo would use him. Mo seems adept at identifying players strengths and getting the best out of them. The game they are currrently playing seems to fit with Burmi's style and I can see him excelling in this environment.

Thoughts?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I don't remember that, and I certainly didn't. That being said Burmi would be a valuable addition to the team. Not sure where he fits in but ahead of the bottom fringe.

In fairness, two seasons ago Burmi would have been about as good a 2nd C as Jokinen ever was.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
If Burmistrov did decide to return, it would mark the first time I felt the Jets were "loaded" at forward. With Frolik going to FA this summer, Burmistrov's return next season would be timely.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
In the 2012-2013 season Jokinen was -19 in 45 games and Burmistrov was an even 0 in 44 games. Even Garrett9's advanced stats showed that players performed better with Burmistrov as centre than with Jokinen. Jokinen had some "regression to the mean", and was -8 over 82 games the following season. Not that great, but not as disastrous as his previous season.

#FancySchmancyStat
ZERO == the number of teams that have made the playoffs when Jokinen started the season with them
  • 2005-2006 Panthers; 11th
  • 2006-2007 Panthers; 12th
  • 2007-2008 Panthers; 11th
  • 2008-2009 Coyotes; 13th; Jokinen was traded to Calgary Flames part way through the season, and made the playoffs via them. But the Coyotes did not make the playoffs
  • 2009-2010 Flames; 10th
  • 2011-2012 Flames; 10th
  • 2012-2013 Jets; 11th
  • 2013-2014 Jets; 9th

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
After a slow start Burmi has now climbed into 2nd place on his teams scoring with 20 pts (7-13) in 29 games.

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
When does the Russian season end (i'm guessing before the NHL one does)... what is the last day the Jets could bring him back?

Might be handy if we were fighting for a playoff spot... if that's at all possible

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
When does the Russian season end (i'm guessing before the NHL one does)... what is the last day the Jets could bring him back?

Might be handy if we were fighting for a playoff spot... if that's at all possible

He can't play in the NHL this season. Players have to be signed before December I think.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Burmi can play for the Jets THIS SEASON.

His team just needs to be eliminated from the KHL playoffs first. (The KHL regular season ends at the end of February) Then, his KHL contract technically goes until April 30th but players are let out of these by their KHL teams and then they're free to sign in the NHL. In fact Evgeny Kuznetsov did this exact thing with the Caps last season.

Burmi's team was sucking at the start of the season but they're doing really well now. Just need to hope they get upset early in the playoffs.

Then we can have a sneak peak at how he'll fit with the team and decide if he's a core piece going forward or if we deal him he could have term on his contract which would increase the trade value.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Burmi can play for the Jets THIS SEASON.

His team just needs to be eliminated from the KHL playoffs first. (The KHL regular season ends at the end of February) Then, his KHL contract technically goes until April 30th but players are let out of these by their KHL teams and then they're free to sign in the NHL. In fact Evgeny Kuznetsov did this exact thing with the Caps last season.

Burmi's team was sucking at the start of the season but they're doing really well now. Just need to hope they get upset early in the playoffs.

Then we can have a sneak peak at how he'll fit with the team and decide if he's a core piece going forward or if we deal him he could have term on his contract which would increase the trade value.

It has nothing to do with the timing of the end of the KHL season. It's an NHL rule that RFAs must be signed by December 1 or they aren't eligible to play for the rest of the season.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
It has nothing to do with the timing of the end of the KHL season. It's an NHL rule that RFAs must be signed by December 1 or they aren't eligible to play for the rest of the season.

That's strange to me because as I pointed out before last season Evgeny Kuznetsov played in the KHL for Chelyabinsk Traktor and then signed with the Washington Capitals on March 8, 2014 and played 17 games for them.

I guess the difference could be that Burmi is an RFA and Kuznetsov signed an ELC. Perhaps I stand corrected. If so, my bad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad