Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Burmi with 2 goals today, including OT winner. Finally played over 14 minutes at 14:02, so only thanks to OT.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Said it before, I'll say it again.

Trade him.

A agree but the Jets have to think ahead on these things. If they trade him out of the KHL, they are lucky to get a third. If they sign him up, put him with good players in the top 6 or 9, and then actively shop him around, I can see him having some tremendous value in a trade.

Teams that trade a lot seem to realize early that they want to see the potential of some of these borderline top 6 players. They often bring them in early, play them in decent spots & then they know what they have. I see Tampa as a team that is doing this (I think they have something like 7-8 young players that they have brought in the last two years & have given them an opportunity to succeed. They have Panik who they gave a good chance but could see he was not going to fit in. Then they have more serious prospects like Drouin that they wait on a longggg time.

Chicago seems to be another team that has done this to a lesser degree. Can't recall all the surprise additions lower in the line-up but they have quite a few that come out of nowhere and are used. Then they have guys like Tervanen (sp?) that they are being ultra patient with.

I always wonder why we don't play some of our guys that are borderline top 6-9 in better situations before we give up on them. O'dell, perfect example. Instead of using him when there was a spot open for a skill guy last year, they played Thorbs:(. Now, they've basically cut him loose to be a tweener and will probably lose him in the offseason. Redmond, same thing, never really had much chance before he was let go.

EDIT: Am I alone in thinking that we need to give young guys a better chance to succeed before giving up on them for nothing?

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
BziAY5TCEAAJT9I.png

Boy.. that last year in North America was something bad... That's combining his AHL and NHL season that year.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Those last 2 years us about where I'd peg his production. He'd probably give us similar value as Frolik.

It's very linear and not much divergent from traditional growth curves if you remove that one bad season, which makes the later two years very plausible... You'd expect some down tick though as he won't be getting PP TOI or likely top6 mins.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's very linear if you remove that one bad season, which makes the later two years very plausible... You'd expect some down tick though as he won't be getting PP TOI.

True. 35ish points and strong two-way play would still make our top 9 very formidable IMO.

Put him in Buffs spot and either move to LHD or trade him for a good LHD and we have a substantially better roster.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
For fun I used the same methods as I did for my old Jokinen bounce back article (that predicted him to 40-45 points for his 43 point year ;) but everyone was skeptical).

The average estimate was Burmistrov lost 6 points from factors besides his own play (lower QoT, on-ice sh%, etc.)...

That normalization puts his NHL production for the Draft+3 at 0.36, almost identical to season prior.
However, I can not do that to his AHL numbers... so that stayed the same.
The adjusted numbers for AHL+NHL would then place at 0.29.

seasontixholder*

Listening to the radio, I don't know if it was PR but Chevy didn't sound like Burmi was on the trading block should he come back. He mentioned his young age. Speculation, but sounds like he will be a Jet.

jetkarma*

Listening to the radio, I don't know if it was PR but Chevy didn't sound like Burmi was on the trading block should he come back. He mentioned his young age. Speculation, but sounds like he will be a Jet.

Smart GM's don't say stupid things , proclaiming a set position for Burmistrov wouldn't be the best decision imo .

Options , we'll have some and take the best one.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
All these speculations about Burmi becoming a Jet... is that for THIS year or NEXT year?
Cheers

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Smart GM's don't say stupid things , proclaiming a set position for Burmistrov wouldn't be the best decision imo .

Options , we'll have some and take the best one.

I agree with your first statement.

The second one? I just can't see where your optimism comes from, honestly.
Options , we'll have some and take none.

Derfel*

He would certainly help with the goal-scoring troubles we've been having, no?

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
2014/15 KHL stats: 22 gms, 5g, 7a, 12 pts, 26 pims, +3.

Doesn't seem to be lighting it up.

They should just move on. Take a mid-rd pick and move on,IMO.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I would prefer to sign and trade or give him a shot on our roster. Remember we are one injury away from Throbs playing in our top 9 so we can use all the help we can get.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

That stat line doesn't include tonight's 4pts.

Should be 7-9-16 in 23 games.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Not sure why there is a fixation on his points? I think we know a this point he is never going to be the big scorer he was thought to be at the draft. If he can be a 30-35 point scorer while being defensively responsible, physical, and a good possession player that is a valuable commodity. No way are the Jets deep or talented enough to dump a player like that for a mid round pick.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Not sure why there is a fixation on his points? I think we know a this point he is never going to be the big scorer he was thought to be at the draft. If he can be a 30-35 point scorer while being defensively responsible, physical, and a good possession player that is a valuable commodity. No way are the Jets deep or talented enough to dump a player like that for a mid round pick.

If he can be a 15-20 point scorer while providing those things, that's still a big improvement over our current 4th liners.

Is that good value for a #8 pick? No, but at this point we should focus on what we can get from him, rather than what we could have had.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Burmi and Frolik on our 3rd line could be a pretty good, defensive line with some offensive upside.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
If he can be a 15-20 point scorer while providing those things, that's still a big improvement over our current 4th liners.

Is that good value for a #8 pick? No, but at this point we should focus on what we can get from him, rather than what we could have had.

Agreed, other than Perrault he would easily be the next best bottom 6 forward on this team.

jetkarma*

You know he's not going accept a 4th line position though .

He's an asset , how big of one is up in the air , but we can help ourselves in some way , hopefully he plays well this season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad