Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Definitely not counting our chickens and it’s kind of odd that he is throwing some stink on his KHL team by openly talking about his NHL aspirations this early in the season?? Notwithstanding, it’s a good day for the NHL Jets player asset inventory

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Definitely not counting our chickens and it’s kind of odd that he is throwing some stink on his KHL team by openly talking about his NHL aspirations this early in the early season?? Notwithstanding, it’s a good day for the NHL Jets player asset inventory

I'm convinced his NHL future will be with another organization. I don't think TNSE thinks he fits here. His rights may be traded before next season.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm convinced his NHL future will be with another organization. I don't think TNSE thinks he fits here. His rights may be traded before next season.

I think I agree with you, but either way, I also agree with ps's comment about it being a good day for the Jet's player asset inventory. If he sticks, great: if we get something back in a trade, also great. Worst case scenario is that we don't utilize him on the ice, or trade him for an asset.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Definitely not counting our chickens and it’s kind of odd that he is throwing some stink on his KHL team by openly talking about his NHL aspirations this early in the season?? Notwithstanding, it’s a good day for the NHL Jets player asset inventory

Lots of KHL players have done the same in the past including Kuznetsov who came over late last year with Washington.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I would prefer not to firesale him but as long as "another org" could neg a decent bridge deal with him I don't see why we couldn't get fair value back. I have always felt he would be a great fit in Detroit.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lots of KHL players have done the same in the past including Kuznetsov who came over late last year with Washington.

Yea I keep forgetting it’s such a different culture. Maybe it’s not that big a deal there but If the shoe was on the other foot and he was with the Jets (or any other NHL club) talking about heading home to the KHL in the middle of the season it would not be received that well. Hard for me to tell if he has strategic intent in his comments (creating a market for himself) or he just doesn't give a ****?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bad Russian player with attitude issues....
We don't want him.
Trade his rights for a 2nd round pick if we can

hard to say what he would yield.......Fro only cost us a 3rd and a 5th and I thought that was a great deal at the time although it may suck depending on the outcome this spring.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I guess the question is why is he asking for one now? Is it because things aren'tgreat for him in Russia ATM or does he really want to come back.

In any case this is a potential opportunity for the Jets to recoup an asset. If he's matured a bit he could be a good asset on our third line.

He's always said the NHL is his dream. That is why he came to play for the Colts.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So Burmistrov is:

A bad Russian player

Has attitude issues.

Hmmm. We sure like to trot out opinion based on practically nothing as fact.

What do I know about Burmistrov?

He has always dreamt of the NHL.
He came to a completely different culture not speaking the language in order to make that happen.
He spent hours skating with kids near his home in his first NHL season in Winnipeg.
He was almost always first on, last off the ice at practice.
The only things that he has ever said about his NHL experience were very mild, in a different language and conveyed with the parameters of a different culture.
We don't really know the inner mechanisms of Burmistrov leaving i.e. how much of his contract demands were coming from his agent, or how much the Jets were a part of his decision to go to the KHL.

Yeah, though. He's a terrible player and a total monster. Instead of just holding true to a viewpoint not based in reality, how about taking the time to try and see the whole picture?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
So Burmistrov is:

A bad Russian player

Has attitude issues.

He came to a completely different culture not speaking the language in order to make that happen.
He spent hours skating with kids near his home in his first NHL season in Winnipeg.
The only things that he has ever said about his NHL experience were very mild, in a different language and conveyed with the parameters of a different culture.
We don't really know the inner mechanisms of Burmistrov leaving i.e. how much of his contract demands were coming from his agent, or how much the Jets were a part of his decision to go to the KHL.

Yeah, though. He's a terrible player and a total monster. Instead of just holding true to a viewpoint not based in reality, how about taking the time to try and see the whole picture?

Totally agree on all points and expect to see him back in the NHL next season. Listening to Chevy, I got the feeling that he likes Burmi and is expecting to see him back.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ah... Burmi throwing his dreams out there at the start of the KHL season, in the face of his present employer Ak Bars.

How very Russian of him.

If I read between the lines, he is going to go out have a great season in the KHL ante'ing up his value towards a bigger paycheck whether in the K' or in the NHL; regardless if its with Winnipeg or another NHL team.

Shrewd.

Go for it Burmi. Play your ass off. Winnipeg will get a better asset in return once we trade him. Perrault isn't going anywhere and unless he wants to play 4th line replacing Slater UFA, he isn't returning to the Jets next year. Trade coming.

Late 1st after a great KHL season by Burmi..... hmmmmm. :naughty:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Totally agree on all points and expect to see him back in the NHL next season. Listening to Chevy, I got the feeling that he likes Burmi and is expecting to see him back.

It would be interesting to see how Mo uses Burmi? Fro and Burmi may be a good PK unit.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ah... Burmi throwing his dreams out there at the start of the KHL season, in the face of his present employer Ak Bars.

How very Russian of him.

If I read between the lines, he is going to go out have a great season in the KHL ante'ing up his value towards a bigger paycheck whether in the K' or in the NHL; regardless if its with Winnipeg or another NHL team.

Shrewd.

Go for it Burmi. Play your ass off. Winnipeg will get a better asset in return once we trade him. Perrault isn't going anywhere and unless he wants to play 4th line replacing Slater UFA, he isn't returning to the Jets next year. Trade coming.

Late 1st after a great KHL season by Burmi..... hmmmmm. :naughty:

Once again the valuation for a Jet (former Jet) is way out of whack, Burmi brings a low second round pick at best and most likely a high third round pick.

Like Ellerby, Tangradi, Budaj and anyone else the Jets ever put on waivers where 29 other NHL clubs always determined they weren't good enough for the NHL, I really don't think Burmi's standing is much different. On the other hand a club looking for a fourth line defensive centre might take a flier on Burmi.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Once again the valuation for a Jet (former Jet) is way out of whack, Burmi brings a low second round pick at best and most likely a high third round pick.

Like Ellerby, Tangradi, Budaj and anyone else the Jets ever put on waivers where 29 other NHL clubs always determined they weren't good enough for the NHL, I really don't think Burmi's standing is much different. On the other hand a club looking for a fourth line defensive centre might take a flier on Burmi.

Oh, Sip...

Do you really think I value Burmistrov that much?

I agree with you, totally. Read between the lines. I am thinking and talking like a Russian right now.

Your last line is telling though and was my point all along. Burmi doesn't see him self as a 4th line defensive centre. He sees himself at a much higher value. Capiche? ;)

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Burmi would have zero chance making it through wavers......apples and oranges compared to the other guys......I have no idea what we would get for him as far as picks go though?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Oh, Sip...

Do you really think I value Burmistrov that much?

I agree with you, totally. Read between the lines. I am thinking and talking like a Russian right now.

Your last line is telling though and was my point all along. Burmi doesn't see him self as a 4th line defensive centre. He sees himself at a much higher value. Capiche? ;)

No, I actually agreed with your post, just added to it, some in here still think Burmi's a number one or two centre or that we could get a top six player in return for him.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No, I actually agreed with your post, just added to it, some in here still think Burmi's a number one or two centre or that we could get a top six player in return for him.

Remember Sip...there's a sucker born every minute.

Chevy traded an upper 2nd for Setoguchi, so why not dream for a late 1st.

Just sayin. Burmi is motivated and being a star in the KHL might bring GM hallucinations to the NHL; that Oasis just on the horizon in the desert, shifting in the oppressive heat, that avatar of revival for a franchise.... :sarcasm:

Last edited:

seasontixholder*

So Burmistrov is:

A bad Russian player

Has attitude issues.

Best post yet. I personally feel he got a raw deal with Noel. I know it wasn't right that Burmi spouted off at Noel but Noel preferring a terrible Jokinen over him was wrong. Noel obviously didn't favor the young players.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Burmi would have zero chance making it through wavers......apples and oranges compared to the other guys......I have no idea what we would get for him as far as picks go though?

I agree -- he's a fairly high first rounder and still very young. He wouldn't make it through one team on waivers

**Nevermind - I also have been sip ped

Last edited:

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
So Burmistrov is:

A bad Russian player

Has attitude issues.

No evidence?

"He's hard to play with" Nik Antropov"

I remember a quote about him not listening to coaches and vets and talking about the respect he deserved.

In the doghouse often with Noel.

DemandedWaaaaay too much money before walking away from his "Dream" to play on the K.

Now is crapping the bed and complaining about his team in the press.

Under performed as a jet
Complained about the org in Russian papers

How much slack does a POTENTIAL 2C probable 3c deserve before we trade him?

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
No evidence?

"He's hard to play with" Nik Antropov"

I remember a quote about him not listening to coaches and vets and talking about the respect he deserved.

In the doghouse often with Noel.

DemandedWaaaaay too much money before walking away from his "Dream" to play on the K.

Now is crapping the bed and complaining about his team in the press.

Under performed as a jet
Complained about the org in Russian papers

How much slack does a POTENTIAL 2C probable 3c deserve before we trade him?

Can't say I see a whole lot of evidence in this post.

seasontixholder*

Can't say I see a whole lot of evidence in this post.

I'm with this guy ^

The was a rumor that Schief had it out with Noel. I don't find that hard to believe either. True North wasted too much time on Noel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad