Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Small samples make me not really concerned about his scoring thus far, but I am a bit concerned with the drop in TOI/GP, shift/GP, and shot/GP...

Those aren't positive signs and can also hurt his value.

Yeah I've noticed that too. Been awhile since I've seen him above 14 minutes in a game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
@dchesnokov: Alexander Burmistrov is pretty much asking for another chance in the #NHL. #NHLJets http://t.co/eWacmCgQk1

http://dchesnokov.tumblr.com/post/9...burmistrov-is-pretty-much-asking-for-a-second

I guess the question is why is he asking for one now? Is it because things aren'tgreat for him in Russia ATM or does he really want to come back.

In any case this is a potential opportunity for the Jets to recoup an asset. If he's matured a bit he could be a good asset on our third line.

seasontixholder*

If AK Bars doesn't make the playoffs, their season is done Feb. 24th. Does that mean Burmi would be able to play in the Peg Feb 27th? (Gotta give him some traveling time).

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If AK Bars doesn't make the playoffs, their season is done Feb. 24th. Does that mean Burmi would be able to play in the Peg Feb 27th? (Gotta give him some traveling time).

They have 11 wins in 14 games. That would be a Leafesque collapse to not make the playoffs

seasontixholder*

They have 11 wins in 14 games. That would be a Leafesque collapse to not make the playoffs

So you're saying there is a chance? Anyways. It's safe to assume Burmi won't be in a Jets uni until next year if he signs.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

would he have to pass through waivers after he signed with someone?
Or did that rule change since the last Cuba happened?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
would he have to pass through waiversafter he signed with someone?
Or did that rule change since the last Cuba happened?

If we sign him, he does not. He's still on our reserve list. If someone offersheeted him and we didn't match then maybe he would. That would be similar to the O'Reilly debacle.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Heck, I'd sure take Burmi back next season. He'll play on a line with McDavid AND Eichel.

Yes, that's right.

misterb

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg
With Ehlers, Petan and Kossy 1 - 2 years away not to mention a potential top pick this year there's going to be quite the log jam in a good way for roster spots. Add Burmi and O'Dell to that mix there's just no room.

Unless Ladd gets dealt and Frolik doesn't resign?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Yep, the NHL is is dream for sure. As long as it's under certain conditions and for a certain amount of money, and as long as another league doesn't give him a better offer. A dream! One that I'd be willing to leave for a little bit, and then maybe come back if things don't work out. :sarcasm:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Isn't the rule that RFAs have to be signed by December or they can't play for the rest of the season? They waived that clause for the lockout-shortened season (2012) if you're thinking "Hey didn't Kulda sign after the KHL season a couple of years ago?"

seasontixholder*

Isn't the rule that RFAs have to be signed by December or they can't play for the rest of the season? They waived that clause for the lockout-shortened season (2012) if you're thinking "Hey didn't Kulda sign after the KHL season a couple of years ago?"

That's why I asked. I didn't know. So could he could sign in the summer though?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Guess Burmi doesn't see eye to eye with the coaching staff on his KHL team (big surprise) and with his ice drastically reduced playing 2nd or 3rd line in the KHL just isn't for a superstar like himself!

You might actually be on to something there sip.

I still think he'd make our 3rd line better, but his promise to be even a good 2nd liner is doubtful.

I mean, compared to Galiardi and Halischuk he's good lol

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
It would be nice to see Burmi back and playing with people who can see the ice better than straight lines.
Burmi, Petan and Ehlers might be a scary combo...a rotating malestorm of puck possession and chaos for the other team.
It's like Ninjas, on ice.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It would be nice to see Burmi back and playing with people who can see the ice better than straight lines.
Burmi, Petan and Ehlers might be a scary combo...a rotating malestorm of puck possession and chaos for the other team.

A rotating malestorm?! :amazed: :sarcasm:

I'd settle for a maelstrom. ;)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Heck, I'd sure take Burmi back next season. He'll play on a line with McDavid AND Eichel.

Yes, that's right.

the jets, 10 points out of a playoff spot, on deadline day, with terrible goal-tending, finally unload some players for 1st round picks.

The LA Kings find themselves on the bubble, and are desperate for more scoring so they trade their first round pick trade their first round pick for Evander Kane.

Philly, in a more comfortable position wants to add a blue liner, so the jets flip Buff to Philly in exchange for their first round pick. which they promptly switch firsts to Toronto trading Perrault and add Reimer as well.

Suddenly Burmi comes back after AK Bars getting knocked out, and plays RED HOT. Playing where Perrault used to play, he quickly becomes a sensation, scoring at a GPG pace, as well as playing the toughs, leaving KSW to GO OFF!

meanwhile, With Pavs gone, the tandem of Reimer and Hutch quickly establish themselves as a force to be reckoned with. All of a sudden the Jets are on a 7 game winning streak and are back in the hunt.

Quick reveals he has been taking PED's his entire career, and it quickly spirals the Kings into a historic losing streak, leaving the jets with the #1 overall pick.

Bernier suffers a cheap shot concussion injury, and on the last day of the playoffs, the Jets win to put them into 8th and they cross over to play the Ducks.

The jets also call up Petan to play on Scheif and Wheelers wing.

SERIES 1:

Teemu Selanne decides he really hates Beaudreau, and secretly meets with the jets to give the jets everything they need to win. They do, in game 6 on home ice.

SERIES 2:

In the next series, the Jets fall behind 3-0 to the sharks, and are down 2-0 in the third of Game 4 at home.

Paul Maurice calls a time out with 2:00 left and a 5 on 3 after a puck over glass penalty.

Scheifele bangs in two rebounds, on the PP's and all of a sudden it is tied. In OT Scheif scores on a breakaway for the game winner (for the first hat trick), and the MTS centre ice is so covered in Hats, that Joe Thornton, who had been having a playoffs for the ages slips and falls, injuring himself. Obviously the jets grab the momentum and take the series.

SERIES 3:

The Jets play the Blackhawks, after splitting the two games in chi-town, the jets are spurned on by Ladd fighting Toews, early in period two of game 3. With Ladd and Toews in the box, the jets take advantage with Petan and Burmi scoring.

The jets win the rest of the home games to take the series.

SERIES 4:

The Jets still have some fight left, due to a scheduling issue, the Canadiens played their game seven really late. The jets take game 1 taking advantage of a tired group, but les Canadiens storm back to take game 2. The jets dominate on home ice, particularly the line of Petan Scheif and Wheels, who at home are able to get the matchups they want. The jets win the two home games, 3-1 and 4-3 in OT with Scheif scoring another OT winner. After losing game 5 in OT, the Jets go into game 6 and can win the cup on home ice. The game is predictably tight checking, with both teams scoring only one goal in regulation. With Teemu Selanne looking down from the owners box, Scheifele goes on a breakaway... and is TRIPPED! PENALTY SHOT TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP!

Scheif walks in on price and puts it high blocker bar down, and after a lengthy review, Its revealed the puck went in, setting off mass jubilation.

Scheif wins the Conn Smythe

ALSO! the leafs pick wins the lottery, taking them (us) to 2nd position.

Directed by M. Night Schymalaman

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I agree. Noel was constantly harping on North south play. Heaven forbid that anyone get creative. Petan and Ehlers would certainly be given the same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad