Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
You know he's not going accept a 4th line position though .

He's an asset , how big of one is up in the air , but we can help ourselves in some way , hopefully he plays well this season .

That is a risk. If that is the case, we can hopefully get some value back in a trade.

At this point, he'd be a 3rd liner with us. Next season, who knows?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You know he's not going accept a 4th line position though .

He's an asset , how big of one is up in the air , but we can help ourselves in some way , hopefully he plays well this season .

I agree he is not going to play 4th line on this team nor do it think he would have to. At worst he is a solid 3rd line NHL player currently. I assume there will be room in our top 9 next season with injuries etc. "IF" (big If) we can get a reasonable deal structured.

Either way its all about maximizing asset value on a team that is too thin on assets.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That is a risk. If that is the case, we can hopefully get some value back in a trade.

At this point, he'd be a 3rd liner with us. Next season, who knows?

He's a perfect 3rd liner, love to have him back.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Even if Burmistrov comes back and is our Vladimir Sobotka I'd be really happy with that. Although Sobotka also left for the KHL because a lack of NHL icetime.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Unless Burmistrov is willing to buy in to the system and actually play a north south game instead of his east west stuff that we were used to seeing him do, I don't really see a spot for him here. I think he's moved for a pick or a prospect of some kind. I really don't think his value is that much. People seemed to have over rated Burmistrov just a tad around these parts.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
package burmi with 1 of the core guys to get a higher talent

or flip frolik for a pick in the trade deadline if he doesnt sign.
then get burmi to play on frolik spot

seasontixholder*

Unless Burmistrov is willing to buy in to the system and actually play a north south game instead of his east west stuff that we were used to seeing him do, I don't really see a spot for him here. I think he's moved for a pick or a prospect of some kind. I really don't think his value is that much. People seemed to have over rated Burmistrov just a tad around these parts.

The North/South system was Noel's, not Maurice's. Maurice tries to use his players to the best of their ability. Noel did not.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
They Jets are playing a pretty heavy North/South game right now

Not like they were under Noel though. It seemed like Noel's system of gaining the offensive zone was you either skate in as fast as you can along the wall (ala Kane and Wheeler) or you dump it in and skate in as fast as you can along the wall. We're seeing players cross over one another and/or cut back at the blue-line way more under Maurice. In short, they're playing much more competent NHL players being coached as such.

I think Burmi would be fine on the third-line, probably at LW.

seasontixholder*

Not like they were under Noel though. It seemed like Noel's system of gaining the offensive zone was you either skate in as fast as you can along the wall (ala Kane and Wheeler) or you dump it in and skate in as fast as you can along the wall. We're seeing players cross over one another and/or cut back at the blue-line way more under Maurice. In short, they're playing much more competent NHL players being coached as such.

^ What he said ^

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
The North/South system was Noel's, not Maurice's. Maurice tries to use his players to the best of their ability. Noel did not.

I can see him working very well & buying into Mo's system much moreso than he ever did with Noel. I think he got the last of his youthful wanderings out of his system now that he's been back to Russia and he should be a valuable addition to our team next year. Wouldn't be too upset if he was traded, but his value in a trade is likely too low to really get serious about that option right now.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Yup. Noel's system favoured dump and chase. That's why he liked James Wright so much - thought that he was a very good "checker", so he could dump it and then go and take the puck back - maybe that works in the AHL, but not today's NHL.

Maurice wants his players to carry the puck into the zone with possession (which was something that Burmi was good at).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Little, Scheifele, Burmistrov, Petan, Lowry...

Oh the possibilities at C :banana:

A lot of centers in the franchise. Obviously, a few are going to have to move to the wing.

Here's a radical suggestion....

Move Ladd for a top-4 LHD and a 1st round pick.

Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler (top offensive line)
Burmi-Little-Frolik (shut down line)
Perreault-Lowry-Buff (beastly third line)

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
A lot of centers in the franchise. Obviously, a few are going to have to move to the wing.

Here's a radical suggestion....

Move Ladd for a top-4 LHD and a 1st round pick.

Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler (top offensive line)
Burmi-Little-Frolik (shut down line)
Perreault-Lowry-Buff (beastly third line)

Or just Perreault-Lowry-Burmi...

But where does Petan go? Or Ehlers?

What is this strange organizational-depth-like feeling...?

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I hope he decides to return in 2015-16 after seeing how much this team improves. Time hopefully will heal the wounds. He is so talented and would look great on the 3rd line with Byfuglien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad