Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What about Radulov then? He came back to play for the Preds right before playoffs started?

Radulov was already signed to a deal with the Predators - he left to play in the KHL with a year left on his NHL deal. So he was under contract but 'suspended' by the Preds during that time.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I just wanted to circle back and state for the record that GMoney is correct on this one and I was wrong.

I took the time to read the CBA and Burmi is catagorized as a Group 2 Free agent and not a defected player (like Radulov was). The deadline to sign group 2 free agents is December 1st.

Kuznetsov hadn't signed a standard player contract previously which is why he is different.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
What's the status on this guy? :huh:

Under contract with Ak Bars Kazan until the end of this season, barring extension.

Burmistrov has stated in interviews that he's--I paraphrase--interested in returning to the NHL.

Cheveldayoff has stated in interviews--I paraphrase--that Burmistrov remains in the Jets' future plans.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Lets not minimize Paul Maurice in all this. He coached a year in the KHL, I seem to recall him benching Malkin? Anyways he has stated that the experience has given him a deeper understanding of the Russian way of hockey. No doubt that Maurice and Burmistrov have at least exchanged pleasantries in the past while.

I think it's a good chance he comes back.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
My guess is that he comes back at the end of the season if the team actually makes it to the playoffs in a similar circumstance to Kulda.

Still think the Jets should have played him.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
My guess is that he comes back at the end of the season if the team actually makes it to the playoffs in a similar circumstance to Kulda.

Apparently this is going to come up every week or so... :)

Burmistrov cannot play for the Winnipeg Jets (or any other NHL club) this season, including the playoffs. He would've had to sign before Monday (December 1) to be eligible for the 2014-15 season.

FYI, Burmi's current stats from the KHL:

GP 33 G 8 A 15 P 23 +7 PIM 32

He's 43rd in KHL scoring. 2nd on Ak-Bars. There's a big log-jam of players with 22-28 points - he's only 5 points out of being in the Top 20 in the KHL.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

That was only an exemption for the lockout year.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Apparently this is going to come up every week or so... :)

Burmistrov cannot play for the Winnipeg Jets (or any other NHL club) this season, including the playoffs. He would've had to sign before Monday (December 1) to be eligible for the 2014-15 season.

FYI, Burmi's current stats from the KHL:

GP 33 G 8 A 15 P 23 +7 PIM 32

He's 43rd in KHL scoring. 2nd on Ak-Bars. There's a big log-jam of players with 22-28 points - he's only 5 points out of being in the Top 20 in the KHL.

If he's doing well there, why would there be speculation he is thinking of returning to the NHL

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
If he's doing well there, why would there be speculation he is thinking of returning to the NHL

Because he said in an interview he was interested in coming back. Can't remember exact wording, maybe someone can find the link kicking around.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Because he said it.

"We have not discussed a new contract with AK Bars," said Burmistrov in an interview with Russian website Championat.com. "I want to try myself across the ocean again, to fulfill my dream and play in the NHL. … Nothing has been defined yet, but I really want to leave because the NHL is my dream."

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

You could read the thread you posted in... ;)

(Basically, he's said recently in interviews that the NHL is 'still his dream', he wants to return, etc--see the first post. Further speculation is based on his troubled relationship with formers Jets coach 'North-South' Noël--who: emphasized dump-and-chase hockey over the possession game that makes better use of Burmistrov's skillset; played the then massively-struggling, now-departed Olli Jokinen over Burmistrov; and has been accused of having poor communication even with players who speak the same language as him--was a contributing factor in his decision to sign in Ak Bars. The speculation is that many of the factors will no longer apply.)

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I was too lazy to read the thread which is why I was asking :laugh: ty people who saved me time

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
That was only an exemption for the lockout year.

Oh ok. i thought it was before the Trade Deadline. Either way...next year we'll have a strong line up.

Ladd - Little - Frolik(hopefully)
Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
Lowry* - Burmistrov - Perrault
Thorburn* - Slater - someone else

Enstrom - Bogo
Morrissey* - Trouba
Stuart - Postma

It is my hope that Byfuglien is traded for some missing bits, and that Morrissey makes the jump to the big leagues. Possibly a deal for a legit LHD, then Stuart could be the extra d man on the roster and morrissey could play bottom pair. Or he goes back to playing D.

Buff could also be in a deal for a serious RW if Frolik leaves, or he could be playing in the fwd lines himself.

With that in mind, it may be possible to move Lowry down to the fourth line, may not be the greatest idea...but its always good to have depth players that can move up and down, but the biggest deal is that we could get rid of thorburn.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I really hope Burmistrov is back next year. But if he wants to play ahead of Lowry at C he's going to have to earn that spot back after forcing Perreault to win first.

The pecking order of C's with Alex back would be

Little
Scheifele
Lowry
Perreault
Burmistrov

At wing, he'll be behind

Wheeler
Ladd
Kane
Byfuglien
Frolik
Lowry/Perreault

In other words, barring a beastly training camp he's starting 4th line C or W.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Personally I think he's (at least now) a much better 3C option than Lowry. But a 4th line with either of them on it would be a nice change of pace from our dismal 4th line. I also think Perreault should be ahead.

But having 3 competent C who can also play wing in the bottom 6 sure would be nice and would allow a ton of flexibility.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Personally I think he's (at least now) a much better 3C option than Lowry. But a 4th line with either of them on it would be a nice change of pace from our dismal 4th line. I also think Perreault should be ahead.

But having 3 competent C who can also play wing in the bottom 6 sure would be nice and would allow a ton of flexibility.

Scheifele is the Jets current 3C. Lowry is the C, who can play wing, in the bottom 6.

I do like the ideal of Burmi in that spot though. Lowry at 4C is some real depth.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
It would really be nice to have Burmi this year. But next year sure looks exciting with the possible return of Burmi, as well as the possible jump of a number of prospects to really add some depth to this team.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
It would really be nice to have Burmi this year. But next year sure looks exciting with the possible return of Burmi, as well as the possible jump of a number of prospects to really add some depth to this team.

The Jets already have a really nice top nine.

The Jets could be in a situation where they have:

LLW
Kane-MP-Buff
Ehlers-Scheif-Frolik
Lowry-Burmi-:rant:Thor:rant:

This would force Petan to earn his chops in the AHL.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
The Jets already have a really nice top nine.

The Jets could be in a situation where they have:

LLW
Kane-MP-Buff
Ehlers-Scheif-Frolik
Lowry-Burmi-:rant:Thor:rant:

This would force Petan to earn his chops in the AHL.

Don't mind the looks of that at all! (Besides the obvious).

Although it wouldn't happen, I like the thought of Petan making the squad and seeing this:

LLW
Kane-MP-Petan
Ehlers-Scheif-Buff
Lowry-Burmi-Frolik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad