Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
That actually sounds awful. My partner and I don't want kids because we're not prepared to deal with sleepless nights, but reading this just adds to that lol.

Get a cat and you'll already be ready. You get used to 4-6 hours a night when you have cats who keep wanting to cuddle and howl with zoomies at 4am lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't know if this guy is just a dullard in interviews but lately I sensed this guys vibes are sort of meh. I'm not sure he loves it here as much as everyone else.
He said some very good things in his last interview when we got chychrun.

He doesn't suck. Dude would get piles of goals playing on a team like Edmonton or Pittsburgh (a younger version of Pittsburgh).

It feels like he's a bit out of place with our system. We're supposed to be big and tough and go go go forecheck, but he's a lay back in the reeds and snipe player.
Is he a snipe player? I think if he gets norris back on his line and is able to feed him he may be the setup guy.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Is he a snipe player? I think if he gets norris back on his line and is able to feed him he may be the setup guy.

Maybe. We didn't get much of a chance to see them gel. Norris isn't Kane by any means, but the kid does have some skill and good vision to move pucks well.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
DeBrincat looks like a guy struggling with confidence and trying too hard to break out trying the perfect shot, sometimes double clutching, sometimes rushing his opportunity.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Get a cat and you'll already be ready. You get used to 4-6 hours a night when you have cats who keep wanting to cuddle and howl with zoomies at 4am lol
I actually trained our cat to stay in his room overnight. Worked like a charm for us

get him a coach
Shooter tutor is more what he needs. Absolute muffin shot

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Even if this is a down year (it almost certainly is), we cant afford to be paying $8.5m for a guy who has this type of down year.

I wouldn't go back and change a thing, but I lean heavily towards trading him in the summer.
It’s not that bad compared to the incredible joy it brings
This is very good advice to people who do want kids, and very bad advice to people who don't ;)

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
giving Bobby Ryan vibes in terms of performing under expectations, very different players stylistically though
Same contract situation too I think - Ottawa then took a long term gamble that Ryan would return to the form they thought they were trading for. Obviously that didn't work out as expected, wonder if they'll be hesitant to make the same potential mistake with DeBrincat.

Reactions: gab6511

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Giroux signed here two weeks after Fiala was traded and signed,

I know. My point is that we don't really need both Giroux and DeBrincat, at the cost of not having enough cap space/salary room to improve the defense and goalie positions.

I think we'd be better of downgrading to a worse but cheaper decent 2nd line forward and allocating some of DeBrincat's extra salary towards a good goalie.

Reactions: DrEasy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I know. My point is that we don't really need both Giroux and DeBrincat, at the cost of not having enough cap space/salary room to improve the defense and goalie positions.

I think we'd be better of downgrading to a worse but cheaper decent 2nd line forward and allocating some of DeBrincat's extra salary towards a good goalie.

What's interesting is, we could likely allocate that money to goaltending and defense and someone notable can sign with us with big money but mainly signing bonuses due to new sale and new ownership.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I think it's a choice between Cat and Batherson on which one stays and goes. DBC has not scored this year as we thought but he is getting chances. Maybe he reclaims that form. Likewise Batherson has played way below expectations but has been poor all over the ice except earlier in the year on the powerplay. Does he return to his early 2021 level?
I'm inclined to gamble on DBC if you can get him for $8m per year and trade Bath.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think it's a choice between Cat and Batherson on which one stays and goes. DBC has not scored this year as we thought but he is getting chances. Maybe he reclaims that form. Likewise Batherson has played way below expectations but has been poor all over the ice except earlier in the year on the powerplay. Does he return to his early 2021 level?
I'm inclined to gamble on DBC if you can get him for $8m per year and trade Bath.

The difference is that Bath has a way better deal signed beyond this year.

I’d rather gamble on the cheaper deal and figure out what to do with Drake when you inch closer to the expiration of his contract.

I wouldn’t give DBC anything over 7.5M

Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
1678733949826.png

take a good look at the +/- and the point total... if say you used a crazy formula like; point total plus +/-

Tim = 71-1 = 70
Claude = 66 + 6 = 72
brady = 66 - 7 = 59
Alex= 55-23 = 32
Drake = 52 - 32 = 20
Thomas = 36 - 13 = 23
Shane = 28-18 = 10
Jake = 25 - 3 = 22

so he and Drake in the same neighborhood they are towered over by Claude... Drake ~ 5 M. Claude ~ 7 M.

it would suggest a 5 year x 6 M.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Might just be the fact that his QO is $9M.

Possibly, but you don't ask for a qualifying offer and no team is going to offer DeBrincat 9M a year.

If he wants to walk himself to UFA and bet on a rebound season he could take his 9M QO, but it's a risky proposition and he'd probably be smarter to take a long-term deal if teams are still willing to give him something around 7.5-8M per.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Very soon we won’t have giroux. And then what? I don’t want to throw cash at a goalie unless it’s saros. And that’s unlikely. A lot is unlikely.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The difference is that Bath has a way better deal signed beyond this year.

I’d rather gamble on the cheaper deal and figure out what to do with Drake when you inch closer to the expiration of his contract.

I wouldn’t give DBC anything over 7.5M
Bath has a better deal but for what he is bringing night in and night out , at both ends of the ice, is very replaceable at $2-$3 million a season cheaper. He has 7 ES goals all year. And he sucks defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad