Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
the correct opinion is to move norris
Is this because of his injuries?

I can understand the hesitation to keep him from that perspective but outside of those concerns he has proven to be a legit #1C who is defensively aware and one of the purest goal scorers in the league.

It would take a lot for me to consider moving him and next season I think he is far more valuable to us than what we would get back for him.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Only way we move Norris is if Pinto establishes himself as one of the best 2 way C's in the league (Which Norris himself can maybe even do himself).

Norris is not and should not be moveable for another 3-4 years.
The Stutzle recency bias is tantalizing…but least year Norris was doing everything, and scoring 35 in 66.

I would still call him the No.1 Center, and really we are set at center for a long time

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
The Stutzle recency bias is tantalizing…but least year Norris was doing everything, and scoring 35 in 66.

I would still call him the No.1 Center, and really we are set at center for a long time

It's not recency bias, it's all about Stützle turning into a bona fide all situations premium #1C. Norris did an amazing job as the #1 but he's not as good as Stützle and there's nothing wrong with saying that.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

Stutzle has reached another level, and it's one that I don't see Norris ever getting to. Going into next season, it has to be Stutzle No. 1, Norris No. 2, and Pinto No. 3.

If Pinto continues to develop into a legitimate No. 2, then I could see Norris being moved down the road.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
What the heck is going on? C depth is incredibly important and we look to have a very good top 3 as early as next year.

Norris doesn't seem to get much respect from our fan base but his goal scoring is elite and his defensive game is above average. He has speed, good in the dot, is deadly on the PP and added PK duties. He is an all around C.

How anyone can be thinking of trading him before we even get to see this team play with him and Stu as 1A and 1B is beyond me.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
What the heck is going on? C depth is incredibly important and we look to have a very good top 3 as early as next year.

Norris doesn't seem to get much respect from our fan base but his goal scoring is elite and his defensive game is above average. He has speed, good in the dot, is deadly on the PP and added PK duties. He is an all around C.

How anyone can be thinking of trading him before we even get to see this team play with him and Stu as 1A and 1B is beyond me.
When there's nothing to talk about in regards to buying any new players, then we like to talk about selling what we have. :D

• Haha
Reactions: OD99

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

We have too many good players now and don't know what to do. Chabot and Norris for picks, woo!

Having a 3 really good centers and 3 really good D is a dream come true. I have no interest considering trading any of them until it's absolutely necessary, and that might never be an issue anyway.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Yep it’s odd, centre depth lets make it weaker, top 4 D finally. Let’s make that weaker.

Reactions: Relapsing

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Norris is a better two way player than Stu, and has a much better one timer. Stu is a much more dynamic player with the puck, and is more offensive threat with his skating and puck handling.

A true two headed dragon in the making in the top six.

Like I posted about our D, these two are different players, but both add a ton to the line up down the middle, think Forsberg and Sakic, though obviously not to that level. We need that high level of play from our top two pivots, and we have the spread of wingers to really maximize their different styles of play.

Reactions: OD99 and NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Stutzle has reached another level, and it's one that I don't see Norris ever getting to. Going into next season, it has to be Stutzle No. 1, Norris No. 2, and Pinto No. 3.

If Pinto continues to develop into a legitimate No. 2, then I could see Norris being moved down the road.
I suspect if Pinto gets to #2 level C, then a winger may get traded (e.g., Debrincat, Batherson) before Norris.

Reactions: OD99

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Tough to say Norris wouldn’t have this year with this lineup. 35 in 66 on a shittier team. I think people are forgetting how good he is because he is “out of sight, out of mind “ type of thing. Moving Norris is completely outrageous to even consider. Especially at his bargain contract

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Anyways got sidetracked by the Norris talk, but to put this back on the rails…DeBrincat is completely checked out tonight. Terrible gaffes, but more importantly, a terrible effort, which i rarely question

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
I don’t think you sign the guy if he’s asking for 8million or more. He doesn’t seem like a fit and not a line driver

Reactions: SquidNasty

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Not sure how well 30 year olds recover from ACL tears in the NHL but if no one wants to sign him, I'd take a flyer on him for 2M x 1 year show me to give him the opportunity to get his bag elsewhere after again.

Trade DBC for another top 4 D as has been suggested.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Stuzle - Giroux
Joseph - Pinto - Brown

Chabot - Zub
Chychrun - 4D
Sanderson

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
His trade value is getting worse every game at this point. Not good.
Who knows, maybe Dorion will throw DJ under the bus and blame it on him.

His shot is average. Of his 21 goals, I think maybe 5 are what I consider DBC shots. The last one being the PP goal against Detroit. Instead we get a lot of missed nets, middle of the nets. Flubbers. Heeled shots. Missed open nets. For a guy who works on his shot, it seems every second shot the guy is fighting his confidence.

He openly admitted in November that he is costing them games. And mentally he has never recovered from the expectation of being traded because he is a goal scorer.

This team in general, are not coping well with the pressure of this playoff push. They are showing their youth

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
This team in general, are not coping well with the pressure of this playoff push. They are showing their youth
And that's why this year was always going to be an important learning year for this team. And learning they are - how easy it is to lose; what it takes to win; what it takes to be consistently better than other teams; how to manage their expectations; how to mentally prep for games.

With learning comes growing pains, and I have to believe that's what we're ultimately seeing here. A young team, learning what it takes to win, and not always applying it consistently.

Whether we make it or not to the post season this year is not really the important thing here. What is, is how they apply these lessons as individuals and as a team from puck drop next year.

Reactions: coladin

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like Cat, but outside of scoring goals, he really doesn't do a whole lot out there. He's a luxury for this team. One we can't afford if he asks for anything over $6 mil a year.

Reactions: Alex1234

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
And that's why this year was always going to be an important learning year for this team. And learning they are - how easy it is to lose; what it takes to win; what it takes to be consistently better than other teams; how to manage their expectations; how to mentally prep for games.

With learning comes growing pains, and I have to believe that's what we're ultimately seeing here. A young team, learning what it takes to win, and not always applying it consistently.

Whether we make it or not to the post season this year is not really the important thing here. What is, is how they apply these lessons as individuals and as a team from puck drop next year.
Completely agree. This is why , in October, I tempered expectations. Will they be crushed under all the expectations of the Summer of Pierre? I think we have our answer. And I am completely fine with it.

I just wanted a significant step. Mission accomplished for me

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
As bad as he is, not a penny more than 7.5.

Or trade him for another RD in the off season , and get Connor Brown back here for the bottom 6

His trade value is getting worse every game at this point. Not good.
Yes, Debrincat isn't making a strong case for a big salary on his next contract. His play this year is more in line with a sub $8 m contract. It would be hard to even give him the same salary as Norris at this point.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
He is a 40 goal scorer with a prime franchise player in Patrick Kane.

Maybe he can be one again with Stützle. It’s clear he isn’t the play driver tho, and he shouldn’t get paid like one.

8.5m is the MAX he should be offered and he should know damn well no other team will offer him that with this cap climate.

Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Completely agree. This is why , in October, I tempered expectations. Will they be crushed under all the expectations of the Summer of Pierre? I think we have our answer. And I am completely fine with it.

I just wanted a significant step. Mission accomplished for me
We absolutely have our answer. Big gains over last year. Meaningful games down the stretch, and, frustrating losses and individual performances aside, a torrent pace over the last 20 games, ~.700.

Future is really bright.

Of course, with that, comes high fan expectations, magnifying lenses on individuals, and ultimately frustration when the team falters.

Easy to be optimistic if taking a long view. Easy to be frustrated game to game when the team sucks ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad