Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Detroit can afford to bring him home. Hometown guy that signs long term could help them our in a variety of ways. Hoping that doesn't happen though, if Cat doesn't stick around, I hope he's not moved to a division rival

Would Cat really wanna go to Detroit when he just was a part of whooping their ass in embarrassing fashion?

I wouldn't consider them playoff contenders.

I have a feeling he wants to be on a competitive team. I think he takes a small pay cut and stays with the Sens, but we'll see.

Reactions: bicboi64

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
I don't know if this guy is just a dullard in interviews but lately I sensed this guys vibes are sort of meh. I'm not sure he loves it here as much as everyone else.

Reactions: SquidNasty

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't know if this guy is just a dullard in interviews but lately I sensed this guys vibes are sort of meh. I'm not sure he loves it here as much as everyone else.
I think it's definitely the former. Some people are just camera shy.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
I’ve had the same opinion for a while as well. They ask him about the Chychrun trade and he says “yea we’re really building something special here” which is a pretty generic hockey player answer. For some reason everyone was acting like that quote means he loves it here and wants to stay long term but it’s pretty cliché stuff.

I’d be fine with a 3 year deal in the 7.75-8 range. He hits FA at a reasonable age to secure his bag and gets paid a reasonable amount during his time here.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He isnr an 8 million dollar player to me. They'll need the money for Sanderson, Chychrun, Pinto and potentially a goalie. I'd trade him in the offseason. I know it's an unpopular thing to say but there is a better way for this team to spend it's dollars.
I would say the overall difference (offence and defence) between him and Connor brown for example isn’t so large.
So I agree not an 8 mil player. 7.5 max. Which isn’t saying he’s a bad player. He’s pretty damn good so he’s worth up to 7.5 which is a good chunk O change.
Not sure we should even be paying him that.
With Norris back I might look for a different type of player. Depends what the options are.

Reactions: bert

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He isnr an 8 million dollar player to me. They'll need the money for Sanderson, Chychrun, Pinto and potentially a goalie. I'd trade him in the offseason. I know it's an unpopular thing to say but there is a better way for this team to spend it's dollars.

Not to mention:

1) Not fitting in with the stronger makeup of this team.
2) Already having a sub-involved Batherson in the top 6. Can't afford to have both.

The only argument for keeping DeBrincat are:

1) He is having a down year from what we can typically expect of him (20 goals more) and can come cheap.
2) When Giroux slows down in a couple years, DeBrincat will fill in that void.

Wingers have been available in bunches, I wouldn't worry. I'd reallocate DeBrincat's money to the defense and goaltending as you've said. Plus depth. Norris coming back will replace the top 6 production.

Reactions: bert

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Missed an open net on the PP. Then people wonder why we couldn’t win in November.

He is not dynamic, at all. Telegraphed a backhand, no look beauty to two Kraken players in the slot. What is that lol

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Missed an open net on the PP. Then people wonder why we couldn’t win in November.

He is not dynamic, at all. Telegraphed a backhand, no look beauty to two Kraken players in the slot. What is that lol
So was the rest of his career a fluke? Lol don't kid yourself

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
I like Cat. I want him on the team moving forward.
At what cost though? 8x8 max?

I think he will have a bounce back season next year if he is still with us. All things considered, his numbers are still not bad this season. He also has to play with Pinto as his C the whole season. Pinto is great but not good enough to be a 2C yet. That being said 8x8 should be the max offer from us.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
So was the rest of his career a fluke? Lol don't kid yourself
He's a nice player but I wouldn't pay him more than Stutzle.
This 100%. Ideal AAV for Cat is between Tkachuk and Stützle. However if push comes to shove, its not worth fighting over a couple hundred thousand $ on a player of Cat’s calibre. Would much rather keep him than trade, but do think his QO amount long-term is too rich.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
At what cost though? 8x8 max?

I think he will have a bounce back season next year if he is still with us. All things considered, his numbers are still not bad this season. He also has to play with Pinto as his C the whole season. Pinto is great but not good enough to be a 2C yet. That being said 8x8 should be the max offer from us.
He's second in rookie goals and the other winger is a PPG player or close to it. His linemates arent an excuse. 8 Million dollar players should be driving a line. You arent getting two elite players on your line when you make that much money. Typically its 1 and 1.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
+ Fabbro. It's a no brainer. 8 million of DeBrincat out. Saros + another solid defender in. That's how we were always going to win in a prolific scoring East: our forward strength + defense/goaltending.
Does Nashville do this though? DeBrincat would need to come with a reasonable long term deal and at that point I'd rather keep him.

If we can lock him up for $7.5mm I think it's a slam dunk. Totally agree with everyone that he is not an $8mm player on this team.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
I anticipate a mind blowing contract done by yours truly GM Pierre Dorion.
We will all be "ohhhhh, ahhhhh, how did he get DeBrincat to accept that offer, that's a great deal?!".
And then it will be all over TSN and Bruce will wear his special bow tie and he will smile like Lindsay Hamilton just gave him a lap dance.
And we will all be "ohhhhh, ahhhhh, I wish I were in Bruce's shoes, did she really give him a lap dance?".
But we will never know any of those answers, will we?
It's a magic of Pierre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad