Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He’s been good in almost every game he’s played but the goals are finally starting to pour in and you just love to see it.

He should be part of the core without question. Giroux won’t be here forever and Cat should take his spot as our #2/3 winger.

What a pleasant surprise his all around game has been.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Given the Sens are my second favourite team I am doubly pleased that he is contributing in such a big way.
Personally I felt with the trade that Cat would be coming to a team that better reflected who and where he was as a player. A team where his effect could actually help catapult said team to the playoffs and further.
The Hawks are indeed in a full on rebuild. Do you keep Debrincat and finish 5 spots or so higher for the next few years? Especially given the '23 and '24 drafts are so good?
I do hope AD is able to sign with you guys and enjoy the prime of his career within a winning environment!

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The hook is the easy path to UFA and the hawks got 7th overall on top of additional picks for him. Sens need to sign him or get similar value back from him in order to win the trade .

I mean your right. Technically.

But I just find it hard to understand that the Hawks drafted him, developed him and saw what he was a star player - and chose to move him for the 7th OV pick in a weak draft.

He was the right age to be considered a player you just dont trade period unless someone blows your socks off. He was even down for the long term rebuild in Chicago lol.

For the hawks it's just a trade you have so, so little of a chance to recoup the value you traded out. It's the kind of trade you make when someone wants out or you don't like the player.
He (Pain) is right. The "Debrincat re-signs" and the "Debrincat does not re-sign" outcomes are very different.

And, when you trade a 7th overall and get a player like Korchinski, it takes time for the other side of the trade to manifest itself. With Debrincat, the benefits are felt quickly. Whereas, with the 7th overall/Korchinski scenario, it will take time to unfold, so hard to make any judgement short term.

Edited resign to re-sign.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Still...Chicago finishing dead last only guarantees them third spot or better. And so far, only one kid of the top 3 isn't a question mark. Not sure I'd throw away a star first line player for those odds.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He (Pain) is right. The "Debrincat resigns" and the "Debrincat does not resign" outcomes are very different.

And, when you trade a 7th overall and get a player like Korchinski, it takes time for the other side of the trade to manifest itself. With Debrincat, the benefits are felt quickly. Whereas, with the 7th overall/Korchinski scenario, it will take time to unfold so hard to make any judgement short term.
Re-signs not resign.
Resign is quitting.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Still...Chicago finishing dead last only guarantees them third spot or better. And so far, only one kid of the top 3 isn't a question mark. Not sure I'd throw away a star first line player for those odds.
It is depressing in the short term losing Debrincat and Hagel and others for picks but under Bowman we were used to losing all our young studs due to bad cap management. I am looking forward to seeing the likes of Korchinski and Nazar but it will be a rough ride until these guys hit the big show.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I really want Kevin Hayes on this team. I hope Brady has put the bug in both management’s and Kevin’s ears.

It is depressing in the short term losing Debrincat and Hagel and others for picks but under Bowman we were used to losing all our young studs due to bad cap management. I am looking forward to seeing the likes of Korchinski and Nazar but it will be a rough ride until these guys hit the big show.

Chicago’s rebuild will go quick. They’ll get significant returns at the deadline this year for Kane, Toews, Domi and others. Props should be given to Davidson for pivoting to a rebuild so quickly.

Personally, I think Dorion sympathizes with Kyle, they both risked the seeming stable future on a big trade and it blew up in both their faces. I honestly think that’s how their dinner conversation started and it ended up with DeBrincat being tabled for 7 to get Korchinski.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Its seriously baffling the Hawks let this guy go for what they did - at ADB's age it just simply does not make any sense to me. There is just nothing wrong with his game, he's very good at everything. He's always working and trying. And seems like a great dude off the ice too.

You don't let these kind of guys go if they want to play for you. Bottom line. So what in the actual f*** is the "hook" you sneaky Hawks???
I have it on good authority (Davidson grew up here) that the deal was only going to happen if Chicago got a 1st rounder and that Ottawa was the only team that offered a 1st rounder. Also the Hawks are VERY high on Korchinski (MacIver loves him). So at this point, looks like everybody wins. Debrincat would likely still be a Hawk if not for Pierre.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I have it on good authority (Davidson grew up here) that the deal was only going to happen if Chicago got a 1st rounder and that Ottawa was the only team that offered a 1st rounder. Also the Hawks are VERY high on Korchinski (MacIver loves him). So at this point, looks like everybody wins. Debrincat would likely still be a Hawk if not for Pierre.
I find it extremely hard to believe that Ottawa was the only team offering a 1st for Debrincat?!
Must have been the highest 1st.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I find it very odd that on the very same day Mendes releases an article talking with debrincat and how he’s adjusting to Canada, Boo Boo Garrioch “releases” info that there is no extension being discussed and he wants to wait.

I think Garrioch at this point is just desperately trying to incite engagement.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I find it very odd that on the very same day Mendes releases an article talking with debrincat and how he’s adjusting to Canada, Boo Boo Garrioch “releases” info that there is no extension being discussed and he wants to wait.

Well, I just read the Mendes article. Haven't read the Garrioch article.

But DeBrincat in the Mendes article is quoted as saying nothing has changed from the beginning of the year, taking it day by day.

The Mendes article left me neither positive nor negative on DeBrincat re-signing here

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Not only that, the day before at the intermission question period. He said Sens talking about an extension. Remember what he said about Zub. He was sign the day after lol

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Mendes writes articles with substance, Garrioch throws clickbait at the wall and always has. Difference between journalism and sensationalism.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Michkov is a star, whoever has 2nd doesnt pick him #3 is going to be ecstatic.

Its pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad