Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We should be starting to think really hard about trading ADC. He is simply not stirring the drink and he stands out to me as the player that is having the most difficulty adjusting.

This was the season for us to show signs that it would all be worth it to lose him for nothing after an all in cup run in 2024. That isn't happening so reshuffle the deck. Look for the right trade and make it between now and the TDL.

I wouldn't consider it a failure because we can still parlay him into a solid contributor for the upcoming window of competitiveness, the same can't be said of the 7th OA pick.
I think we should see how he fares with someone who knows how to coach a proper powerplay first. I think a two-time 40 goal scorer should be given more priority.

Reactions: HSF and Senscore

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I think we should see how he fares with someone who knows how to coach a proper powerplay first. I think a two-time 40 goal scorer should be given more priority.
It's less about that more about the fact that he is the most logical blue chip asset that we could part with if we are to address a much larger concern, defence. You also need to consider that our D is beyond effed if Zub doesn't resign.

To me the ADC trade was always about year 1. If we look like we are really trending up, you accept that you'll lose him for nothing in exchange for a run in 23-24. If not, you prolong the return on the '22 7th overall by trying again with a different formula.

ADC for Durzi and LA's 1st in 2023.

Reactions: bicboi64

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
It's less about that more about the fact that he is the most logical blue chip asset that we could part with if we are to address a much larger concern, defence. You also need to consider that our D is beyond effed if Zub doesn't resign.

To me the ADC trade was always about year 1. If we look like we are really trending up, you accept that you'll lose him for nothing in exchange for a run in 23-24. If not, you prolong the return on the '22 7th overall by trying again with a different formula.

The smart move imo is to trade him sooner rather than later. This team is big on sunk cost fallacy though so I don't expect it to happen.

How much are we going to get in the offseason or at next year's trade deadline for a 25 goal scorer making $9mm on the last year of his contract? That's a real possibility to consider at this point.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We should be starting to think really hard about trading ADC. He is simply not stirring the drink and he stands out to me as the player that is having the most difficulty adjusting.

This was the season for us to show signs that it would all be worth it to lose him for nothing after an all in cup run in 2024. That isn't happening so reshuffle the deck. Look for the right trade and make it between now and the TDL.

I wouldn't consider it a failure because we can still parlay him into a solid contributor for the upcoming window of competitiveness, the same can't be said of the 7th OA pick.
Also adjusting to DJs style. Which is all behind the opponent goal line. He coaches the whole team like they’re Brady. They’re not.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
and an actual top 6 center....

Pinto looks lost in the top 6

you don't need to give up a huge asset like DBC to get a defensemen. You just need a competent GM.

Marino went for Ty Smith.....

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
If he doesn't want to re-sign
Would love to get someone like Seider for DBC ++

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
you don't need to give up a huge asset like DBC to get a defensemen. You just need a competent GM.

Marino went for Ty Smith.....
So that begs the question of what you plan on giving up the huge asset for? Because he will, and should be given up, at some point if we are not contenders.

My vote goes to our most pressing need.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So that begs the question of what you plan on giving up the huge asset for? Because he will, and should be given up, at some point if we are not contenders.

My vote goes to our most pressing need.
sign him

why would you give him up. I would trade Greig in a heartbeat for a legit defensemen

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
sign him

why would you give him up. I would trade Greig in a heartbeat for a legit defensemen
If we are talking about a potential Chychrun trade, you have to think there's some reason that a deal wasn't done by Ottawa this summer (or any other team over the last year). I'd guess that Arizona wanted more than Grieg and our 2023 1st. By more, I'm not referring to adding another piece or assets. I'm referring to they wanted either Pinto or Sanderson as one of the main pieces along with our 2023 1st (plus whatever else). There's got to be a reason for it not happening just like there's a reason for everything that happens. That's my hunch (logic).

Reactions: NB613

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Moritz Seider? Id like Mcdavid while were at it.
Trying to find someone that would make an impact and since ADBC is from Detroit but I know Im dreaming with Seider that's why I wrote someone like and DBC ++
Were not going from 30th (yes 30th again) in the league to top 10 with the likes of Chychrun, Marino, Severson
Thats what I meant we need some serious serious upgrade

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
You just know that if we traded DeBrincat for a great D man we'd be better defensively, but then we'd have problems scoring.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Were not going from 30th (yes 30th again) in the league to top 10 with the likes of Chychrun, Marino, Severson
If those players aren't it, then what are the players that are realistically available that we could get? I mean are the Avs trading Makar, or are Hedman or Heiskanen available?

To get better players than those you listed you pretty well have to draft them e.g., Sanderson. And then people will be complaining that the rebuild is taking too long.

Complaining is easy, but doing something that is realistic that will really improve the situation is much harder.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
If those players aren't it, then what are the players that are realistically available that we could get? I mean are the Avs trading Makar, or are Hedman or Heiskanen available?

To get better players than those you listed you pretty well have to draft them e.g., Sanderson. And then people will be complaining that the rebuild is taking too long.

Complaining is easy, but doing something that is realistic that will really improve the situation is much harder.
I understand that
I don't know the solution
But we are so far away from PO that I know

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
DJ, Jack and Davis will go over his wrist shot and slapper technique. That's coaching for ya!

You just know that if we traded DeBrincat for a great D man we'd be better defensively, but then we'd have problems scoring.
We still have problems scoring

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ya, DJ has been playing him on both units the last week to 10 days.
Averaging 4:39 of PP time per game.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I understand that
I don't know the solution
But we are so far away from PO that I know
Re: bolded

Yes, that's very likely true. And Debrincat is one of the pieces that we could realistically move that other teams would see value in and could have some interest in. So, your idea about him is a trade piece has merit. I guess our 2023 1st is another asset that teams would covet in a trade.

But, it all boils down to losing something to get something if we are being realistic.

Maybe its a question of expectations? It's possible that it will just take longer. Enthusiasm was sky high after the summer we had, and that is understandable given our history over the last several years. But, I think it's becoming apparent that being a legitimate playoff team would take more than adding a couple of good forwards. Things aren't static. Other teams have been improving as well and have been adding pieces. Its a tough league and the competition is fierce. The Eastern Conference is no cake walk.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Re" bolded

Yes, that's very likely true. And Debrincat is one of the pieces that we could realistically move that other teams would see value in and could have some interest in. I guess our 2023 1st is another asset that teams would covet in a trade.

But, it all boils down to losing something to get something if we are being realistic.

Maybe its a question of expectations? It's possible that it will just take longer. Enthusiasm was sky high after the summer we had, and that is understandable given our history over the last several years. But, I think it's becoming apparent that being a legitimate playoff team would take more than adding a couple of good forwards. Things aren't static. Other teams have been improving as well and have been adding pieces. Its a tough league and the competition is fierce. The Eastern Conference is no cake walk.
Yes, our first pairing D is out , and first line centre, and we just got a goalie back, injuries are hurting this team again, and the injuries aren’t at the bottom of the lineup, they’re at the top.

Making a deal from a position of weakness, also usually means teams are trying to fleece you.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Yes, our first pairing D is out , and first line centre, and we just got a goalie back, injuries are hurting this team again, and the injuries aren’t at the bottom of the lineup, they’re at the top.

Making a deal from a position of weakness, also usually means teams are trying to fleece you.
Oh, I agree that injuries have hit us and are another reason. I still think it goes beyond injuries though. Our defense is suspect.

And, ya I agree right now we are not in a strong position to make a trade and that other GMs are going to leverage the situation to their advantage and to our dismay.

I guess the other thing is I like the idea of being competitive for a period of time or within a window of time that aligns to our young core and their prime years. Pushing the chips in an all-in mode and going for it has its risks. Its hard to hit success with just one shot or stab at it and things like injuries can always happen and derail that tactic. I think making the team more attractive for a sale had a lot to do with what happened in the off season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Trying to find someone that would make an impact and since ADBC is from Detroit but I know Im dreaming with Seider that's why I wrote someone like and DBC ++
Those don’t exist

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad