Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Him and Giroux is still a bit underwhelming when you watch the actual game (and not just the scorecard)

How ever, I am expecting that line to pick up their play with Brassard and/or Pinto playing with them

I feel the opposite. Just realizing we went out and got a second line this summer (Cat + G) makes me so happy as a fan. Box score tells a story and that is these guys are producing to the standards of their role. Debrincat was all over the play last night could have got 2 goals with some luck. Giroux is here to be a 50-60pt winger who takes faceoffs and he is looking like he will accomplish that in the early goings here.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I feel the opposite. Just realizing we went out and got a second line this summer (Cat + G) makes me so happy as a fan. Box score tells a story and that is these guys are producing to the standards of their role. Debrincat was all over the play last night could have got 2 goals with some luck. Giroux is here to be a 50-60pt winger who takes faceoffs and he is looking like he will accomplish that in the early goings here.

I agree, that line did looked a lot better, last night if you compare to the first 3-4 games of the season.

But you have to agree that our 2nd line has been the weakest out of our top 3 lines

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I agree, that line did looked a lot better, last night if you compare to the first 3-4 games of the season.

But you have to agree that our 2nd line has been the weakest out of our top 3 lines

It has but that doesn't mean it looked bad. Its part of the reason the sens are a matchup nightmare right now. The second line gives the third line easier competition.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
The goals aren't happening, but the chances certainly are.

I've been impressed with his overall game. The Cat generates lots of chances for the team with his speed, passing and vision.

I thought he was more of a sniper and that's it. He's really good all around.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Guess I'm the only one that's been underwhelmed by him. I know he's kinda snake bitten, but he also doesn't look like the star he was supposed to be IMO. Certainly not a 9.000 player thus far.

• Haha
Reactions: NB613 and Puikiou

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
He's been snake bitten with all those high danger chances. Our C has not been exactly making any nice passes to him as well on 5v5. He should be fine. I am more impressed that he is still ppg without scoring goals.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Great player - not worth 9m+. From the incredibly, incredibly limited sample size thus far, I would say he is our 3rd or 4th best player. I have Drake/Brady firmly in the first 2 spots then Stu/Debrincat/Giroux up next.
If debrincats shooting average was anywhere near his career average he’s likely at the top or very close to the top of league point leaders.

And if DJ didn’t get the jitters on the last day of camp he would be gelling and helping stutzle play better.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Very curious to see how he plays with Pinto
Me too.

I think the subtle difference of Pinto being a righty could have an impact. It can make a difference over a full game as far as getting him the puck in good spots - it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see the goal pace pick up for the Cat shortly.

Pinto should benefit from G teeing him up in good spots as well. Very interested to see if that line can gel.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If debrincats shooting average was anywhere near his career average he’s likely at the top or very close to the top of league point leaders.

And if DJ didn’t get the jitters on the last day of camp he would be gelling and helping stutzle play better.

To be fair though he's racked up a number of invisible assists in which he contributed little to the goal.

Honestly his goals and assists are the opposite of what they should be. Should have 6 goals and 2 assists and not 6 assists and 2 goals.

He's had a ton of good quality chances that he hasn't finished but hasn't been setting up as many plays as I had hoped thus far.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
To be fair though he's racked up a number of invisible assists in which he contributed little to the goal.

Honestly his goals and assists are the opposite of what they should be. Should have 6 goals and 2 assists and not 6 assists and 2 goals.

He's had a ton of good quality chances that he hasn't finished but hasn't been setting up as many plays as I had hoped thus far.
I think he’s set up a bunch of nice plays that haven’t been finished

Reactions: NB613 and bert

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Not really sure his abilities are being utilized as well as they can under DJ’s powerplay.

Seems like tonight he just kind of sat there while Stü, Brady and Bath made plays on the left side.

Not sure why they abandoned the cross seam pass but it also just feels like we havent gotten a lot of pp time since Norris went down.

Reactions: Alex1234

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I want to see him with Stützle. Pinto can play with Tkachuk and Batherson, it makes the match-ups a little more even especially on the road where we can’t seem to win.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
No complaints here, if he still ends up as a PPG player, but doesn't price himself to $9 million because he ain't a 40g guy, that's fine, as long as he's PPG of ocurse

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
No complaints here, if he still ends up as a PPG player, but doesn't price himself to $9 million because he ain't a 40g guy, that's fine, as long as he's PPG of ocurse
We gave guys who have 4 RFA years left 8+ mil/year cap hits. With that precedent he is without a doubt a 9 mil/year guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad