Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Needs a more prominent spot on the PP, I don't know how much having Brassard as his centre will help either.
I think he takes Norris’ spot assuming he’s out. And if that’s the case, I don’t think we’ll see the two units splitting time as evenly as we have.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
PP 1
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Chabot - DeBrincat

PP2
Motte - Brassard - Giroux
Sanderson - Pinto

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
He's good, but is he "biggest contract in team history" good? Don't see it.

He's not a line driver, more of a complementary piece. A very, VERY good one, but still a complementary piece.

8M x 7/8 years like the rest of the core should be the max offer.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

He's not a line driver, more of a complementary piece. A very, VERY good one, but still a complementary piece.

Yup he does not look like a 40 goal scorer

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

If we based his contract on these 6 games I would tend to agree...

But the signs are all there and elite goal scorers can heat up at any point in time. I would be more than willing to give him the big contract if he can finish the year north of 35+ goals and keeps playing as hard as he does.

Reactions: JimmySpaetzle

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
6+ minutes of PP time, really hope he gets going. I love that our depth is stepping up, but if we're trying to be a playoff team, Cat has to be sniping em

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He is saving them for when we really need them...great team guy.

He is involved and his total game shows - he back checks, finishes checks when he should and he buzzes on the forecheck.

He is a PPG player and not really looking amazing yet which is a positive to me.

If it means we can sign him long term to 8ish then that is a huge win IMO.

Will help offset the big paydays to Sandy and Pinto!

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

You can't compare his situation to the rest. You're buying one RFA year from him while they bought four RFA years from Stutzle, Tkachuk, and Norris. There's a big difference there and every GM and agent knows that. Not to mention the cap will be higher when they negotiate.

He's not getting less than 9, and I'm fine with that considering the rest of the core is already locked up for what looks to be bargains. Pinto will probably be bridged.

Last edited:

boxbox

Sep 8, 2022
20g and 40a or 40g and 20a ? does it really matter ? assists lead to goals and goals result in assists its a two way street. As long as he is instrumental in the offense being productive he gets a thumbs up from me. All goal scorers are streaky and he doesn't exactly have Kane as his line-mate anymore. There is only a handful of players in the league that draw the type of attention to them and create space for others like Kane does. Its unfair to him to assume he would put up similar goal totals especially in his first year with Ottawa. He is dangerous tho and its reasonable to assume he will get better as he gets more comfortable; on a side note its hard not to notice the guys are having fun out there and that its a good group

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Debrincat missing Patrick Kane - I didn’t think he’d score a ton this season but good player, gets points even when he looks like he’s on the outside

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Debrincat missing Patrick Kane - I didn’t think he’d score a ton this season but good player, gets points even when he looks like he’s on the outside
Debrincat on pace for career high in shots and points. Nearly 400 shot pace. Patrick Kane misses Debrincat.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Tuna99

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
He looks good. Better than Brady? I would say no. If he sticks around long-term, hopefully it's in the 8m per range.
Brady was 2nd contract. Debrincat is 3rd contract. They're not comparable.

Debrincat is shining example of why Dorion, Adams, and Armstrong have moved on from the Meier, Debrincat, M. Tkachuck, Matthews, Pettersson etc Model and 'overpaid" for their players' early 20's to go 8 years on the second contract.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Debrincat on pace for career high in shots and points. Nearly 400 shot pace. Patrick Kane misses Debrincat.

Once Debrincats shooting percentage gets to around 10% the goals will start going in.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
6+ minutes of PP time, really hope he gets going. I love that our depth is stepping up, but if we're trying to be a playoff team, Cat has to be sniping em
He was really good last night. He was going. The two games Brassard has been his center have been his best as a Sen. Just snake bitten. Created alot last night Wedgewood had his number.

It turns out folks that hockey players are in fact human. Changing teams/organizations/linemates/systems takes time. Its the first time in his career.

Saying 'he doesn't look like a 40 goal scorer' when he has scored that many goals or over that pace in 3 of his last 4 seasons speaks volumes to how little you've watched him. Deciding what a player is after 6 games when he has a 200 game sample size that says otherwise is probably not going to look great in retrospect.

Alot of complaining around here when the team is red hot. They've been horrible for 5 years. I don't get it.

Reactions: Masked

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
He was really good last night. He was going. The two games Brassard has been his center have been his best as a Sen. Just snake bitten. Created alot last night Wedgewood had his number.

It turns out folks that hockey players are in fact human. Changing teams/organizations/linemates/systems takes time. Its the first time in his career.

Saying 'he doesn't look like a 40 goal scorer' when he has scored that many goals or over that pace in 3 of his last 4 seasons speaks volumes to how little you've watched him. Deciding what a player is after 6 games when he has a 200 game sample size that says otherwise is probably not going to look great in retrospect.

Alot of complaining around here when the team is red hot. They've been horrible for 5 years. I don't get it.

Yeah way too limited a sample size, especially for new team and line mates. 1 goal and 6 pts so far; exactly the same as last season’s Rocket Richard winner lol. I’m confident he’ll start heating up soon.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I don’t get this at all. I think he’s our best forward. Could easily have 3 more goals this year. Not to mention the chances he’s created for his teammates that they simply haven’t finished. With a bit of puck luck he could be leading this team in points.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The man is on a PPG pace and people are saying he’s not good because they probably don’t watch games and just see the 1G on the stat line LOL
I've watched every minute of every game. Debrincat has been good, but I must admit, I'd like to see him getting more goals. They've only played 6 games, so I'm not worried about it ..... at all. But, I just think it's natural to want the big off season addition to light it up.

The most productive goal scorers have been Brady, Bath & Pinto. I had a feeling that one of three would have to score last night in the 3rd period to help solidify the win for us. We have been leaning on them pretty heavily in that department. That just seems to be the way this season has been so far.

Reactions: JimmySpaetzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad