Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've watched every minute of every game. Debrincat has been good, but I must admit, I'd like to see him getting more goals. They've only played 6 games, so I'm not worried about it ..... at all. But, I just think it's natural to want the big off season addition to light it up.

The most productive goal scorers have been Brady, Bath & Pinto. I had a feeling that one of three would have to score last night in the 3rd period to help solidify the win for us. We have been leaning on them pretty heavily in that department. That just seems to be the way this season has been so far.
His goals/60 is a little less than a third of what it was in Chicago but his xG/60 is actually up about 20-30%.

The chances have been there, he could have 3 or 4 more goals with a bit of puck luck.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Great player - not worth 9m+. From the incredibly, incredibly limited sample size thus far, I would say he is our 3rd or 4th best player. I have Drake/Brady firmly in the first 2 spots then Stu/Debrincat/Giroux up next.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
His goals/60 is a little less than a third of what it was in Chicago but his xG/60 is actually up about 20-30%.

The chances have been there, he could have 3 or 4 more goals with a bit of puck luck.
Oh, for sure. He's been getting his chances. The goals are going to come.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Brady was 2nd contract. Debrincat is 3rd contract. They're not comparable.

Debrincat is shining example of why Dorion, Adams, and Armstrong have moved on from the Meier, Debrincat, M. Tkachuck, Matthews, Pettersson etc Model and 'overpaid" for their players' early 20's to go 8 years on the second contract.
Certainly a different scenario contract wise. I think having Brady set the bar as an internal salary structure helps though.

Too early to say where Cat will slot in salary wise in comparison to the rest of the young Sens stars.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
I've watched every minute of every game. Debrincat has been good, but I must admit, I'd like to see him getting more goals. They've only played 6 games, so I'm not worried about it ..... at all. But, I just think it's natural to want the big off season addition to light it up.

The most productive goal scorers have been Brady, Bath & Pinto. I had a feeling that one of three would have to score last night in the 3rd period to help solidify the win for us. We have been leaning on them pretty heavily in that department. That just seems to be the way this season has been so far.
Oh I agree, I’d like to see him scoring more too. But he’s getting quality chances so im not concerned about it. He’s just squeezing the stick a bit right now, it’ll come

Reactions: Big Muddy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Oh I agree, I’d like to see him scoring more too. But he’s getting quality chances so im not concerned about it. He’s just squeezing the stick a bit right now, it’ll come
Oh, for sure. The goals will come. Won't be surprised if they come in bunches when they do.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Totally different player than Brady. Very complimentary to each other.

Having them on different lines makes a big difference in terms of other teams matching up versus last year when they'd have to choose between putting their top pairing out against Brady's line or lines with players like Zach Sanford, Tyler Ennis, or Adam Gaudette.

Assen na yo!

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
incredibly worried about alex debrincat's start to the season here in ottawa..

only generating +7% xGF(rel to league avg) when he's on the ice, the third most ixG on the sens and the fifth highest CF% while shooting 5x lower than his career average. incredibly worrying stuff here, folks

• Haha
Reactions: Senscore and Boud

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Is anyone really worried?

The people worried about people commenting on their impressions of him seem to be the more frantic.

He is fine, people ranking him 3rd or 4th best player so far are fine. Human nature is to not be content so of course we still want to see improvement.

Just imagine when he does start scoring...and if Norris gets back and does the same. We our putting in lots of pucks without our expected top 2 goal scorers contributing...it will be even more glorious.

Add in Sanderson and maybe Brann adding some goal support from the backend and you can see there is room for improvement.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The nice thing about depth is that the entirety of our talent doesn't always has to score for us in order to win hockey games.

I've seen enough to see that he will make some big noise this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayItAgain

h2

Mar 26, 2002

only generating +7% xGF(rel to league avg) when he's on the ice, the third most ixG on the sens and the fifth highest CF% while shooting 5x lower than his career average. incredibly worrying stuff here, folks

You're overreacting. Relax.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
You're overreacting. Relax.
slapped-abused.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

:laugh:

He leads our team in shots. He is 11th in the entire league. He's been a hell of a playmaker for us. He's been a battler everywhere and 2 way while also PPG.

He keeps this up and he is still cruising to 35 goals with his release. Cruising. He's never been this high in shots, and his lowest ever shooting% in the league was 8% he is currently at 3%.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

The people quoting this post not realizing the sarcasm is incredibly embarrassing.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I think he's fine. He's on a new team, new system, new linemates. His talent is obviously there. I am certain the goals will start coming.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Lmao nicely played

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
This guy just needs some time to settle in here. First time he has changed clubs in a while. He seems like a loyal dude. Hopefully he ends up being loyal to the Sens next.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
He’s all over the place and looks good, and is a PPG. I’m unconcerned, the goals will come just as they have at every level every year he has ever played hockey!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The 1st priority of this team should be to re-sign Zuuuub. I would not look to re-sign DeBrincat until closer to the end of the season or over the summer & I wouldn't pay him more than $8 mil at the most. This team is doing fine without his scoring & if he can start lighting it up than we can revisit it, but as of now he would be a secondary option signing if & only if we can afford it.

IMO Batherson is the one who deserves the $8 mil more so than DeBrincat, Batherson is doing everything well & leading this team so far along with Tkachuk & Batherson can play with anybody & succeed.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Him and Giroux is still a bit underwhelming when you watch the actual game (and not just the scorecard)

How ever, I am expecting that line to pick up their play with Brassard and/or Pinto playing with them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad