Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Geez, I can't imagine people thinking that. I get it, Kane is a superstar, but all you have to do is watch Debrincat in action and you see the elite level talent.
I agree he’s quite the talent. I just think a cap hit of 9.5 mill is a tad rich and I’d like to see him score 40+ before going that high.

If he’s getting extended now I think it’s in the high 8 range but I could be wrong.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
How likely is an extension? It feels too good to be true.

I agree he’s quite the talent. I just think a cap hit of 9.5 mill is a tad rich and I’d like to see him score 40+ before going that high.

If he’s getting extended now I think it’s in the high 8 range but I could be wrong.
That would be amazing. I'd be overjoyed just re-signing him, let alone at under 9.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Team: I'm offering you max 8.75M x 7 years because, let's be real, you're not going to score 40 goals without Kane again and you're definitely not worth more than 1M over Fiala for what he produces.

DeBrincate: *hangs up*

Proceeds to see the other 32 teams lining up to sign him.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
9.25 X 4 is my guess. Will be 29 at the end of the deal playing with a Senators core that sets him up for his retirement contract at a higher cap ceiling.

Year 1: 10M
year 2: 8M
Year 3: 9M
Year 4: 10M

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
9.25 x 8 with heavy bonuses. Maybe 8.95 if the bonus structure is insane.

If the Melnyks are going to reduce their involvement monetarily in the organization (as speculated) I bet PD is playing with literal house money.

Every move he makes now just increases the organizational worth. Anna and Olivia won’t be paying the majority of those bonuses - they could care less.

Reactions: NB613

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
According to Pierre Dorion, DeBrincat went to the goaie coach and volunteered to be the practice shooter (ie the guy who takes 100+ extra shots with the goalies before and after practice)... A position typically held by a guy whos battling not to be the healthy scratch, if its not a trainer or staff member.,,,

That might not mean anything to many folks, but omg, believe me when I say we have the right guy here people. This dude loves hockey and he loves shooting the puck.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Feels weird to go from barely making the cap floor to exploding the cap ceiling

How were gonna fit Pinto , Sanderson, Zub etc??

Think we can forget about Chychrun , Formenton , might have to deal Joseph and Litr a member of the 8 club until PO (ala Kucherov lol) in 2 years

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Think we can forget about Chychrun , Formenton , might have to deal Joseph and Litr a member of the 8 club until PO (ala Kucherov lol) in 2 years
If we do re-sign Debrincat then we will be going very cheap on 3rd line wingers, 4th line and D 2-6 along with goaltending

Reactions: Alex1234

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
A lot of people think that’s because he played with Kane. If he doesn’t have a great season and scores in the 25-30 goal range I don’t think teams are looking to give him 9.5 mill.

I’d say 8x8.75. He can then go buy a nice place for his wife and young child.
I doubt many think that , as he scored over 50 every year in junior, and 67 in his last year, and was CHl player of the year. Barzal signed this week for 9.1

According to Pierre Dorion, DeBrincat went to the goaie coach and volunteered to be the practice shooter (ie the guy who takes 100+ extra shots with the goalies before and after practice)... A position typically held by a guy whos battling not to be the healthy scratch, if its not a trainer or staff member.,,,

That might not mean anything to many folks, but omg, believe me when I say we have the right guy here people. This dude loves hockey and he loves shooting the puck.
Why didn’t PD go in net, he was a goalie.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I doubt many think that , as he scored over 50 every year in junior, and 67 in his last year, and was CHl player of the year. Barzal signed this week for 9.1
He’s gonna be expensive eh. Surprised Ottawa can pony up 9+. What a difference in spending this year.

Reactions: Alex1234

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

If the Melnyks are going to reduce their involvement monetarily in the organization (as speculated) I bet PD is playing with literal house money.

Every move he makes now just increases the organizational worth. Anna and Olivia won’t be paying the majority of those bonuses - they could care less.
IIRC, performance bonuses can only be offered to ELC and over 35 years of age contracts. I'm going from memory here.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

Senators do not do bonuses.

IIRC, performance bonuses can only be offered to ELC and over 35 years of age contracts. I'm going from memory here.
He means signing bonuses not performance bonuses. Regardless, not happening.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Senators do not do bonuses.

He means signing bonuses not performance bonuses. Regardless, not happening.
Ah, OK. For some reason I assumed he meant "performance" bonuses. I suppose the use of adjectives could be important.

Ya, not sure about playing with the house money part. We still have around $5 m of cap space even with the Hellberg AAV included (interesting that CapFriendly lists Hellberg in the NON-Roster section). The regular season starts tomorrow, although most teams won't start playing regular season games until the 11th.

Last edited:

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Ah, OK. For some reason I assumed he meant "performance" bonuses. I suppose the use of adjectives could be important.
I'd say safe to assume "bonus" always = "signing bonus" unless a qualifier is added. Especially when talking about a player that is between 19 and 35.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I'd say safe to assume "bonus" always = "signing bonus" unless a qualifier is added. Especially when talking about a player that is between 19 and 35.
I suppose but it depends on who is making the statement as well to some degree. There's an expression about assuming. Having said that, it would have been better to ask a question for clarification.

More importantly, we don't have a history of paying players "signing" bonuses. If our cash flow is connected to attendance and/or walk-up crowds, that would be the reason why this happens.

Last edited:

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I suppose but it depends on who is making the statement as well to some degree.

There's an expression about assuming.
In this scenario I think you were the assumer though.

As you said, performance and entry don't apply to debrincat and you assumed OP was wrong instead of taking him at his word.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Zaitsev expires when Sanderson is up . Plus we have dead cap coming off in the next couple of years if they play this right we can keep everyone

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
In this scenario I think you were the assumer though.

As you said, performance and entry don't apply to debrincat and you assumed OP was wrong instead of taking him at his word.
Read my post again (#491). I edited it. I've underlined it for you.

Are you happy now.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Read my post again (#491). I edited it. I've underlined it for you.

Are you happy now.
Always happy. I think his post was very clear with no other possible interpretation. His only error was assuming the senators would give anyone a signing bonus.

But as they say, no such thing as a stupid question.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Has there been any recent reports on Debrincat signing a contract soon? I've been away, so I've likely missed something.

Thought I'd steer the conversation back to ADB as well (people seem a little aggressive this morning).

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Has there been any recent reports on Debrincat signing a contract soon? I've been away, so I've likely missed something.

Thought I'd steer the conversation back to ADB as well (people seem a little aggressive this morning).
Speculation from Kevin Weekes yesterday that contract negotiations are picking up and the Sens want to get it done. Nothing concrete, but a pretty reliable source for this kind of thing.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Speculation from Kevin Weekes yesterday that contract negotiations are picking up and the Sens want to get it done. Nothing concrete, but a pretty reliable source for this kind of thing.
That's interesting. Hope we sign him. Will make future moves and cap situation interesting (tight) next year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad