Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
The problem with this DBC trade is if he refuses to sign an extension with any team except Detroit & that seems to be the case. We could trade him to another team, but why would they give us very much for a rental of one yr? I just hope we can get one top 9 player from someone who can add some secondary scoring & then PD has Tarensko lined up.

The question is, does StevieY want to play the prick here with his home town or is he willing to be reasonable to get a decent forward & give a fair return. Could Ottawa also not sign DBC & let him sit out the yr without a contract if they don't get a decent return?
If we're taking him to team arb and they decide what the year term should be, then im assuming if we refuse to offer him that contract he immediately becomes UFA no?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The problem with this DBC trade is if he refuses to sign an extension with any team except Detroit & that seems to be the case. We could trade him to another team, but why would they give us very much for a rental of one yr? I just hope we can get one top 9 player from someone who can add some secondary scoring & then PD has Tarensko lined up.

The question is, does StevieY want to play the prick here with his home town or is he willing to be reasonable to get a decent forward & give a fair return. Could Ottawa also not sign DBC & let him sit out the yr without a contract if they don't get a decent return?
The worst case for DeBrincat is you sign him for the year and move him at the TDL. He'll be an attractive asset at the TDL. Teams are always giving up too much to get scoring help at the TDL.

f*** Yzerman I say.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
The worst case for DeBrincat is you sign him for the year and move him at the TDL. He'll be an attractive asset at the TDL. Teams are always giving up too much to get scoring help at the TDL.

f*** Yzerman I say.

I think DBC would be fine with this. I don't think Sens management would be. f***s our cap situation and becomes a massive distraction for a team trying to make the playoffs.

He's not playing another game for Ottawa.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I bet the Isles and Ducks trade proposals are better but Dorion is stuck with Detroit as Cat won't sign elsewhere

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

f*** Yzerman I say.
That was a much easier option before we signed Korpisalo, right now we have about 6 mil mil to fill Debrincat's spot once you account for filling out the rest of a 22-23 man roster.

As it stands, I can only see us fitting him in if we manage to move Joseph with nothing coming back, even then I'm not sure if that's enough.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
That was a much easier option before we signed Korpisalo, right now we have about 6 mil mil to fill Debrincat's spot once you account for filling out the rest of a 22-23 man roster.

As it stands, I can only see us fitting him in if we manage to move Joseph with nothing coming back, even then I'm not sure if that's enough.

We’re f***ed, in other words.

Reactions: DrEasy

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
What do you think the hold up is?

The extension talk

or

The return
Who knows.It’s hard to believe anything you hear or read these days. For all we know, Pierre is working on a deal with another team. Remember all of the rumours when Pierre was trying to trade EK? How many different teams “were close” to making a deal? Or when a new owner was going to be announced? My gut tells me that this deal is a ways off yet from being completed.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Who knows.It’s hard to believe anything you hear or read these days. For all we know, Pierre is working on a deal with another team. Remember all of the rumours when Pierre was trying to trade EK? How many different teams “were close” to making a deal? Or when a new owner was going to be announced? My gut tells me that this deal is a ways off yet from being completed.

Good. We are in control here.

Worst scenario with the waiting is losing out on Tarasenko but I’ll gladly take Tatar. MacArthur 2.0.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

The clearest path forward is to move DeBrincat anyway they can.
10 forwards
7 D
2 goalies
7.5m cap space.
Pinto and 2 bottom 6 forwards to sign. Lets Say 3.5 combined ; 4 left >> to get to 13 F
Moving Joseph could save 2.2 He needs to be replaced at .75 6.2 left
Move Brannstrom to enable moving Joseph .. Save 2 .,. replace him with Kleven (916) save 1.1
7.3 cap space ... still not enough

13F
7D
2G

Could go 12F ... but that's not ideal .. could squeeze him in though
Check my arithmetic lol

Would not doubt it. He has to move him. Even if its for Alex Chiasson; He's a UFA so not him; make it Joe Veleno

Last edited:

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
The funny thing about following this situation on HF boards is that it seems DRW fans seem to expect to give up more for DBC than Sens fans seem to expect to get for him, which is kind of the inverse of the usual order of things.

What's odd as well is the fact it seems everyone thinks the player is going to Detroit, but Dorian appears to have been asking for more than the Sens gave up to get him despite having very little latitude, and Yzerman seems less enthusiastic than most GMs despite probably being the players preferred option, presumably due to where the Red Wings rebuild is at.

Wouldn't be surprised if DBC goes elsewhere, but I suppose it depends on how much the player wants to 'go home' or if he just wants to get out of Ottawa and be nearer home.

Despite being rivals in the division, I hope the impending ownership change allows you guys to enjoy a long overdue period of your team being really pushed to win as opposed to having to sell off key pieces everytime things look like they might be really developing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The funny thing about following this situation on HF boards is that it seems DRW fans seem to expect to give up more for DBC than Sens fans seem to expect to get for him, which is kind of the inverse of the usual order of things.

What's odd as well is the fact it seems everyone thinks the player is going to Detroit, but Dorian appears to have been asking for more than the Sens gave up to get him despite having very little latitude, and Yzerman seems less enthusiastic than most GMs despite probably being the players preferred option, presumably due to where the Red Wings rebuild is at.

Wouldn't be surprised if DBC goes elsewhere, but I suppose it depends on how much the player wants to 'go home' or if he just wants to get out of Ottawa and be nearer home.

Despite being rivals in the division, I hope the impending ownership change allows you guys to enjoy a long overdue period of your team being really pushed to win as opposed to having to sell off key pieces everytime things look like they might be really developing.
Any outlets talking about the Dorion ask?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The clearest path forward is to move DeBrincat anyway they can.
10 forwards
7 D
2 goalies
7.5m cap space.
Pinto and 2 bottom 6 forwards to sign. Lets Say 3.5 combined ; 4 left >> to get to 13 F
Moving Joseph could save 2.2 He needs to be replaced at .75 6.2 left
Move Brannstrom to enable moving Joseph .. Save 2 .,. replace him with Kleven (916) save 1.1
7.3 cap space ... still not enough

13F
7D
2G

Could go 12F ... but that's not ideal .. could squeeze him in though
Check my arithmetic lol

The only reason to keep DeBrincat right now is to maximize his return,

We currently have 10 forwards (plus DeBrincat and Pinto) 7 D and 2 G on the roster, with 7.5 in space.
Pinto plus a 12th F will take at least 2 mil. DeBrincat assuming a complete victory at arbitration will cost 7.65, so we need to clear at least 2.15 to run an 21 man roster (12F, 7D, 2G) so move Joseph and sign Sokolov at 750k and that leaves no room for callups if injuries occur. A Murray Buyout could resolve that last issue.

That gives us this (red needs to be signed:

Tkachuk-Stu-Giroux
DeBrincat-Norris-Batherson
Greig
-Pinto-?Sokolov@.775?
Kelly-Kastelic-MacEwen

Chabot
-Zub
Sanderson
-Chychrun
Brannstrom
-Hamonic
JBD

Korpi
Forsi

Edit: Just realized 775 is the league min contract, so I've amended Sokolov's deal.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

This must be your first time at HFSens We never expect good things here

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The only reason to keep DeBrincat right now is to maximize his return,

We currently have 10 forwards (plus DeBrincat and Pinto) 7 D and 2 G on the roster, with 7.5 in space.
Pinto plus a 12th F will take at least 2 mil. DeBrincat assuming a complete victory at arbitration will cost 7.65, so we need to clear at least 2.15 to run an 21 man roster (12F, 7D, 2G) so move Joseph and sign Sokolov at 750k and that leaves no room for callups if injuries occur. A Murray Buyout could resolve that last issue.

That gives us this (red needs to be signed:

Tkachuk-Stu-Giroux
DeBrincat-Norris-Batherson
Greig
-Pinto-?Sokolov@.775?
Kelly-Kastelic-MacEwen

Chabot
-Zub
Sanderson
-Chychrun
Brannstrom
-Hamonic
JBD

Korpi
Forsi

Edit: Just realized 775 is the league min contract, so I've amended Sokolov's deal.
Really tight. 12F its doable.. What does a Murray buy out save on the Cap?
Clearest path is to move him.. might have to take some lumps on the trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad