Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I really feel like we have an agreement with Tarasenko. But we need to get this trade done soon or we'll miss the boat.

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
Yz
The pressure has always been on the Ottawa side

Not sure why some people here think otherwise

If the price is too much Yzerman is not going to negotiate against himself
Yzerman is starting to feel some heat in Detroit. A lot of questionable free agent signings. Redwing fans are wanting to see a quicker improvement and now there’s a 40 goal hometown kid who publicly wants to come there. Yzerman is feeling the pressure to bring him home

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Yz

Yzerman is starting to feel some heat in Detroit. A lot of questionable free agent signings. Redwing fans are wanting to see a quicker improvement and now there’s a 40 goal hometown kid who publicly wants to come there. Yzerman is feeling the pressure to bring him home
The heat he's feeling still seems closer to a whimper than anything else. The cultish devotion to the Yzerplan is still strong af despite showing some cracks this summer. To most Wings fans it seems he can do no wrong and is beyond reproach, his genius is above regular plebs comprehension and understanding, you just need to have complete faith in everything he does and all will be well lol. So don't think he's in that much hot water yet, still got plenty of good will to blow for at least another 2 years I'd say.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I'd love to get Debrincat if possible traded anywhere but Detroit. Wings nation is delusional, overvaluing many of their prospects.

Who cares what wings fans think of their prospects, Pierre Dorion is negotiating with Steve Yzerman. Some of the Sens fans takes are just as delusional.

And neither GM is sitting there right now sweating buckets because Detroit NEEDS DeBrincat or Ottawa is under SO much pressure to get rid of him. Something will get done and there are probably agreements in place wherever with a contingency on DeBrincat's contract.

If Pierre didn't get a good return, he'll take shit for it, he's going to take shit regardless because fans are never universally happy. But I don't really care personally, he took a risk and DeBrincat decided not to want to stay. Oh well, shit happens

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I find its at the top end of delusional for Wings fans though. I mean, there are proposals for B level prospects being made in the trade that Wings fans think are McDavid.
Bro, every time there is a trade situation like this one, every fanbase has fans out to lunch on both sides, as is the case with this situation.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'd love to get Debrincat if possible traded anywhere but Detroit. Wings nation is delusional, overvaluing many of their prospects.
I'm curious, which prospects are you talking about? (not trying to start a fight here lol, I'm just genuinely curious if the prospects are being over-valued, or maybe you just aren't familiar with the player...?)

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
I see this narrative often but I don’t think dorion is under a lot of pressure. I think he either gets the year with new ownership or doesn’t. I doubt he’s judged solely on cat. It’ll be the entire year.

I think Stevie is under more pressure. There isn’t a premiere player on that roster right now. And that cap space is good but lest we forget they will be eating into a fair portion of it for their young studs. Moritz, Raymond, Edvinson, berggren, soderblom, all these guys are untouchable will cost more.

And he hasn’t exactly won over the world with his signings. Holl, a healthy scratch at times, for 3 years. Chairot. Copp. His goalies are who? Why did he buyout Yamamoto?

So I think he’s gotta make a move. Hometown boy. Does Stevie want another year of this type of return? I bet he wants to have a good year. Who knows what happens next summer.

If I’m Pierre I’m taking a good deal from detroit or shit deal from anyone else.
Yzerman is under no pressure. Individual moves get questioned, but he's still a hero to fans and the organisation, and has still got more right than wrong as Red Wings GM. Pierre is trying to still have a job in a few months. He's under immense pressure to try to not make the trade for DBC last year look like a disaster, surely?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yzerman is under no pressure. Individual moves get questioned, but he's still a hero to fans and the organisation, and has still got more right than wrong as Red Wings GM. Pierre is trying to still have a job in a few months. He's under immense pressure to try to not make the trade for DBC last year look like a disaster, surely?
And not to have to dump at least 1 roster player to get under the cap to keep DeBrincat (Arb award or 9m). And to not have to face a lesser return if his only option is to move him as a rental. Not sure how its not pressure on Dorion. Yzerman has the cap space to go sign Tarasenko to a shorter term deal and get a goal scorer. There certainly would be value in getting a younger DeBrincat at the right number but that takes the DeBrincat camp to take less than currently advertised. Dorion can't add anyone until he moves DeBrincat

Reactions: lomekian and DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wings fans have largely come around on DeBrincat being a no brainer, besides the odd idiot who still thinks he's just going to walk himself to Detroit in a year and so they shouldn't give up anything for him.

Feel like most of that has to do with Yzerman making some questionable signings and putting the Wings in no-man's land right now - not bad enough to tank for a high pick but probably not good enough to make the playoffs. DeBrincat is a big need now to put them in a position to compete for a spot.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Answer his question. I am also curious what these over the top wings fans have said to anger you so much.
Who's angry? I said some Red Wings fans are over the top with the valuing of their prospects. You can see many of these posts in the general trade thread on HF. For example, there was one proposed trade that had Berggren, Kubalik(UFA) and 2nd for Debrincat that was thrown out immediately.

Reactions: SENStastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad