Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You’d have to think Brannstrom would welcome a fresh opportunity. He can’t be over the top thrilled at the way he’s been developed and utilized here.

I haven't been thrilled in what he's had to offer either.

I posted this earlier, but I think it's interesting:

He had 55 minutes of PP time this year, and put up 1 PP assist.

That makes him the least productive PP player of the entire team in terms of guys who actually got powerplay time - which is 15th in productivity.

In his career, he has 271 minutes of PP time, and 11 powerplay points.

That puts him at 10th in total PP TOI on the team since he joined the Senators, and 39th in powerplay production, 12th among Ottawa defencemen.

He has a decent shot in terms of velocity, and his shooting percentage is 2.7%, which is second worst on the team, ahead of only Parker Kelly.

He shows signs of cerebral play and calmness with the puck, and none of that somehow translates into offensive opportunities.

The 1 year contract is definitely a "show me what you can do" contract - maybe it will be for another team.

I actually liked the redundancy on the D because injuries are a given, but I suspect they want to fit someone in that requires Brannstrom's $2M in cap space.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It appeared in here a few hours (approx) before you posted it.

The issue is not 2024-25 and beyond. It's the cap squeeze this year. There's been several posts with rosters and salaries posted in here before.
I would 100% move out other pieces like Jospeh to make it work for this year. Which I have said in many of my posts

A part of me wonders that if Brannstrom is included, is it because Kleven is forcing his way on the team?

I don’t see them trading JBD with him being a part of the ND quartet.
Probably not unless its for cap reasons

Kleven probably pushes out JBD/Hamonic (next year) at some point

If we traded Brannstrom and DBC together, which I think is very possible. I really hope we get Rasmussen and Berggren as part of a package.
I like Rassmussen but Branny is has shown to be better imo

Rassmussen might break out this year but likely goes down as a third line tweener

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would 100% move out other pieces like Jospeh to make it work for this year. Which I have said in many of my posts

Probably not unless its for cap reasons

Kleven probably pushes out JBD/Hamonic (next year) at some point

I like Rassmussen but Branny is has shown to be better imo

Rassmussen might break out this year but likely goes down as a third line tweener
If Kleven pushes anyone out it's likely to be Brannstrom given they are both left shots IMO. Above Brannstrom are Sanderson & Chabot on the left side & I don't see either of them being pushed out just yet. Both JBD & Hamonic are right shots & at the moment we don't have another right shot D to challenge them. Zub RD plays higher up in the lineup at this moment too.

Chychrun is a left shot & most think he could likely end up on the right side in the top 4 & I doubt we are mving anyone from the top 4. If there is a change on D I keep returning to Brannstrom who now makes $2 mil & to get that budget to work could be at his expense with a cheaper Kleven waiting in the wings. I do agree that Joseph would also be a guy to move to make the cap work. DBC, Joseph & Brannstrom to me are the three that could get moved who have cheaper replacement players behind them to make the numbers fit the budget. Of course, they could also do something completely different, who knows?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ha. They’re both back on the roster.

awkward-naked-gun.gif

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I’m telling you boys. We should move Zub. JBD is gonna be his replacement and he has value right now. I want another bruiser on D.

SIGN DUMBA

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
A part of me wonders that if Brannstrom is included, is it because Kleven is forcing his way on the team?

I don’t see them trading JBD with him being a part of the ND quartet.

When guys win the hardest working Sen at dev camp they are usually in the lineup sooner than later (Boro and Kelly I believe made the team full time less than two seasons after winning).

It makes all the sense in the world that Dorion/DJ are enamored with this big, hard working kid and that he's given himself an inside track as a result. Personally, I'd rather have Kleven marinating in Belleville for at least half a season so that this team has depth on LD and RD (JBD) in case of injuries. Brannstrom out and Kleven in leaves them with Larsson/Heatherington as next man up on the left side which isn't ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad