Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
In my personal opinion, DeBrincat looks pretty greedy to me. He and his agent want to push us into UFA so he can just walk for whatever and we get nothing in return. This is bullshit considering the assets we gave up to bring him here. Everyone is willing to get on DeBrincat's side because they dislike Dorion so much. I can't say I am a big time Dorion fan, but this is a bit ridiculous. There is a saying my maritimer step-dad used to say: either shit or get off the pot. In this case DeBrincat and his agent are holding up the line. I put the blame completely on them and not our staff. Dorion tried to re-sign, tried to make offers and now is trying to find a trade. DeBrincat thinks he can get more as a UFA... f*** him and the horse he rode in on.

Last edited:
Reactions: swiftwin

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In my personal opinion, DeBrincat looks pretty greedy to me. He and his agent want to push us into UFA so he can just walk for whatever and we get nothing in return. This is bullshit considering the assets we gave up to bring him here.

Why is it his job to help out Ottawa? He never asked to come here.

Everyone is willing to get on DeBrincat's side because they dislike Dorion so much. I can't say I am a big time Dorion fan, but this is a bit ridiculous. There is a saying my maritimer step-dad used to say: either shit or get off the pot. In this case DeBrincat and his agent are holding up the line. I put the blame completely on them and not our staff. Dorion tried to resign, tried to make offers and now is trying to find a trade. DeBrincat thinks he can get more as a UFA... f*** him and the horse he rode in on.

Where's the urgency from ADB's camp here?

Remember when Phaneuf refused to waive his NMC in Ottawa for the expansion draft, and some people were upset because he wasn't helping out his team?

He had the NMC, it's his right to use it.

I never have any issues with players exercising their rights.

I don't hate Dorion for acquiring ADB, I think we were all excited about the franchise trying to turn the page.

We also wanted to make the team more attractive to a guy like Claude Giroux who wanted to see commitment to competitive improvement.

Not to mention, we were trying to sell the team and make the franchise more attractive to buyers by presumably playing better, winning more and putting more asses in the seats.

It was a gamble, I think we thought he'd be attracted by the thought of being part of an effective and contending core going forward, but the team fell short of demonstrating a significant leap forward, ADB was put into more of a supporting role on the 2nd line, and his statistics took a bit of a dive.

Maybe it was naive to think that we'd win him over, but at the time I was pretty psyched so I'm not going to turn around and pretend that I never wanted him all along.

Last edited:

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
In my personal opinion, DeBrincat looks pretty greedy to me. He and his agent want to push us into UFA so he can just walk for whatever and we get nothing in return. This is bullshit considering the assets we gave up to bring him here. Everyone is willing to get on DeBrincat's side because they dislike Dorion so much. I can't say I am a big time Dorion fan, but this is a bit ridiculous. There is a saying my maritimer step-dad used to say: either shit or get off the pot. In this case DeBrincat and his agent are holding up the line. I put the blame completely on them and not our staff. Dorion tried to resign, tried to make offers and now is trying to find a trade. DeBrincat thinks he can get more as a UFA... f*** him and the horse he rode in on.
he has done nothing wrong. This is 100% the Senators fault.

Every move associated with him has been wrong. So what do people want? that he accommodate them? to correct their mistakes?

he did not owe anyone an explanation, an answer, a detailed plan of his future goals/hopes. He had a signed contract. They traded for him and that contract.

Their fault, Not his.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In my personal opinion, DeBrincat looks pretty greedy to me. He and his agent want to push us into UFA so he can just walk for whatever and we get nothing in return. This is bullshit considering the assets we gave up to bring him here. Everyone is willing to get on DeBrincat's side because they dislike Dorion so much. I can't say I am a big time Dorion fan, but this is a bit ridiculous. There is a saying my maritimer step-dad used to say: either shit or get off the pot. In this case DeBrincat and his agent are holding up the line. I put the blame completely on them and not our staff. Dorion tried to resign, tried to make offers and now is trying to find a trade. DeBrincat thinks he can get more as a UFA... f*** him and the horse he rode in on.
That’s literally what his contract was made for. Get to UFA, get paid. Why would he care what Ottawa traded or got back from him, that’s what Dorion is in charge of, DBC quite literally has zero care, or involvement in that.

Dorion can trade DBC at any point, without any involvement of DBC. Dorion wants to trade him with a contract, DBC is under no obligation to sign a contract with a team of Dorion’s choosing, at a contract he doesn’t want.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
His agent is annoying but him and Debrincat owe the team nothing, nor does the team owe them anything.

Debrincat never chose to be a Sen. He’s not going to sign somewhere he doesn’t want to be long-term just to make Dorion happy.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion knew his contract status and made his decision. DeBrincat should not be expected to sign long term because that's what's best for the Senators.

You just can't blame a player for not signing up long term before he has to and exercising their contract rights. Especially a player with zero ties to you that was just brought in with no extension attempted to be worked out first.

Some people are too hard on Dorion at times, but I think this is a situation he knowingly put himself in and has to wear it. Just do the best you can on a rental return and filling out the lineup and move on without this public spat.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm sure Jackson was pissed when Dorion didn't even bother asking him if his client would be interested in playing in Ottawa before trading for him.

Put his client in a situation where he gets to be painted as the bad guy for not wanting to stay when he had no interest in coming here in the first place, which should have killed any trade for him in the crib.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I'm sure Jackson was pissed when Dorion didn't even bother asking him if his client would be interested in playing in Ottawa before trading for him.

Put his client in a situation where he gets to be painted as the bad guy for not wanting to stay when he had no interest in coming here in the first place, which should have killed any trade for him in the crib.

What are you smoking?

Of course he was asked if he was interested in playing in Ottawa.

He most likely said “going to try it”

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I agree this is more on Dorion than DeBrincat. This is a repeated error by Dorion now (bringing in Duchene, Debrincat without an extension in place). Failing both times should be an unforgivable error and grounds for his immediate dismissal IMO. Losing two top 10 picks over this is just too costly to the franchise.

I am bitter with DeBrincat as well. It's his right to go after the money, but it's also not the winning mentality I want on the team. Whether he's making 8.5m or 7.5m on a team friendly deal, his family is going to be okay lol.. Some players get it, others don't.

Reactions: PM

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
My issue with DBC is all year he was on the fence"likes the city but wants to see what happens with the sale" etc. He knew from day 1 his intensions so why put the organization through that rollercoaster.

Even after the season was done it was a few months before we finally heard his decisions, why wait so long and force the organization to rush to move you.

Also a lot of reports are saying no one is offering the same term and $$ we are maybe it wont be a bad play to keep him one year and let him test UFA. let the kid realize he isnt as valuable as he sees himself.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
not only did they paint themselves into a corner. The paint is a real slow drying kind..

Can you say footprints in paint.
Or just when it’s almost dry and they’re about to get out, they put another coat down. Learn from your mistakes!! Like wow this guy is so incompetent.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I am bitter with DeBrincat as well. It's his right to go after the money, but it's also not the winning mentality I want on the team. Whether he's making 8.5m or 7.5m on a team friendly deal, his family is going to be okay lol.. Some players get it, others don't.

It might not just be about the money.

It's hard for us to complain about ADB wanting to play somewhere else when Claude Giroux comes here specifically to play here.

SensFan1010 said:
My issue with DBC is all year he was on the fence"likes the city but wants to see what happens with the sale" etc. He knew from day 1 his intensions so why put the organization through that rollercoaster.

You always have to take that kind of thing with a grain of salt.

If he complains about coming here, he's a "problem player" or "has too much of an ego" and that makes him less desirable to other teams.

It might also reduce his trade value.

The best thing a player can do is say publicly that he loves the city he's playing in because there's no downside to doing so.

Reactions: h2

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Even after the season was done it was a few months before we finally heard his decisions, why wait so long and force the organization to rush to move you.

Also a lot of reports are saying no one is offering the same term and $$ we are maybe it wont be a bad play to keep him one year and let him test UFA. let the kid realize he isnt as valuable as he sees himself.
This happens all the time though. It's what pending UFA's say every time. He went from comfortable to being traded to a new place, a new country even, and immediately being grilled about signing long term. Dorion went through it with Duchene and Stone as well. He needs to make his own assessment of the situations and act accordingly and be held accountable for whatever the results end up being.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

He has the NMC, it's his right to use it.

DBC does not have a NMC, as far as I can see.
1688490856952.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What are you smoking?

Of course he was asked if he was interested in playing in Ottawa.

He most likely said “going to try it”

Doubt very much is Jackson asked DBC about anything concerning a trade. Jackson knew he had to trade away his assets, to increase the Lottery odds, and took the best offer for everyone he traded…. Jackson’s first mention of the trade to Ottawa, was probably a phone call to DBC telling him he was traded to Ottawa…….. why in world would he care where DBC was interested in playing?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Doubt very much is Jackson asked DBC about anything concerning a trade. Jackson knew he had to trade away his assets, to increase the Lottery odds, and took the best offer for everyone he traded…. Jackson’s first mention of the trade to Ottawa, was probably a phone call to DBC telling him he was traded to Ottawa…….. why in world would he care where DBC was interested in playing?
Because he's his agent, not his GM

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Phaneuf was just an example of when fans get mad when a player does what he's entitled to do.
Okay, got it.

had no problem with Dion exercising his negotiated rights.

Because he's his agent, not his GM
Okay, for some reason I thought you were referencing the Chicago GM… Davidson, not Jackson… mixed them up.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The gap between 30th and 10th in pp pts is about 6 pts, DeBrincat did rack up pts on the PP, where he had issues was at 5v5. He was 35th in 5v5 toi and 129th in 5v5 pts (forwards only)

Are there better opportunities than what he got 5v5 here, playing with Pinto and a recovering Batherson, absolutely, heck this coming season should yeild a better opportunity if he sticks around.
I was replying to getting PP1 opportunities elsewhere only

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Or just when it’s almost dry and they’re about to get out, they put another coat down. Learn from your mistakes!! Like wow this guy is so incompetent.
they have 7 forwards signed. Plus Norris. So 8

you need 13..

5 more.... with 9.1 M to spend. and the CAT gets 7.75 (Arbitration).. leaving you ~ 1.3 M

league minimum is 750 K or so. gets you 1.9 player. I wonder who they will saw pieces off of?

what the bleep are they thinking??????

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Will the assumption that Debrincat isn’t getting the AaV he is looking for from any of his preferred teams be able to be used by the sens in arbitration ?

• Haha
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Will the assumption that Debrincat isn’t getting the AaV he is looking for from any of his preferred teams be able to be used by the sens in arbitration ?
No, but maybe PD proclaiming in the media, that he’s gonna score 40 goals again, no matter where he goes (or if he stays), might get used by ADB’s camp!

Reactions: Sun God Nika

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Where's the urgency from ADB's camp here?

Remember when Phaneuf refused to waive his NMC in Ottawa for the expansion draft, and some people were upset because he wasn't helping out his team?

He had the NMC, it's his right to use it.

I don't hate Dorion for acquiring ADB, I think we were all excited about the franchise trying to turn the page.

We also wanted to make the team more attractive to a guy like Claude Giroux who wanted to see commitment to competitive improvement.

Not to mention, we were trying to sell the team and make the franchise more attractive to buyers by presumably playing better, winning more and putting more asses in the seats.

It was a gamble, I think we thought he'd be attracted by the thought of being part of an effective and contending core going forward, but the team fell short of demonstrating a significant leap forward, ADB was put into more of a supporting role on the 2nd line, and his statistics took a bit of a dive.

Maybe it was naive to think that we'd win him over, but at the time I was pretty psyched so I'm not going to turn around and pretend that I never wanted him all along.
Yeah, you're right. We should have never traded for this meat-ball. I knew it would come to this when I saw he only had two years left. I also knew it would be this way when I saw how elusive he acted all last season. Johnny Gaudreau is the prime example here in Calgary for leaving without giving anything to the flames in return. DeBrincat is looking for that. Dorion was a fool to trade for him. Simple as that.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad