Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I am guessing that the other 3rd team that they granted permission to talk to were Detroit, as they no longer remain interested.
Going by what Garrioch wrote yesterday, he spoke to 3 of his 5 teams on his list with the other 2 not having any interest at all. Anaheim and Islanders weren't on his list.

Anaheim and Islanders are likely just coasting in, don't think DBC is going to be signing anything other than an overpay UFA contract with either team. Unless they're willing to trade for a rental, which is what they should be pursuing at this point anyways

• Haha
Reactions: Sun God Nika

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Friedman on 32 Thoughts

“There is a lot of frustration boiled over there. I think the team is frustrated, and the agent is frustrated. Everybody just wants this to be over.”

“Initially I was told Anaheim was impossible, then I think Debrincat kind of looked at how many good young centres that the team has, maybe I might think about that for a bit”

“ I think there is a lot of interest, I think they are talking to a lot teams and hopefully they get this thing done”

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Friedman on 32 Thoughts

“There is a lot of frustration boiled over there. I think the team is frustrated, and the agent is frustrated. Everybody just wants this to be over.”

“Initially I was told Anaheim was impossible, then I think Debrincat kind of looked at how many good young centres that the team has, maybe I might think about that for a bit”

“ I think there is a lot of interest, I think they are talking to a lot teams and hopefully they get this thing done”
It’ll get done when all the interesting UFA’s are gone. Just another Sens-related issue that drags on more than it needs to.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Meier is much better than DeBrincat.
thats very debatable

Friedman on Tarasenko.

“Somebody told me that if Debrincat goes, then that’s a possibility, we’ll see how that plays out”
tarasenko is not the same player he was. On a one year deal he might be okay but man is that a downgrade at that position unless we are adding something else.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Would be EXTREMELY surprised if Ottawa was in on Tarasenko seriously.

He’s nearing a decision, and can’t imagine Ottawa offering the best 1 year deal or the best multi year deal

• Haha
Reactions: Sun God Nika

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
thats very debatable

tarasenko is not the same player he was. On a one year deal he might be okay but man is that a downgrade at that position unless we are adding something else.

Tarasenko is a better player than Debrincat today; and I seriously doubt if Debrincat ever reaches the heights Tarasenko has in his career. Adding Tarasenko would be quite the coup for the Senators. He's basically Giroux 2.0

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
tarasenko is def not a better player than DBC is today

Lol no he's not.

You guys don't watch much hockey beside Ottawa I'm presuming. Tarasenko at one point was a top-5 winger in the game.
Debrincat has had Kane inflate his numbers nearly every single season of his career. He's a slightly better Jeff Skinne.
Tarasenko is also only 31; he's got another good 3-4 years of near PPG seasons. Quality doesn't fade for guys like him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You guys don't watch much hockey beside Ottawa I'm presuming. Tarasenko at one point was a top-5 winger in the game.
Debrincat has had Kane inflate his numbers nearly every single season of his career. He's a slightly better Jeff Skinne.
Tarasenko is also only 31; he's got another good 3-4 years of near PPG seasons. Quality doesn't fade for guys like him.
This is kind of funny, because if you didn't watch hockey outside of Ottawa, you'd probably think Tarasenko is definitely better than DeBrincat since he has a reputation of being elite prior to some injury issues, and DeBrincat wasn't great in his one season with Ottawa.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Tarasenko had the better prime for sure, especially with his size.

Now it’s not really close though. Not sure there is a team in the league that would Take Taresenko over DBC for the same price on a 1 year deal.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I've watched Tarasenko plenty and it's clear injuries and age are taking their toll on him. DBC had a down year but he still looked good out there, even with Pinto centering him most of the time.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Tarasenko had 50 points in 69 games last year while changing teams and 82 in 75 the year before. 2 injury riddled years prior to that.

I don't watch much of him but I fail to see how that's falling off hard to the point they shouldn't be on it as a Cat fill in. He proved he still had it the year he had after those two lost to injury and he almost produced at the same rate Cat did last year, granted less goals.

Easily worth it if he'll listen. Highly skeptical he would, but I'm on board.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Tarasenko had 50 points in 69 games last year while changing teams and 82 in 75 the year before. 2 injury riddled years prior to that.

I don't watch much of him but I fail to see how that's falling off hard to the point they shouldn't be on it as a Cat fill in. He proved he still had it the year he had after those two lost to injury and he almost produced at the same rate Cat did last year, granted less goals.

If they can get Taresenko to fill in for Cat for 2/3 years that would be great. He’s not as good, and he’s not very spry, but he should be good for 25+25 over the next 2/3 years.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

If he wants to come here on a 1 or 2 year "trial" of sorts to show he can still be a 35+ goal scorer, I'm on board as well, but I sure as hell wouldn't want PD to be the one to sign him long-term not knowing if his body can hold up.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Lol, I think we now know you don’t watch hockey.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think Senko's expected AAV is being overestimated here. In a market where a versatile player in Duchene got 3m for 1 year (low tax state) I am sure the reason Senko is still looking for a team is because the offers likely suck compared to his expectations. I think he will be in the 2.8-3.3 range for a 1 yr deal.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
25/25 is selling him short. Over a full season totals are more like 35/35
He’s only hit 70 points in 4/11 of his seasons, he looked slower this year which makes sense for guys that size as they age. He’s 32 this year, it’s unlikely he’s going to be producing at his prime level, he’s not in his prime anymore.

You’re not getting him for 82 games in all likelihood, he’s got miles on him, while Giroux has missed less than 15 games in his career.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He’s only hit 70 points in 4/11 of his seasons, he looked slower this year which makes sense for guys that size as they age. He’s 32 this year, it’s unlikely he’s going to be producing at his prime level, he’s not in his prime anymore.

You’re not getting him for 82 games in all likelihood, he’s got miles on him, while Giroux has missed less than 15 games in his career.
To get Tarasenko to Ottawa I think the bare minimum would be 2 x 5.5M. I could see him somewhere in the US signing a 1 year 3.5-4M deal.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We're not getting Tarasenko.

At this point we likely start the season with Debrincat and non-existent depth. An injury away from missing the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad