Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Mantha, McMichael and Iorio for DeBrincat works for me but I'm not sure the cap works for Washington. Gives us two dirt cheap NHL ready pieces which is nice.

If Mantha bounces back - great. If not, we at least get some flexibility next summer.

Do we have confirmation that he doesn't want to live in Canada?

My impression has always been that it's about money and long term security. If no US based team is willing to give him anything close to what we're offering (especially term-wise), then his best option financially speaking might be Ottawa, even if the taxes are higher.
Dreger has said he wants to back to the USA for family reasons.

Reactions: DrEasy and aragorn

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Do we have confirmation that he doesn't want to live in Canada?

My impression has always been that it's about money and long term security. If no US based team is willing to give him anything close to what we're offering (especially term-wise), then his best option financially speaking might be Ottawa, even if the taxes are higher.
My impression has been family reasons

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Mantha, McMichael and Iorio for DeBrincat works for me but I'm not sure the cap works for Washington. Gives us two dirt cheap NHL ready pieces which is nice.

If Mantha bounces back - great. If not, we at least get some flexibility next summer.

Dreger has said he wants to back to the USA for family reasons.
Ottawa is closer to Michigan than all the other teams on his preferred list. In reality it’s home or somewhere with nice weather and low taxes.

The tax situation isn’t really any different if he goes to New York or Washington than it is here.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa is closer to Michigan than all the other teams on his preferred list. In reality it’s home or somewhere with nice weather and low taxes.

The tax situation isn’t really any different if he goes to New York or Washington than it is here.
Family reasons is usually hockey media code for 'wife hates Canada'.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
They can't. DeCrincat at 7.6 and Pinto at 2 would put them more than 1M over the cap for a 20-man roster.
1688423901916.gif

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This legit makes me wonder, did we even offer anything for Fiala? Or did the Wild want a prospect like Faber that much? Would have avoided this entire drama if we landed Fiala last season.

Reactions: aragorn

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Boy have the Devils made it really easy for players like DBC to ask for nearly $9M regardless of if they're worth it or not.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I dont even hate the guy and understand the status he’s in atm but to me no team is winning anything paying that guy close to 9M. There is no way in my mind that anyone can argue him making more money than another winger, captain in Tkachuk. Different status I know but my point stands.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What does he mean by cost too much? Money? Draft picks/prospects required to acquire?
Money. Garrioch said the Sens were interested, but not at a 7.9aav

Did Fiala want to sign here? Not a chance, so it was likely a moot point, but the Sens were absolutely in ok Fiala. When LA offered a 17th + Faber it’s an easy trade for Minny and LA.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Money. Sens wouldn’t give him a contract he wanted so the Sens dropped out as far as I remember the Garrioch tweets saying.

Did Fiala want to sign here? Not a chance, so it was likely a moot point, but the Sens were absolutely in ok Fiala. When LA offered a 17th + Faber it’s an easy trade for Minny and LA.
If Sens traded for Fiala, outside of an offersheet scenario, Fiala would basically have no choice but to sign.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Mantha, Lapi/CMM, and a 2nd? I am down.

It would have to be a 1st+. Mantha's contract alone should cost Washington a 1st to dump in this environment.

I'm not excited by any of the prospects Washington have to offer, with Leonard being off the table and Miroshnichenko being a unique case who's unlikely to be moved. The shine is off McMichael - he was a full-time AHLer last season and not a dominant one.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
While the Senators have given permission to DeBrincat’s agent, Jeff Jackson, to speak to at least three teams regarding a contract extension, he hasn’t been able to get a contract in place because nobody’s willing to offer the term or money his camp is demanding

The New York Islanders and Anaheim Ducks are among the teams that remain interested.

I am guessing that the other 3rd team that they granted permission to talk to were Detroit, as they no longer remain interested.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Would waiving Zadina be Detroit trying to clear space for DBC?

At this stage of the rebuild not sure why they would force that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad