Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
They’ll probably find a way to trade him unfortunately.

He's owed 8.000 this year though. IDK if anyone will eat that much salary for anything less than a 1st - and I don't see Toronto paying that much to save 0.688 in cap space this year and 2.000 next year.

Edit: nevermind. Mind fart on the math. he's owed only 4.000 if bought out. A 2nd rounder probably gets it done.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'll take your word for it bro. 1<3
I don't see why it would matter. I own my own business and three of my good friends are doctors. This virus is a lot more complicated than people think.

I don't really want to get into a back and forth about it, 99.9% of people couldn't care less about it anymore - and that's obviously their choice.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I don't see why it would matter. I own my own business and three of my good friends are doctors. This virus is a lot more complicated than people think.

I don't really want to get into a back and forth about it, 99.9% of people couldn't care less about it anymore - and that's obviously their choice.
Most doctors don't have a clue about anything that is outside the general scope.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010

I'm with you on the back and forth seeing as this'll be nuked first thing tomorrow morning anyways.:laugh:

You say 99.9% don't care - I'll argue much more (especially in this city) do 'care'. I'll also argue much of those people do 'care' for entirely the wrong reasons. The greatest victims of the Covid 'Pandemic' - outside of the elderly and the sickly/feeble - are people who live off the government or work for it. Gotta keep the fountain flowing

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
To CAR:
DeBrincat (RFA)

to PHI:
Chabot (5 x 8.000)

To OTT:
Farabee (5 x 5.000)
Pesce (1 x 4.050)

Just spit balling but this would help out our cap situation quite a bit, even after we re-sign Pesce and give Sanderson a massive raise for next year.

1688365330956.png

Reactions: Shroud of Orrin

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I think we're gonna have to trade away Forsberg and Joseph as well for cap flexibility, that will free up 5.7M of cap space, maybe 3.5M total once their spots are replaced with cheap contracts. Don't see any other choice, even if it's for future consid, as long as we don't throw away more draft capital as sweetners. That and signing Pinto to a short bridge 2M should give us enough room to address the forward depth we badly needed last year. If we're relying of filling out the depth with a bunch of AHL kids from our farm that have no experience and might not be ready yet, and running with only a 20man roster where we risk more injuries and all it would take is one major one to our top players to derail the entire team, then we're definitely not gonna even come close to making the playoffs. Might hurt us beyond next year too if the injuries start piling up on the shortened roster.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think we're gonna have to trade away Forsberg and Joseph as well for cap flexibility, that will free up 5.7M of cap space, maybe 3.5M total once their spots are replaced with cheap contracts. Don't see any other choice, even if it's for future consid, as long as we don't throw away more draft capital as sweetners. That and signing Pinto to a short bridge 2M should give us enough room to address the forward depth we badly needed last year. If we're relying of filling out the depth with a bunch of AHL kids from our farm that have no experience and might not be ready yet, and running with only a 20man roster where we risk more injuries and all it would take is one major one to our top players to derail the entire team, then we're definitely not gonna even come close to making the playoffs. Might hurt us beyond next year too if the injuries start piling up on the shortened roster.

I can bet Forsberg is not getting traded.

Reactions: DrEasy and DJB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can bet Forsberg is not getting traded.
Given they really highlighted that Korpisalo and Forsberg had an existing relationship, I tend to agree, even if I believe trading him might be a good way to open up some cap flexibility.

Reactions: DrEasy

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Can't see Ottawa in a position of strength they are trying to find a dance partner to trade DBC.
Especially if it goes into next season near the trade deadline.
Memories of Stone and Duchene unfortunately. PD has to be creative and can't take the first thing thrown at him!

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
To CAR:
DeBrincat (RFA)

to PHI:
Chabot (5 x 8.000)

To OTT:
Farabee (5 x 5.000)
Pesce (1 x 4.050)

Just spit balling but this would help out our cap situation quite a bit, even after we re-sign Pesce and give Sanderson a massive raise for next year.

View attachment 725638
Christ, we're giving up far superior players in both instances.

A lot of "change for the sake of change" going on in our forum IMO. The simple solution, that we need another 3rd liner that can step up into the top 6 when needed (Domi would have been an insane add) is all we need, and a better 4th liner to replace Kelly.

And please keep DbC :(

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad