Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
10.2 million in cap space remains. We don’t know if leafs will buy out Murray or not if they do that’s 11 million in space.

Assuming Pinto signs at 2m

We have 9 forwards 6 defence 2 Goalies

And 8.2-9.1M in cap space.

Other GMs can see through Dorions bluff he can’t fit Debrincat AND 2 other forwards in that range. Unless you send Joseph the other way but in that case other than pinto the rest of your “depth” is making less than a million in the bottom 6.

Sens might have to explore a performance bonus based contract to other bottom 6 guys.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
10.2 million in cap space remains. We don’t know if leafs will buy out Murray or not if they do that’s 11 million in space.

Assuming Pinto signs at 2m

We have 9 forwards 6 defence 2 Goalies

And 8.2-9.1M in cap space.

Other GMs can see through Dorions bluff he can’t fit Debrincat AND 2 other forwards in that range. Unless you send Joseph the other way but in that case other than pinto the rest of your “depth” is making less than a million in the bottom 6.

Sens might have to explore a performance bonus based contract to other bottom 6 guys.
I think it was LeBrun that said Murray being bought out is not the plan and that they'll go to camp with 3 goalies.

Considering he's likely untradable, it doesn't seem like there would be ulterior motives for putting that out there.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
If we have the right to trade players that we buy out. What if we trade Ryan and Murray to Arizona

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If we have the right to trade players that we buy out. What if we trade Ryan and Murray to Arizona

We can’t do that .

I think it was LeBrun that said Murray being bought out is not the plan and that they'll go to camp with 3 goalies.

Considering he's likely untradable, it doesn't seem like there would be ulterior motives for putting that out there.

We won’t know for sure until that buyout period occurs. Murray has been dog shit for the leafs.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So Debrincat’s agent is taking contracr with a few teams. If things are not as rosy out in the marketplace as he assumed it would be I wonder if 56M guaranteed starts to look appealing.

Reactions: Que

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Given the cap constraints, I think we need to move on no matter what.

I was willing to trade Batherson to make room before the Cat showed he had one foot out the door. But not sure I like the smell of this anymore. Batherson is a loyal soldier, much bigger, on a better deal and possibly just as productive in the right spot.

Detroit and Yzerman are honestly chumps for not making this trade happen. Zadina, Kubalik and a pick would have likely got it done I think. And both teams would have been better off for it. Yzerman seems way to reluctant to make any kind of trade where there's an element of risk to him. He's like a Shark in an empty pool where the fish all left long ago...

And yet he's got no problem spending money, and instead they go out and waste a bunch on the UFA market like a 20yr old girl would do with her first credit card at the mall. Discount stores and bargain outlets need not apply. Two years in a row I might add.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So Debrincat’s agent is taking contracr with a few teams. If things are not as rosy out in the marketplace as he assumed it would be I wonder if 56M guaranteed starts to look appealing.

How would you fit Debrincat in at 8x8 ? You would have a little over 200k in cap space and have to add 3 forwards

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Debrincat - Norris - Batherson
XXXX - Pinto - XXXX
Joseph - Kastellic - Kelly

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Chychrun
Brannstrom - JBD

Korpisalo
Forsberg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How would you fit Debrincat in at 8x8 ? You would have a little over 200k in cap space and have to add 3 forwards

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Debrincat - Norris - Batherson
XXXX - Pinto - XXXX
Joseph - Kastellic - Kelly

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Chychrun
Brannstrom - JBD

Korpisalo
Forsberg
56 over 8 years is 7 per not 8, but the point remains, we'd like have to ditch Forsberg and Joseph for cheaper options.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why, I think we have 10.2 in cap space with maybe just three spots to fill
Pinto needs a contract, that's probably 2mil, we need a 7th D, that's 800k, a 4th line RW, that's another 800k, a thirteenth fwd, that's another 800k, then you need to leave some space for injury callups.

Might be able to get away with just shipping out one or the other,

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Pinto needs a contract, that's probably 2mil, we need a 7th D, that's 800k, a 4th line RW, that's another 800k, a thirteenth fwd, that's another 800k, then you need to leave some space for injury callups.

I think we have enough forward to fill spot. Pinto, I think you can explain the situation and sign him for 1.2 -1.5 The D maybe put Branns at the right side with Kleven, so JBD is our 7D

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think we have enough forward to fill spot. Pinto, I think you can explain the situation and sign him for 1.2 -1.5 The D maybe put Branns at the right side with Kleven, so JBD is our 7D
Regardless of who you put in the spots they'll cost at least that 800k, or more

If we can squeeze Pinto down 800k, that helps, but it's really tight

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Pinto could be squeezed down under 1.5M if need be. He has zero leaverage. We don’t need a 13th F or 7th D, we can run a 20 man roster while required. Also, Matt Murray is either getting bought out by someone or is going to find his way to Robidas island.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pinto could be squeezed down under 1.5M if need be. He has zero leaverage. We don’t need a 13th F or 7th D, we can run a 20 man roster while required. Also, Matt Murray is either getting bought out by someone or is going to find his way to Robidas island.
Yeah, the Murray situation could help, if he LTIRetires does that give us anything?

Either way, it will take some work to fit him in, and that's assuming he accepts 7, which is not a guarantee either.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, the Murray situation could help, if he LTIRetires does that give us anything?

Either way, it will take some work to fit him in, and that's assuming he accepts 7, which is not a guarantee either.
LTIR on Murray would apply to his retention as well. I doubt he would take 7M x 8 from us. Maybe we could convince him that we get him on that deal with the promise that we try to move him again next offseason after he has a big rebound season. Just spitballing some outlandish options.

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc

I was willing to trade Batherson to make room before the Cat showed he had one foot out the door. But not sure I like the smell of this anymore. Batherson is a loyal soldier, much bigger, on a better deal and possibly just as productive in the right spot.

Detroit and Yzerman are honestly chumps for not making this trade happen. Zadina, Kubalik and a pick would have likely got it done I think. And both teams would have been better off for it. Yzerman seems way to reluctant to make any kind of trade where there's an element of risk to him. He's like a Shark in an empty pool where the fish all left long ago...

And yet he's got no problem spending money, and instead they go out and waste a bunch on the UFA market like a 20yr old girl would do with her first credit card at the mall. Discount stores and bargain outlets need not apply. Two years in a row I might add.

Yea I really don't understand it at all either from their perspective. I'd much rather have Cat over Compher + Gostisbehere at the contracts they signed today. The Wings would've been better off working out a trade.

Bodes well for us though, the team they are building doesn't really scare me as a divisional competitor. I'm a bit baffled at the type of players that they have been targeting in free agency.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I propose:
DeBrincat and Joseph
For
Buchnevich and Kapanen

The cap works, we get a Dcat replacement, and out of the Joseph contract.

Reactions: Que

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
As a wings fan, I just feel this entire Debrincat has worked out awfully for both teams

Sens don’t really have the flexibility to shop free agents with Debrincat still on the team

The wings go shopping for legit idiots today when they could spend on a young core guy like Debrincat. Entire saga is dumb and I’m over It.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018

In what world do you trade Batherson. That would be a stupid move, he’s probably the best value player this team has.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
I propose:
DeBrincat and Joseph
For
Buchnevich and Kapanen

The cap works, we get a Dcat replacement, and out of the Joseph contract.

I would really like that if it was on the table, Buchnevich is a really good player. I would just want to know beforehand that he'd be open to re-signing here otherwise we'd be in an almost identical situation next year with Buchnevich being a year away from unrestricted free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad