Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Dufour is really their only prospect, and he’s not exactly a top end guy.

Pageau isn’t much more than a cap dump, still serviceable without a doubt, will fit in on the Sens, but if offered around the league would not return anything.

Would have to thinn a 1st protected as well.

Not much to be excited about from the Islanders from me, realistically, but just getting the trade done and over with is a large positive.
Pager at 3.75 (25% retained) is good value. He has single handedly won playoff games. I’d welcome him back with open arms. Plus Wahlstrom is your 3rd line winger on the left.

Sign Dumba with the savings and call it a day.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Wahlstrom, 2024 1st and 2024 2nd would be sufficient for me.
You’re gonna eat salary on a deal with cat if you want a good return. The same package will require you to take pageau at 100% salary IMO. But I’d take that deal. I’d throw in a Lassi if he has any value to gain some retention (15-20%). Or keep the 2nd and retain.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
At this time it’s a 3 way deal with New York for DeBrincat.

Still possible but we’d need to have a team eat 50% of Pageau’s contract to make it work.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Why you so obsessed with Dumba? Not gonna happen my friend lol
Bite your tongue! Why?! Canadian RHD who got unfairly shit on but logged top 4 minutes and was a good defensive defender. Biggest complaint from wild fans? He has no offence anymore. What’s not to like on buying low on a minute eater?

Mayfield just got re-signed. If you get Dumba for that cost you take it. He’s more valuable than Zub.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It would be nice to just get this over with, I'd trade DBC to Detroit just so it no longer hangs over this team for Boston's 1st, Kubalik & Dallas 4th. Kubalik would be a decent DBC replacement, he has good size & wheels & had 45 pts last yr & with Batherson & Norris could create a decent 2nd line & most importantly he would be cheap to re-sign. They should re-sign him immediately when acquiring him before he has a great season & demands more.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
We really gotta figure out this trade.

Our bottom 6 sucks, our bottom pairing sucks, and we’re losing a top 6 winger.

Gotta see what we can fill via the return, and that will give us an idea of what else we can spend in FA

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Bite your tongue! Why?! Canadian RHD who got unfairly shit on but logged top 4 minutes and was a good defensive defender. Biggest complaint from wild fans? He has no offence anymore. What’s not to like on buying low on a minute eater?

Mayfield just got re-signed. If you get Dumba for that cost you take it. He’s more valuable than Zub.

Just his cap hit doesn’t work here that’s all

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
We really gotta figure out this trade.

Our bottom 6 sucks, our bottom pairing sucks, and we’re losing a top 6 winger.

Gotta see why we can fill via the return, and that will give us an idea of what else we can spend in FA
I wouldn't say our bottom pairing sucks. With Pinto on 3rd line and hopefully greig or Sokolov taking a step the bottom 6 may not be that bad either. We need the goaltenders to have decent seasons and obviously we need replacement for d-cat. I am still positive we could improve from last year but DJ and PD should be on hot seats I would hope..

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Don't think the Isles have the prospects we'd want, but there still could be a deal there if they include an unprotected 1st. Before they acquire Cat, they need to ship out some contracts or we have to be cool with taking on someone like Pageau, Palmieri, Nelson (assuming they're good with coming to Ottawa) or some of their bottom 6 guys like Clutterbuck, Johnston or Martin.

I'd be fine with Palimeri or Nelson, but Pageau is overpaid for what he brings to the table right now.

Oct 10, 2010
I’d rather keep cat for 1 year ( and pay to move Joseph ) over Pageau for 3 at 5M per unless the Islanders are significantly adding to the package.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I’d rather keep cat for 1 year ( and pay to move Joseph ) over Pageau for 3 at 5M per unless the Islanders are significantly adding to the package.

There would be more to the deal without a doubt. Pageau would be a good fit here but still for the Isles he's more of a cap dump.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
People keep talking like it's an option to keep DeBrincat, but I really don't see how it's viable. Even if Cat signed for 7M and Pinto for 2M, the team is 500k over the cap with 12F, 6D, and 2G. And Cat and Pinto will likely make significantly more than 9M between the two of them. I don't even think they'd have space if they paid someone to take Joseph and replaced him with a league min salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad