Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dorion letting DBC dealing with other teams basically means they have a deal in place that makes sense. This is happening today or tomorrow.
Other team it would make sense.

Other teams means they’re probably just loooing to get a trade fine.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Other team it would make sense.

Other teams means they’re probably just loooing to get a trade fine.

It might be a spelling thing. I think they have a team in mind and that team is where he's going. They might have a deal with 1-2 teams in place...

They said "some teams" not all teams.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Garrioch says that he has permission to talk to a few teams for an extension. No one is offering him the term he wanted.

Maybe he comes back around to Ottawa?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It might be a spelling thing. I think they have a team in mind and that team is where he's going. They might have a deal with 1-2 teams in place...

They said "some teams" not all teams.
Could also be an attempt to change DeBrincat's perspective on what his value around the league might be. Just let them talk and feel out the market. Grass isn't always greener.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Might be true but after having so many issues on D for basically a decade you don't take that risk and deal Zub IMO.
Agreed. A deal would only realistically happen at the end of the year. This year I could easily see Branny being moved and a vet brought in at league min

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Wonder what sort of contract he'd have gotten if he were a UFA today? I suspect short term at a number well below his 9M QO. Maybe even below his cut down arb number of 7.65M.
In this market and looking at the signings for some pretty good players, I'd really wonder if he'd get the $7.65 m.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
“No teams are offering what we are. Need to reevaluate what you can get DBC”

Why, Sens, are no team offering what we are.

Let’s get him signed to that deal, rest of the league can suck it, what do they know

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dufour is really their only prospect, and he’s not exactly a top end guy.

Pageau isn’t much more than a cap dump, still serviceable without a doubt, will fit in on the Sens, but if offered around the league would not return anything.

Would have to thinn a 1st protected as well.

Not much to be excited about from the Islanders from me, realistically, but just getting the trade done and over with is a large positive.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Dufour is really their only prospect, and he’s not exactly a top end guy.

Pageau isn’t much more than a cap dump, still serviceable without a doubt, will fit in on the Sens, but if offered around the league would not return anything.

Would have to thinn a 1st protected as well.

Not much to be excited about from the Islanders from me, realistically, but just getting the trade done and over with is a large positive.

Maggio is their best prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad