Alex Burmistrov (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Perhaps Chevy has a deal in place to include Burmi in a trade, and wants to brief Liut, and allow them an opportunity to talk with Burmie on a new deal.

Talking with his agent could still mean a trade will be made at the draft. Or he's signing. Could be anything, but dialogue does mean something is likely to happen soon, imo.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Perhaps Chevy has a deal in place to include Burmi in a trade, and wants to brief Liut, and allow them an opportunity to talk with Burmie on a new deal.

Talking with his agent could still mean a trade will be made at the draft. Or he's signing. Could be anything, but dialogue does mean something is likely to happen soon, imo.

Just so it's clear, Burmi can talk with any team about a contract right now. He is RFA. There's no need for Jet's permission, any team could work out a deal with him right now.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

If the umors of Burmi being a locker room problem are true, I would want the Jets to trade him. They have done well without him, and he can still fetch a good return.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
If the umors of Burmi being a locker room problem are true, I would want the Jets to trade him. They have done well without him, and he can still fetch a good return.

It was two years ago and under the 'leadership' of Noel, to which pretty well everyone on the team shot out their own tires. It is a totally different ballgame these days and I am very interested to have Burmi back, He would be dynamite with Ehlers and Lowry.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

I doubt he would fetch much player wise or pick wise unless he is packaged with a pick or player. On his own maybe a 4th rounder and semi-legit prospect.

If someone offer sheeted him at 1.8 million a season it would only cost a 3rd rounder.

I like Burmi but his return value alone in a deal is not much.

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
It was two years ago and under the 'leadership' of Noel, to which pretty well everyone on the team shot out their own tires. It is a totally different ballgame these days and I am very interested to have Burmi back, He would be dynamite with Ehlers and Lowry.

There was also stories of him having problems with his coach in Russia according to 1290 s Russian expert.

jetkarma*

There was also stories of him having problems with his coach in Russia according to 1290 s Russian expert.

I am willing to have him back but only if he has decided to be a team first player .

There have been multiple reports touching on maturity , entitlement issues , effort and being standoffish. Almost all mentions of Burmistrov in the last few months mention something along those lines , some more strongly . This is from local media , national media and international sources .

He has to want to be back for the right reasons , truly want that . If he does then he indeed can be a nice asset . It's up to him , but it can't just be saying it , it has to be real .

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
I am willing to have him back but only if he has decided to be a team first player .

There have been multiple reports touching on maturity , entitlement issues , effort and being standoffish. Almost all mentions of Burmistrov in the last few months mention something along those lines , some more strongly . This is from local media , national media and international sources .

He has to want to be back for the right reasons , truly want that . If he does then he indeed can be a nice asset . It's up to him , but it can't just be saying it , it has to be real .

Even if he was those things, then the Jets should still get him under contract, Maurice will use him in situations for him to succeed to increase his value, Brown will nudge-nudge/wink-wink his friends in the media about how great Burmi's newfound character is (for publication), and then Chevy will rip off some rube GM in a trade like he did with Buffalo.

Either way, whether Burmi is a short term or long term answer, having him under contract and back in the NHL only strengthens the organization.

jetkarma*

Even if he was those things, then the Jets should still get him under contract, Maurice will use him in situations for him to succeed to increase his value, Brown will nudge-nudge/wink-wink his friends in the media about how great Burmi's newfound character is (for publication), and then Chevy will rip off some rube GM in a trade like he did with Buffalo.

Either way, whether Burmi is a short term or long term answer, having him under contract and back in the NHL only strengthens the organization.

Having under contractis a positive imo , I totally disagree about him playing for the Jets if there are still the issues that were present before , or if he doesn't want to buy in. It's up to him and I would suspect Chevy would not prefer to have him on the roster and be part of the team unless he felt it was for the right reasons , which have been mentioned . Honestly , he's at a crossroads as a player I believe,it's an important time for him .

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think that Burmi wasn't the only player that had issues with Noel and his odd "communication" style. It takes quite a bit for a story to surface of a tense "dispute" like we heard regarding Ladd vs. Noel. Ladd's a pretty stable guy, but obviously got very frustrated with Noel. I expect he was reflecting the sentiments of others on the team, too.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I think that Burmi wasn't the only player that had issues with Noel and his odd "communication" style. It takes quite a bit for a story to surface of a tense "dispute" like we heard regarding Ladd vs. Noel. Ladd's a pretty stable guy, but obviously got very frustrated with Noel. I expect he was reflecting the sentiments of others on the team, too.

I can't find it but in a recent Olli interview he mentions numerous players butting heads with Noel.

jetkarma*

With Noel out of the equation the pattern continued though , and from what has been reported the maturity and team first approach hasn't improved .

That however may save the Jets some dollars , but most importantly is if returns to play for Winnipeg he needs to buy in to the team first mantra.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
With Noel out of the equation the pattern continued though , and from what has been reported the maturity and team first approach hasn't improved .

That however may save the Jets some dollars , but most importantly is if returns to play for Winnipeg he needs to buy in to the team first mantra.

What pattern continued? I am also unsure where you are sourcing the maturity and team first stuff.

jetkarma*

What pattern continued? I am also unsure where you are sourcing the maturity and team first stuff.

Eliminating any non public information, virtually EVERY person speaking about Burmistrov in the last while meantions he needs to be more of a team player , be willing to accept direction better .

Seriously , you think there has been no issues he's responsible for ?

Brian Lawton , Brian Munz , Adam Proteau are just three this week that have said that . Now , they aren't coming out like others have and being more direct and forceful but it is the same pattern they are bring up .

Did you not want to or bother to read the article that Arto Palovaara wrote about him a while back ? it wasn't the first piece where he's held his behaviour accountable. Then there's Slava Malamud who's also been critical of him . Those are independent journalists covering the KHL.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the Jets sign Burmi to play with the Jets, it will be evident that they believe that they have the coaching and player leadership to manage and mold him. I'm pretty sure they've thought this through.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Burmi's poor attitude, and lack of maturity is probably the prevailing talking point whenever he is discussed on local sports radio. Less so in other forms of media. From what I have heard and seen.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Burmi's poor attitude, and lack of maturity is probably the prevailing talking point whenever he is discussed on local sports radio. Less so in other forms of media. From what I have heard and seen.

Local media are also famous (infamous) for touting Pavelec as a good goaltender. Local media are good if you haven't had your stupe quota for the day.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This whole Burmi attitude has become an internet meme.

He went from having a couple of maturity issues to becoming this monster. Everyone is feeding into it and it's now some kind of internet 'fact'.

IF the Jets sign and play him, I have full confidence that it is way overblown. I don't think this org would welcome him back if he was the baby kicker he's being painted to be.

:laugh:

Who woulda thunk a young rich hockey player would be anything short of absolutely mature?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Yes, that line would be incredible. Probably wouldn't be labelled a third line after a short time!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
This whole Burmi attitude has become an internet meme.

He went from having a couple of maturity issues to becoming this monster. Everyone is feeding into it and it's now some kind of internet 'fact'.

IF the Jets sign and play him, I have full confidence that it is way overblown. I don't think this org would welcome him back if he was the baby kicker he's being painted to be.

:laugh:

Who woulda thunk a young rich hockey player would be anything short of absolutely mature?

I was going to say the same thing. I think the story just rolled along and gathered steam until we reach a point where now everyone says he's untradeable and wouldn't help the team. Both of which I believe to be untrue.

The more you repeat a story, the sooner you start to believe it.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
He played shinny with some kids once. He's a good guy I tell ya! A rink-rat, I hear. Sign him for a few mil. :)

Hell I played shinny with kids once and am told I am a good guy. Sign me for 2 mil please.

Don't care really as long as he is coach-able. You can expect a lot of young players to be immature, sure. But at this level, I don't think it's too much to ask for them to be coach-able.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad