Alex Burmistrov (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So what kind of free agent would a 1 year make him at the end? The whole thing about when they become RFA's or UFA's has always confused me.

He'll still be an RFA just like he is now. The difference is he will be able to file for arbitration after he plays 1 more season. Currently he doesn't have that right. When he does it greatly increases his bargaining power. He won't become UFA until he is 27.(4 more years)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He'll still be an RFA just like he is now. The difference is he will be able to file for arbitration after he plays 1 more season. Currently he doesn't have that right. When he does it greatly increases his bargaining power. He won't become UFA until he is 27.(4 more years)

While this is all true, arbitration won't help him much unless he plays well. It has historically been about counting stats as much as anything.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
While this is all true, arbitration won't help him much unless he plays well. It has historically been about counting stats as much as anything.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Not a lot of comparable situations to this one.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I thought the rules for arbitration were that they could only pull stats from the NHL website. Now that the NHL website has possession stats, wont that change what can and cant be used to make arguments in arbitration?

It might change how arbiters argue cases, leading to a deviation from historical norm.

I'm just going off heresay on this one, so I'm probably completely wrong ;).

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I thought the rules for arbitration were that they could only pull stats from the NHL website. Now that the NHL website has possession stats, wont that change what can and cant be used to make arguments in arbitration?

It might change how arbiters argue cases, leading to a deviation from historical norm.

I'm just going off heresay on this one, so I'm probably completely wrong ;).

You are correct.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So what kind of free agent would a 1 year make him at the end? The whole thing about when they become RFA's or UFA's has always confused me.

The general rule is that you become a UFA after 7 seasons in the NHL, or when you're 27 years old. Obviously after your contract expires. There are some other rules, but they don't come into play very often.

Most important is to remember that as long as you're a RFA, you are not eligible to be put on waivers.

*runs and hides*

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Rick Ralph ‏@RickRalphTSN
#NHLJets Chevy on Burmistrov "we've had some conversations and will look to continue to have those." Will speak in the next couple of days.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
It will be interesting to see how this affects arbitration hearings over the next few years.

There was a lot of talk about this when the NHL announced their new stat tracking technology.
I definately think that it will change player values in arbitration substantially.

"Yes you put up points but your possesion is awful".
"I don't score a pile but the other team score even less when I'm on the ice."

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Rick Ralph ‏@RickRalphTSN
#NHLJets Chevy on Burmistrov "we've had some conversations and will look to continue to have those." Will speak in the next couple of days.

I wish Chevy kept information more confidential! He's way to un-professional airing out all his laundry in the public media!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
“He does want to come back to the NHL and that's pretty clear. We'll see how the talks progress, I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility,†said Cheveldayoff, noting that current head coach Paul Maurice had a discussion with Burmistrov at the 2014 men's world championship. “We still own his rights and when he went to the KHL, we viewed it as the continued development of a young player. He's still a young player and we'll see what opportunities present themselves as we have good dialogue. The situation and the circumstances from two years ago are dramatically different from what they are today. (Burmistrov) is two years older and two years more mature and from our standpoint, we are two years more mature as a franchise.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/06/...burmistrov-and-free-agency-ahead-of-nhl-draft

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
“He does want to come back to the NHL and that's pretty clear. We'll see how the talks progress, I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility,†said Cheveldayoff, noting that current head coach Paul Maurice had a discussion with Burmistrov at the 2014 men's world championship. “We still own his rights and when he went to the KHL, we viewed it as the continued development of a young player. He's still a young player and we'll see what opportunities present themselves as we have good dialogue. The situation and the circumstances from two years ago are dramatically different from what they are today. (Burmistrov) is two years older and two years more mature and from our standpoint, we are two years more mature as a franchise.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/06/...burmistrov-and-free-agency-ahead-of-nhl-draft

Very good. It's looking more and more like we either get a nice young piece for our depth or assets coming back by trading him.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
The Jets do not have a deal in place for Burmistrov. Cheveldayoff, now in Florida needs to meet with agent Mike Liut to further discuss.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I would love to see Burmi come back. I think as Chevy said, he is more mature, and the team is quite different as well. He certainly didn't fit into Noel's system, but I think he's custom made for the team we have now and the players we have now.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
The Jets do not have a deal in place for Burmistrov. Cheveldayoff, now in Florida needs to meet with agent Mike Liut to further discuss.

Chevy simply needs to know burmistrovs intentions before the draft. If he will not sign with the Jets it is best to move him at the draft. I have a feeling hey wants to move up.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Chevy will resign him, it makes sense for all parties involved.

If Burmi and his agents hope he is moved to another team, a cheap 2 year deal makes him more marketable. If he wants to remain with us, same deal.

I would be shocked if he is not resigned prior to draft night. Chevy holds all the cards here, and I doubt he will get much resistance from camp Burmi if he slides an offer over for 2 years, 1.0 to 1.3ish mill per.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chevy said himself that he intends to have further discussions with Burmies agent. I'm bit sure why Dregger is repeating what we already know. It must be a slow news day lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad