Adam Larsson..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think he plays a lot more physical than people thought. The only problem is it causes him to get caught going for the hit. He will eventually learn better timing and when to hit or not to.

He is definitely more physical than I expected, and in that regard the Lidstrom comparison is totally off.

His decision making is already decent, but I expect it to get better as he gets more experience.

Flame Demers*

Couturier would've been our 2nd best choice IMO out of all the prospects who were rated in the top #10, outside of RNH, who was going #1 overall all along.

with the way the devils turned out post strike... stevens gone, neidermayer going to play w/ bro, and the decline of marty,,,rafalski gone and martin,,, u need to draft a stud D..

in 3 years when this kid is the best defenseman in the eastern conferance, no won will b crying on these boards...

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

with the way the devils turned out post strike... stevens gone, neidermayer going to play w/ bro, and the decline of marty,,,rafalski gone and martin,,, u need to draft a stud D..

in 3 years when this kid is the best defenseman in the eastern conferance, no won will b crying on these boards...

That's why I said option #2... since we got option #1.

apice3*

I haven't seen Larsson get coned yet this year. He's always moving. Never stationary.

I have seen him try to play the body in 1-on-1 situations get completely missing though. That's been his most prominent flaw, IMO.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
He is so good with making those passes when pressure is coming to the guy next to him and away from the pressure. Occasionally a bad outlet pass comes off his stick but I'm hoping he learns to pick those a little better once he hit 20. Still, amazing dman.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I've mentioned this in two other threads now, but this one is probably where it should have gone in the first place.

Against the Jets, he made a play that very few D men could make. He and Little were racing for the puck in the corner (D zone). Larsson wedged his way between Little and the boards, picked up the puck at which point he was hit by a second player. In the scrum he ends up with one hand on his stick, but still retains possession on the puck with two guys draped over him. He stickhandled with one hand, maintained possession, then made a break out pass with still just one hand on his stick. No other D man on the team could have made that play had they tried it 100 times in practice.

Those are the things that get me so excited about his future. He makes rookie mistakes, and they're to be expected, but you see things from him that an 18 year old should not be able to do. Things that are all but impossible to teach. His future is very bright.

apice3*

I've mentioned this in two other threads now, but this one is probably where it should have gone in the first place.

Against the Jets, he made a play that very few D men could make. He and Little were racing for the puck in the corner (D zone). Larsson wedged his way between Little and the boards, picked up the puck at which point he was hit by a second player. In the scrum he ends up with one hand on his stick, but still retains possession on the puck with two guys draped over him. He stickhandled with one hand, maintained possession, then made a break out pass with still just one hand on his stick. No other D man on the team could have made that play had they tried it 100 times in practice.

Those are the things that get me so excited about his future. He makes rookie mistakes, and they're to be expected, but you see things from him that an 18 year old should not be able to do. Things that are all but impossible to teach. His future is very bright.

I'd like to see a clip of this. Perhaps you could let Nick know what portion of the game this happened in and we can get a gif out of it.

He does so many things that go unnoticed that are amazing. That extra second he has makes me nervous given his age and the fact that we haven't had that in a while. This kid is going to be awesome.

kiwidevil

He seems to only really make mistakes when he has lot's of time. As he tries to make a breakout pass to the opposite blue line. His passing and subtle touches in traffic are fantastic.

When he find his rhythm, his points will come. He is getting some great shots off too.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd like to see a clip of this. Perhaps you could let Nick know what portion of the game this happened in and we can get a gif out of it.

He does so many things that go unnoticed that are amazing. That extra second he has makes me nervous given his age and the fact that we haven't had that in a while. This kid is going to be awesome.

Geez I forget when it happened. Pretty sure it was the second half of the game, but nothing of significance happened immediately before or after IIRC, so I doubt it will be on any highlights. I just remember pointing it out as I was watching and thinking "he didn't really just do that, did he?". Now it's not like he juked out the entire Jets team and sprung a breakaway or anything; just a little one-handed stickhandle and short pass. So, like you mentioned, it's one of those little plays that goes unnoticed but is so important if you want to win.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Geez I forget when it happened. Pretty sure it was the second half of the game, but nothing of significance happened immediately before or after IIRC, so I doubt it will be on any highlights. I just remember pointing it out as I was watching and thinking "he didn't really just do that, did he?". Now it's not like he juked out the entire Jets team and sprung a breakaway or anything; just a little one-handed stickhandle and short pass. So, like you mentioned, it's one of those little plays that goes unnoticed but is so important if you want to win.

i don't remember the point of the game that was in but i remember that play happening. so you're not seeing things lol i'm just backing you up. it was one of those things that i saw but didn't really believe it actually happened. just an insane play.

MartysBetter

Do it for Yanni
Mar 13, 2011
16W
When we drafted him everyone was saying "one of the most NHL-ready" as if it were a bad word and we were drafting a plug in without potential, but thinking about how good this kid is going to be once he is a little more polished is giving me wood.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Yanno, the Sami Salo comparison was pretty on point. Salo's big, skates well, knows how to use his body, has a great shot, and can QB a power play. He's almost the anti-Lidstrom. If not for his ridiculous injury history, Salo wouldn't have nearly the negative connotation he does now.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
these salo comparisons are great and all, but he has to start showing more gumption in the shot category to earn such comparisons.

Oroku Saki*

The play which USH is talking about was a very simple swipe on the puck to move it to one of the forwards to start the breakout. It was while he was being pressured which is what made it a simple, yet brilliant play. So much poise.

And Sami Salo is an excellent defenseman. He has just been plagued with injuries. Larsson has some of the same attributes but you can already tell he is going to be much better.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The kid is 18 years of age... enough said. As long as Big Bird is on board, I'm liking our chances that we'll eventually have a Norris candidate on our hands.

apice3*

Larsson really needs to learn how to McIlrath his Jessiman if he ever wants to make it in this league.

Lord Ned Stark*

Ted is the resident Swedish class clown while larsson is the resident swedish serial killer.

Kershaw

Adam Larsson. The next Michael Del Zotto.

One sophomore slump indicates that MDZ is a bust?

Please do not lump him in with this discussion about Adam Larsson, and Del Zotto has played very well this year. Logging up 23+ mins consistently while being a presence on the powerplay and starting odd man rushes. He will likely be a top pairing defenseman in his prime if he continues to develop well.

If this post is meant to degrade MDZ, wrong player to choose since he's also gonna be a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad