Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
If he fell because he wasn't going to sign with teams or finish college as people have speculated I wonder why the Rangers didn't draft him?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

damn wish the Rangers could draft stud gems like that

Feels like because he already won one already.

I have no worries, though. If Fox continues playing like he is and knows he can, the voting will reflect that in the nominations.
He's gonna need more points, unfortunately the forwards he sets up beautifully every game can't hit hit water if they fell out of a boat. He's gonna have to start scoring goals himself like he did last night

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Feels like because he already won one already.

I have no worries, though. If Fox continues playing like he is and knows he can, the voting will reflect that in the nominations.
That won't stop Makar from being in the running or at least mentioned for the rest of his career. Makar is flashy and fast, looks way more impressive to people watching highlights.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If he's within spitting distance points wise he has a shot, writers have been paying more attention to underlying stats lately and Fox is the best all around defenseman in the NHL this season.

If Karlsson keeps up the insane point totals though then that'll probably beat Fox out. Dahlin might also edge him out with more points and better than Karlsson defense.

will be interesting to see how it goes.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
That won't stop Makar from being in the running or at least mentioned for the rest of his career. Makar is flashy and fast, looks way more impressive to people watching highlights.

Makar is the super-hot girl who you date for a few months and have a great time with. Fox is the less attractive girl who you have deep conversations and connect with for life -- and still have a great time with.

Scholars of the sport, after watching Fox cerebral opponents with fifth-dimensional calculus, say he's way more impressive.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Makar is the super-hot girl who you date for a few months and have a great time with. Fox is the less attractive girl who you have deep conversations and connect with for life -- and still have a great time with.

Scholars of the sport, after watching Fox cerebral opponents with fifth-dimensional calculus, say he's way more impressive.

Having dated both, this is absolutely spot on.

Dude is a legend. And please, a non 'smoke show' with a giant brain, great ideas and who you have a great time with? AWL DAY PLEASE.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Great players have great performances. The true elite players win games by themselves.

Fox pulled this team across the finish line last night.

Don't get me wrong, I thought we played well, but it was just one of those nights. Fox just refused. He told the puck luck monster to f*** off and made a game between 38 pro players all about him.

Not many in the league can do that.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Foxy is probably the only reason I’m still watching this team right now.

I know that sounds dramatic, our record isn’t bad and we’ve been playing decent hockey.

I just find the team so f***ing boring, predictable and flavorless. Panarin is like the awesome cheese fries you had the night before and brought home but then someone microwaved them and now they’re soggy and disappointing. There’s no flash on offense, no power forward bully, no sizzling sniper, no big hitter. Shesterkin makes some great saves but is also more human. The allure of “maybe this will
be the game when one of the kids finally goes off” has long since faded.

There’s just the Fox show. Guest appearances from Miller are sweet too.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Foxy is probably the only reason I’m still watching this team right now.

I know that sounds dramatic, our record isn’t bad and we’ve been playing decent hockey.

I just find the team so f***ing boring, predictable and flavorless. Panarin is like the awesome cheese fries you had the night before and brought home but then someone microwaved them and now they’re soggy and disappointing. There’s no flash on offense, no power forward bully, no sizzling sniper, no big hitter. Shesterkin makes some great saves but is also more human. The allure of “maybe this will
be the game when one of the kids finally goes off” has long since faded.

There’s just the Fox show. Guest appearances from Miller are sweet too.

This 100%

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Would you give Fox the “C”? Or will it nerf him as it’s done to Trouba??

I’d give him an A and not risk the “burden” of the C on a guy who is leading the team one way or the other.

I’d strip Zib, K and Trouba in a heart beat. Fox with an A, Miller with an A, Lindgren with an A. No C because this team clearly doesn’t have one.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great players have great performances. The true elite players win games by themselves.

Fox pulled this team across the finish line last night.

Don't get me wrong, I thought we played well, but it was just one of those nights. Fox just refused. He told the puck luck monster to f*** off and made a game between 38 pro players all about him.

Not many in the league can do that.

Seeing that Fox goal in person, I had to immediately go to the bathroom to clean up.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I’d give him an A and not risk the “burden” of the C on a guy who is leading the team one way or the other.

I’d strip Zib, K and Trouba in a heart beat. Fox with an A, Miller with an A, Lindgren with an A. No C because this team clearly doesn’t have one.
You can criticize Trouba for not playing at his best, but since his helmet throw/interview, they have been much better. Isn't that what captains do? Rally the team to be better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad