Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You and I are probably looking at the same stats. He's pacing for a career high 168 shots. Not much greater than last year's 158, but I often complain that he doesn't shoot, especially on the power play.
his shots/60 is slightly down. Actually shot the most his rookie season.

he definitely needs to shoot more on the PP. Whether it's for deflections or to score... I wonder what his one timer/slapshot looks like

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Shot 10% in 20 playoff games.

The guy is the real deal and totally pacing for 20ish goals.

And I have a feeling that Karlsson guy won't keep it up.
Not worried about Karlsson. Plus he's a disaster defensively. Don't care if he leads in points. He shouldn't receive a single 3rd place or higher vote with how bad he has been

Best in the game I don’t wanna hear about Pizzaface Dahlin or rosy cheeks Makar or old Pirate Karlsson. Fox Mogs them all
especially when it comes to chin/jaw

• Haha
Reactions: will1066 and Peltz

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
People are so dumb. They think size and speed is everything. The idea that K'andre was better than Fox either offensively or defensively was beyond stupid.
And even though this may be true, KAM has not been a dman all his career, surely will improve. But Fox is simply on another planet in which there are very few visitors.
Imagine if Fox had KAM's size and speed OR if KAM had Foxy's instincts/IQ/brain.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Best in the game I don’t wanna hear about Pizzaface Dahlin or rosy cheeks Makar or old Pirate Karlsson. Fox Mogs them all

While this is going on...

Sabres board: Best in the game I don't wanna hear about The Chin Fox or rosy cheeks Makar or old Pirate Karlsson. Dahlin is Sweder than them all
Sharks board: Best in the game I don't wanna hear about The Chin Fox or rosy cheeks Makar or Pizzaface Dahlin. EK65 4 Life
Avs board: Best in the game I don't wanna hear about The Chin Fox or Pizzaface Dahlin or old Pirate Karlsson. To be Da Man, ya gotta Beat Da Man. Wooo!

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

Sabres board: Best in the game I don't wanna hear about The Chin Fox or rosy cheeks Makar or old Pirate Karlsson. Dahlin is Sweder than them all
Sharks board: Best in the game I don't wanna hear about The Chin Fox or rosy cheeks Makar or Pizzaface Dahlin. EK65 4 Life
Avs board: Best in the game I don't wanna hear about The Chin Fox or Pizzaface Dahlin or old Pirate Karlsson. To be Da Man, ya gotta Beat Da Man. Wooo!

Chin rulez

Reactions: will1066

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Yeah except the only ones with a legit case are Fox and Makar.

Reactions: egelband

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Dahlin is having a great season but isn't/never was generational. Neither is Makar imo. Lindstrom and Orr were generational. They far eclipsed their peers.
I honestly think you can make some arguments about whether you should really define Lidstrom like that.

Regardless, let's revisit whether the modern ones are generational in ten years. Doing it year in and year out is what will define that.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I honestly think you can make some arguments about whether you should really define Lidstrom like that.

Regardless, let's revisit whether the modern ones are generational in ten years. Doing it year in and year out is what will define that.
I just don't see it in any of the current D. Look at Orr's numbers in the link below. In a span of 4 seasons he had 61%, 87%, 49%, 78% more production than the second highest scoring D. Nobody is touching that. For example lets say the second highest scoring D in the league has 90 pts. For someone to match one of Orr's relatively least productive seasons the top scoring D would have to score 137 pts and 172 pts to match the most productive season.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I just don't see it in any of the current D. Look at Orr's numbers in the link below. In a span of 4 seasons he had 61%, 87%, 49%, 78% more production than the second highest scoring D. Nobody is touching that. For example lets say the second highest scoring D in the league has 90 pts. For someone to match one of Orr's relatively least productive seasons the top scoring D would have to score 137 pts and 172 pts to match the most productive season.

That's because "Percent above next" is a terrible measure. It's much easier to be far ahead, percentage wise, in a high scoring environment than a low one. Especially so in a time with more PPs and with far less puck moving style defenseman. You had a much smaller player pool in those days (less Europeans) and fewer teams in the league. It was a lot easier to be far ahead of anyone else.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Adam “Norris“ Fox has a fist under that chin!

90FCDA4E-66CB-43A1-8F05-41933A5420B2.gif

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I mean I think your'e setting yourself up to say there's no way any current player could ever be generational. I dont' think it's possible tohave that big of a gap anymore because the overall talent has come up and better training, coaching, tactics, etc, all level things out a bit. You still have guys who are clearly stop of the league elite and better than other players (Like McDavid) but the kinds of gaps in talent we saw in the days of Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, etc, are not possible in the modern game IMO.

So you're left basically saying that no one can ever be generational again which feels more like hero worshiping the past than evaluating the new players fairly

e: regarding Fox it'll be fascinating to watch his career and I wonder how his game will age. His hockey IQ is so stupid good that I could see him having a lidstrom like career and being that good deep into the end of it

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
He has 19 points in 17 games and it's like, it's just f***in Wednesday.

Ho hum.

Five ass even strength goals. That's insane for a defenseman at this stage.

His ability to know when to jump in deep and finish when he does is viper-like.
But is he generational?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad