Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
rough year like in an actual calendar year, or to be more precise, I saw a major difference shortly after his extension.

This is not saying he's a bad player. He's just not playing to the level he's already shown us.

Eh, he signed the extension right after the Seattle game which was nearly a year ago. (I was at that game and on my way back from the airport when they announced the extension on the Michael Kay Show).

He was great most of last season until the injury, and he was very good in the playoffs (he was money in both game 7s).

It's really early, the team hasn't gelled. He'll probably end up with somewhere between 65-80 points.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Not sure where my thread got closed. It’s ridiculous the oversensitivity here give it a rest and f***ing grow up.
Imagine if every1 could post a thread aboit a player and why x poster thinks a small sample is representative of their entire career going forward? We'd have every thread buried. You even immediately came here bc u know you're supposed to use the players actual thread. Cmon u know it has nothing to do w oversensitivity otherwise your post would be removed here too

Reactions: NickyFotiu

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I think he's been great for the most part. Defense tends to be a position that gets overly criticized. As a defenseman so much of what you're doing is mitigation and in the other direction, it's so dependent on what's available to you--ie what your forwards are doing. Fox has been pretty much vintage, dominant by any statistic you want to start the year (except, oddly enough PP points).

I think playing less than he did his Norris year effects his perception. There's just less volume of jaw dropping plays to watch now. That's a good thing overall though, as millers ascendence will only help the team. I also think that deep down people still want fox to be everything he isn't (big and fast). His strengths, like any player, are exactly what burn him when he gets burned (happens to every player). He sometimes waits too long, sometimes he makes a read that was correct until a bounce changes the outcome he was anticipating. Idk I think he's pretty much continued to be a superstar, top 3 player at his position. But jmo.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Foxy trying to get himself another Norris?

3rd in points among Dmen with 16 points in 15 games.

He's looked fantastic as of late again(not that he was playing poor beforehand either).

Defenseman scoring on the team:

Fox - 16 points
The rest - 14 points

Miller - 4
Trouba - 4
Jones - 2
Lindgren - 2
Schneider - 1
Hajek - 1

:laugh:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Foxy trying to get himself another Norris?

3rd in points among Dmen with 16 points in 15 games.

He's looked fantastic as of late again(not that he was playing poor beforehand either).

Defenseman scoring on the team:

Fox - 16 points
The rest - 14 points

Miller - 4
Trouba - 4
Jones - 2
Lindgren - 2
Schneider - 1
Hajek - 1

:laugh:
The guy is an amazing talent, end of story.
There will be those waiting for a slip up to tell us how he isn't "the same player".
Go watch some of the other "Norris" guys. You will have a new found appreciation of Fox.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think Fox is certainly going to be in the Norris conversation if he keeps playing like this. I said it at the beginning of the year - he has a chance to be a 90+ point defenseman. His defense has really been excellent lately as well after a shaky start.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I think Fox is a generational talent for the reason that there is no other defenseman (or even forward for that matter) who can emulate some of the stuff he does on the ice. Makar if healthy will probably always be the front runner as his production is slightly higher but the healthy thing is a big caveat

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
KAM's rise hasn't been the leap off the lunar module type jump that some predicted so far. Or the Reavo call out of him pre season.

It's been a bit of a side step for me. Not worse. Not better. I think his game with get better but in slower increments than the pre season hype.

Fox has been absolutely outstanding. Some of those passes he made last night are elite types.
Not the kind of stuff that's in Miller's toolbox.

When you mention elite "vision", this cat has got it in spades.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
KAM's rise hasn't been the leap off the lunar module type jump that some predicted so far. Or the Reavo call out of him pre season.

It's been a bit of a side step for me. Not worse. Not better. I think his game with get better but in slower increments than the pre season hype.

Fox has been absolutely outstanding. Some of those passes he made last night are elite types.
Not the kind of stuff that's in Miller's toolbox.

When you mention elite "vision", this cat has got it in spades.
but he's short and skinny zo obviously KM > Fox

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Norris level offense in my opinion but I'd still like to see him improve in other areas at times. Still there are no perfect players. His good greatly outweighs the hiccups.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I think a lot of people forgot how good he really is because he played through injury for basically the entire second half of last season. He was easily our best skater in the playoffs once he finally looked healthy again.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Was thinking in the first period how the Rangers could use more from Fox. We really hadnt seen him dominate play too much.

And then that happened.

He was Norris Adam last night.

Coincidence that Lindgren was back with him? I think not.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Was thinking in the first period how the Rangers could use more from Fox. We really hadnt seen him dominate play too much.

And then that happened.

He was Norris Adam last night.

Coincidence that Lindgren was back with him? I think not.

He was probably better in the Islander game tbh.

Not saying that Lindgren is bad (he isn't), but Fox's success isn't tied to him.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad