Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
no shocker here but in case anyone missed it. the trade is now official

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
5 points in his last 2 games. This kid is the f***ing future.

78017812-D0F7-4714-96BA-49C33DD0F111.jpeg

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Makar and Hughes have kind of undermined what Fox has accomplished so far. Just about any other year and he'd either be the front-runner or in competition for the Calder right now. He's on pace for the same production Dahlin had last season

Reactions: Makar27

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Makar and Hughes have kind of undermined what Fox has accomplished so far

Overshadowed maybe.

Their results havent affected the value of what Fox has contributed.

Calder trophy not a big deal, always a bit random lately who the 3 finalists even are....

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Overshadowed maybe.

Their results havent affected the value of what Fox has contributed.
Overshadowed greatly and rightfully so. But, no. That does not diminish what he has accomplished. That said, the dreaded rookie wall is still out there.

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
Some of his work lately has suggested to me that he's found that wall already; I don't think he's performing at quite the level he was around Thanksgiving. I think he could use a game off here and there as he acclimates to the NHL schedule. Tired hockey players get hurt. I still think he's a total gem.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I gotta be honest at first I was upset that we traded 2 2nd rounders, not because Fox wasn’t worth it but because it was pretty clear he wanted to come here anyway so I felt we could get him for less. However it’s been very well worth it. Has show so much talent and production already.

Reactions: Kakko Schmakko

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I swear Fox hit Buch on this same exact stretch pass 3 times last night. Must be a set play, hard to see players without the puck on TV though. I assume Buch parks on the boards at blue line and swings to the middle at the right time.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
DeAngelo is getting a ton of attention (rightfully so) but Fox himself has been crazy productive.

He went scoreless in his first 6 games but since then has put up 24 points in 36 games, that over the course of a full season comes out to about 55 pts.
As I recall he was setting up quality chances in those games but they were being botched.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
4y9OLNd.png

I know usage plays a role, but his 5on5 dangerous chances against and share of high danger chances are by far the best on the team.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
How is it so different from Lindgren's?

Yeah despite playing a lot together Fox’s numbers go way up away from Lindgren and his go way down.

Probably some combo of usage and Fox just being the guy who carries that pairing, but I’d say More so the latter.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
DeAngelo is getting a ton of attention (rightfully so) but Fox himself has been crazy productive.

He went scoreless in his first 6 games but since then has put up 24 points in 36 games, that over the course of a full season comes out to about 55 pts.
That’s insane for a rookie dman. Between Fox and DeAngelo we are going to be getting a boat load of offense from the back end for a very very long time.

Reactions: CasusBelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad