Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The whole “Fox” thing was used because of his last name but his play is also like a Fox. Very sly and cunning on the puck, and can scheme with the puck and make those precise passes when his prey least expects it. He also sneaks into the play, and will attack the net, love it! That’s how he scored his last goal, but also great pass from Kakko who should be on the top PP unit along with him. Devils players were watching Kakko with the puck, and here comes Fox sneaks in on the side and scores.

That Mika goal a few games back. He slowed the game down, took a look around, and made a quick pass perfectly to Mika. Felt like I was watching a prime Getzlaf.

I think what excites me the most is that it’s only 20 something games into his first NHL season.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Fox over DeAngelo all day long.
Fox is insanely good. There is no shame in being worse than him. You can still be a damn good d-man, even if you’re worse than Fox. I thought he had 1D upside but now he actually has top 5-10 D in the league upside imo. Because he’s basically already a top pairing defenseman. Even though DeAngelo is my favorite player, I could never say that about him unfortunately.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Question to those of you who watch Cale Makar: is he good defensively? How much better or worse is he defensively than Fox?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Question to those of you who watch Cale Makar: is he good defensively? How much better or worse is he defensively than Fox?

Different type of player. But better defensively. Makar is in the category of other worldly when it comes to his skating ability. Can move laterally better than any NHL player.

So he covers more ground, and has better gap control. Doesn't get beat wide.

Fox is still a beast. But different type of player than Makar.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Makar is also more explosive and with a forwards shot. He’s pretty much a D-man version of MacKinnon . Fox doesn’t have great tools which will prevent him from reaching that level but his crazy IQ, passing, and puck control, and good stick work will make him a great player for a long time.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the idea of both fox and ADA together on this blue line for a long time is pretty intoxicating.

these 2 guys together are a matchup nightmare on the PP certainly but even 5v5 their ability to join play and become a 5th forward in the attacking zone- while not being a liability on defense (and yes i mean ADA too here) is what sets them apart.

i mean, how cool is it to have 2 young Dmen who both are in the top 3 or 4 players on rooster when it comes to passing ability, hockey IQ and offensive creativity. these are Dmen !! its crazy.

hey why cant we have both of these guys ?

why choose one over the other ?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
the idea of both fox and ADA together on this blue line for a long time is pretty intoxicating.

these 2 guys together are a matchup nightmare on the PP certainly but even 5v5 their ability to join play and become a 5th forward in the attacking zone- while not being a liability on defense (and yes i mean ADA too here) is what sets them apart.

i mean, how cool is it to have 2 young Dmen who both are in the top 3 or 4 players on rooster when it comes to passing ability, hockey IQ and offensive creativity. these are Dmen !! its crazy.

hey why cant we have both of these guys ?

why choose one over the other ?
Cap space, playing time, and the fact that at 24 I'm still not (and the coaching staff still isn't) trusting ADA out there in key defensive situations?

As I've said a million times now, I don't see anything happening immanently, but I just don't see this team keeping both Fox and ADA – and potentially even Lundkvist – long-term. When all is said and done, I think it's much more likely only one of the three remains (my money is on Fox), and someone like Skinner or Keane (or someone from outside the org) winds up playing on the third pairing RD.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I think Lundkvist will be here for a very long time. His hockey IQ like Fox's is sky high. DeAngelo has done a great job improving. His value in a package deal is probably going to net us a big part of our future. I see Kreider, Fast, Kravtsov, DeAngelo, Howden, Georgiev and Rykov all being players that will potentially be used for 1 or 2 big pieces for the future. Question is when will they deal DeAngelo. If they give him a big contract and Lundkvist plays a year in the AHL and all of sudden he gets lazy with that money, his value will plummet. If he plays hungry and has 50 points at the deadline his value won't get much higher.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think Lundkvist will be here for a very long time. His hockey IQ like Fox's is sky high. DeAngelo has done a great job improving. His value in a package deal is probably going to net us a big part of our future. I see Kreider, Fast, Kravtsov, DeAngelo, Howden, Georgiev and Rykov all being players that will potentially be used for 1 or 2 big pieces for the future. Question is when will they deal DeAngelo. If they give him a big contract and Lundkvist plays a year in the AHL and all of sudden he gets lazy with that money, his value will plummet. If he plays hungry and has 50 points at the deadline his value won't get much higher.
How about we wait and see if Lundkvist can ever be effective in the NHL before we trade away a top offensive right handed defenseman? He still has at least 2 years away, trading DeAngelo at the deadline would be one of the stupidest things possible and makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Cap space, playing time, and the fact that at 24 I'm still not (and the coaching staff still isn't) trusting ADA out there in key defensive situations?

As I've said a million times now, I don't see anything happening immanently, but I just don't see this team keeping both Fox and ADA – and potentially even Lundkvist – long-term. When all is said and done, I think it's much more likely only one of the three remains (my money is on Fox), and someone like Skinner or Keane (or someone from outside the org) winds up playing on the third pairing RD.

Lundkvist could also be trade bait.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For the most part, this season DeAngelo's defensive play has left something to be desired. That is just reality. Now, that does not mean that he does not have a future on the team or that things cannot be mitigated. He an continue to somewhat improve on and he can be paired with a stay at home type, a la Lindgren.

The reality is if Tony, hits that 55 point mark, he will probably force Gorton's hand in this.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the defensively challenged tony deangelo is +1 for the season so far with 19 points in 25 games.

projecting that out for 82 its in the neighborhood of 62 points and on the black side of the +/- thing.

just sayin...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
the defensively challenged tony deangelo is +1 for the season so far with 19 points in 25 games.

projecting that out for 82 its in the neighborhood of 62 points and on the black side of the +/- thing.

just sayin...
I have no problem projecting out points, but +/- is a ridiculous stat in general. I mean Brady Skjei is even and LIbor Hajek is just -1, despite both really fighting it at times. Marc Staal is plus 2! Our guys have generally good +/- numbers this year (other than Kakko) despite being a horrid defensive team.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I have no problem projecting out points, but +/- is a ridiculous stat in general. I mean Brady Skjei is even and LIbor Hajek is just -1, despite both really fighting it at times. Marc Staal is plus 2! Our guys have generally good +/- numbers this year (other than Kakko) despite being a horrid defensive team.

fair enough and i tend to agree

however, the torch and pitchfork crowd would be all over tony if he were -10 or god forbid what kakko is.

dats fo sho

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Different type of player. But better defensively. Makar is in the category of other worldly when it comes to his skating ability. Can move laterally better than any NHL player.

So he covers more ground, and has better gap control. Doesn't get beat wide.

Fox is still a beast. But different type of player than Makar.
So Makar’s skating allows him to be better defensively, but Fox is smarter defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad