Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Disappointing? 600+ NHL games and a Cup

Would you tell me with a straight face if Adam Fox's career followed MDZ's you wouldn't be disappointed? When you quote game numbers and team awards rather than any individual numbers or awards you know the guy is just good enough to play in the NHL and ride the coattails of better players.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Disappointing? 600+ NHL games and a Cup

Uh, was this sarcasm?

Del zotto has been a well below average NHL player in his career after coming out of the gate hot as a Ranger. And the cup thing is hilarious, he didn’t play a single game in those playoffs, he contributed nothing to that team.

It would absolutely be a disappointment, even a bust, if Fox’s career turned out to be like DZs.

Thankfully I don’t think we have to worry about that, he’s way too smart of a player to decline like DZ did

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
In all fairness, Carlson has turned a corner these last 3 seasons (including this one). He's become a 70 point d-man. Before that, he wasn't anywhere near those numbers. He was more a 40 point d-man.

That said, his career has definitely been better than Del Zotto's for sure.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
In all fairness, Carlson has turned a corner these last 3 seasons (including this one). He's become a 70 point d-man. Before that, he wasn't anywhere near those numbers. He was more a 40 point d-man.

Was just looking att Fox, he looks Good (sadly ;) ) but Carlson took of the same year Alzner left Capitals and Carlson got to play with a decent partner. We can pretty much say Alzner held Carlson back.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gonna get heat for this, but I’ve been more excited to see Fox play than Kakko. When I’m watching the games, I am mesmerized with how sly he is on the puck. It’s been a real treat watching this kid.
You're not wrong.

The caveat is that Kakko is 18. Fox probably would have been trash at 18 (matter of fact, I watched him in the WJC; he kinda was lol) and the hope is that Kakko is an elite player in 4 years time.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Just wondering ... how does he compare to MDZ when he started with NYR? He put up some great numbers for a rookie and has d moments of brilliance I’m sure as well. Just making sure we’re not getting ahead of ourselves.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just wondering ... how does he compare to MDZ when he started with NYR? He put up some great numbers for a rookie and has d moments of brilliance I’m sure as well. Just making sure we’re not getting ahead of ourselves.
Not a bad comparison. MDZ was a top 4 NHL D at 19 and then just kinda died.

Big difference though: MDZ never skated well enough to play the style he wanted. Fox can fly.

Reactions: CasusBelli

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

The corner he’s turned is being played on the top PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad