Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
2 2nd round picks for a guy we’d be getting next season anyway? And he’s adding to the problem Panteran also brings in that he’s helping us to not be a bottom dweller, but we’re still nowhere good enough to legitimately compete.

Assuming we would’ve signed him next season, I still think we overpaid. We are still rebuilding and 2nd round picks aren’t insignificant, and we’re almost surely giving up 2, if not then a 2nd and a 3rd.

We have accumulated a plethora of talent already. This upcoming draft will add even more to that.

Our pipeline is almost saturated imo, need one more high caliber LW and C and we're set.

We will be good enough in 2-4 years to really compete, pretty much with the assets we already acquired.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Even if this season is not going to be a cup it is really rewarding watching Fox with his intelligence, Bread with his hands, Georgey with his calmness and KK with his energy.

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. I felt so hopeless after the Boston game. Maybe I shouldn't have put so much stock in one game, but it was brutal.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
There are no more arguments left. This guy is a maniac and a steal. He might be the best passer on the team, he may have the best eyes, seeing the plays.

That OT goal looked like he set it up exactly like that in his mind, before he even got past the red line!

It's really sad, that I can't stand his face. For some stupid reason within me. But I'll get over myself.
Best passer, no. But it’s close. But he does have the best vision which I argue is more important for playmaking.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Agreed, but they'll also have more like last night where this place is beaming afterward. Just the nature of being the youngest team in the league.

For sure.

just wanted to illustrate that it’s not a good idea to really tie yourself to this teams performances on a game by game basis. They’re going to be volatile as f***.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Even if this season is not going to be a cup it is really rewarding watching Fox with his intelligence, Bread with his hands, Georgey with his calmness and KK with his energy.
This is the NHL. Who knows what will happen? I’m not saying this is a great team but who knows how our top-end young guys develop and improve throughout the year? Who knows if guys like Panarin and Zibanejad end up having career years? What if one of Georgiev/Hank gets hot? What if other teams’ players disappoint? Lots of what ifs, but nothing is for certain in this sport.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
But only if it leads to wins. We scored 5 vs FLA and it wasn't rewarding.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Fox is getting the coaches' confidence. Fox always had confidence in himself, once he realized he could play with the pros in international play. But you could see the coaches now use him in important minutes of the game. Along with Lindgren, which I might add, does not seem as impressive. Just my take. Lindgren might be sound defensively, but is not nearly as noticeable as Fox is on the ice when they have the puck. That's not a knock on Lindgren, just that he seems to get more praise from the coaches, than Fox does.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Someone mentioned in another thread that Fox/Lindgren reminds them of McDonagh/Sauer. Is Fox's ceiling close to prime McDonagh?
I don’t think Fox and McDonagh are similar in any way. McDonagh was bigger, stronger, and a better skater. Fox has better vision and more offensive talent.

I’d say Fox is more of a game changer, while McDonagh was a reliable horse.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Fox is getting the coaches' confidence. Fox always had confidence in himself, once he realized he could play with the pros in international play. But you could see the coaches now use him in important minutes of the game. Along with Lindgren, which I might add, does not seem as impressive. Just my take. Lindgren might be sound defensively, but is not nearly as noticeable as Fox is on the ice when they have the puck.

Agreed about Fox, but I disagree about Lindgren.

Quinn has raved about Lindgren, so it appears he has gotten his share of confidence as well. Not as noticeable on the ice, no, but he's doing a lot of the little things, playing physical, etc. that he's the type of partner that Fox needs--a steadier defensive presence to give him the room to play his game. He won't be the flashy guy, but I think of him sort of like Trouba in that Trouba can take some of heavier work to makes things easier for the guys behind him. In Lindgren's case, he does more of the defensive work to let an offensive partner do his thing. You want a player like him to not be very noticeable.

I totally agree with Edge in that Fox's game lacks the defensive skill that McDonagh has/had, but he appears to have a stronger nose for offense evidenced by his breakouts and excellent vision. Different style of defenseman. If he's paired with a steadier defensive-minded guy like Lindgren, that's an ideal pairing. Both have exceeded expectations, in my opinion.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Quinn has raved about Lindgren, so it appears he has gotten his share of confidence as well. Not as noticeable on the ice,....
My point exactly.

Like I said it is not a knock on Lindgren, just that he seems to get more praise. I mean in the end, Fox will be a all star D-man. Not sure you could say that of Lindgren. But I understand Lindgren might be more of a surprise to the coaches than Fox. And are probably ecstatic in the progress he has made. I guess any time you see a youngster develop beyond expectations, is a reason to be excited. After all, Lindgren dropped 20 lbs, and became quick as a cat, making him much more effective, while keeping his edgy play. I guess if he wasn't playing along side Fox, he would be more noticeable.

Reactions: Charlie Conway

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Someone mentioned in another thread that Fox/Lindgren reminds them of McDonagh/Sauer. Is Fox's ceiling close to prime McDonagh?
Every young defenseman on here is the next McDonagh/Sauer/Stralman/Leetch. Idk if Fox has the potential to be a 1D, maybe, but he plays nothing like McDonagh. There honestly aren't many players in the entire NHL I can think of has comparable.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t think he’s the defensive presence that McD was. But I think his offensive upside might be a little higher, or at least a little more consistent.
You think Fox's offensive potential is just a little higher? McD never had a season over 43 points with us. His offensive potential is MUCH higher than McD's was. McD was never advertised as much of an offensive defenseman to begin with, he only amassed 46 points in his 3 seasons in NCAA while Fox amassed 116 points in his 3 seasons. Not comparable offensively even slightly.

However McD was a legit shutdown defenseman in his prime and could go against the best. The offense he brought was just gravy.

edit - Just to avoid any confusion, when i say he was a Shutdown Dman, I don't mean he was a Defensive Dman(Like a prime Staal), he was definitely a 2 way player.

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Agreed, but they'll also have more like last night where this place is beaming afterward. Just the nature of being the youngest team in the league.
That is what people need to remember. Young teams need to learn consistency and how to fight through some slogs. And how to push back. When icing the youngest teams in the league, it can be expected that the cream of the crop will have games like the one that Boston had against the Rangers. It can be expected that there will be out right clunkers against non-elite teams like the 'Sens game. But it can also be expected that there are going to be some games that open up people's eyes. But, yes, it will be uneven. It is all part of the process.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Along with Lindgren, which I might add, does not seem as impressive. Just my take. Lindgren might be sound defensively, but is not nearly as noticeable as Fox is on the ice when they have the puck. That's not a knock on Lindgren, just that he seems to get more praise from the coaches, than Fox does.
Not being flashy leads to not making some flashy plays that get noticed. Being steady and making defensive plays that do not get noticed is every bit as impressive. Fox was not going to battle Malkin in front of the net the same way that Lindgren did. In his own way, Lindgren has been every bit as impressive.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Yeah I don't see McDonagh at all. If Fox had elite skating he'd basically be Brian Leetch, which makes him more of a Zubov player who has to rely on his brain than his feet to make things happen.

Lindgren-Fox remind me a bit of the dynamic Lowe-Zubov had.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Every young defenseman on here is the next McDonagh/Sauer/Stralman/Leetch. Idk if Fox has the potential to be a 1D, maybe, but he plays nothing like McDonagh. There honestly aren't many players in the entire NHL I can think of has comparable.

In the future, people will be saying "he's the next Fox" for a young defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad