Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
What a pass against the grain. Anyone still think Gordon overpaid for him?

2 2nd round picks for a guy we’d be getting next season anyway? And he’s adding to the problem Panteran also brings in that he’s helping us to not be a bottom dweller, but we’re still nowhere good enough to legitimately compete.

Assuming we would’ve signed him next season, I still think we overpaid. We are still rebuilding and 2nd round picks aren’t insignificant, and we’re almost surely giving up 2, if not then a 2nd and a 3rd.

Rokker

Jun 5, 2016
Hamilton
With Trouba and DeAngelo I doubt Fox will hold the PP1 spot for the rest of the year. However, his ice-time has been gradually increasing regardless.
Thanks for the input.

Still hoping Barrie turns it around so it may be Petry who I have to lose for Fox, but he's producing better than Jones.. the stressors of a fantasy GM.

Either way, you guys have a great future ahead of you. The Rangers are an exciting team right now.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
2 2nd round picks for a guy we’d be getting next season anyway? And he’s adding to the problem Panteran also brings in that he’s helping us to not be a bottom dweller, but we’re still nowhere good enough to legitimately compete.

Assuming we would’ve signed him next season, I still think we overpaid. We are still rebuilding and 2nd round picks aren’t insignificant, and we’re almost surely giving up 2, if not then a 2nd and a 3rd.

You can't guarantee that he would sign here next year. He probably would, but no guarantee.

Plus, he'd have missed out on a year of development with the Rangers up here.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
With Trouba and DeAngelo I doubt Fox will hold the PP1 spot for the rest of the year. However, his ice-time has been gradually increasing regardless.
Trouba shouldn't sniff the top pair PP with Fox and DeAngelo ahead of him. As crazy as that sounds (assuming we only use one dman on it like we have been)

Reactions: lucky13

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This kid is going to be an absolute star player in the NHL. I just don't see how he can't.

-His IQ is elite and will make up for any short comings with his speed (which isn't even slow)
-His defense has been very good which is remarkable for a 1st year rookie in the NHL and will continue to improve.
-His offense is just plain scary. He slows everything down whenever he has the puck, offensive zone or defense. It just looks so easy for him sometimes, even under pressure.

He will be anchoring the top pair of this team for a long long time..

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Fox actually looked a lot like Leetch tonight. Issue is you have 3 talented, right handed, 5'11 defenseman in Fox, DeAngelo and Lundkvist and then overpaid 6'3 Trouba.That doesn't add up long term. I just don't know if they will give up on Lundkvist. He's been too good from all reports this year. There is no way they are dealing Fox. So to me, it's either Trouba or DeAngelo down the line even though Lundkvist hasn't played a game. Size wise, you just can't have 3, 5'11 righty defenseman. It does matter despite what some here think. DeAngelo is going to be a colossal pain in the butt with his contracts. You can just see it coming. At some point, I see him being moved out west. I just hope he has a monster offensive season and they can get a ton for him. To be honest with you, considering Vegas and how they basically have no young defenseman with DeAngelo's talent and nothing defenseman wise in the farm, I could see a deal there.

At the end of this season if Glass and a second round pick was on the table for Kravtsov and DeAngelo, I'd have to do that. It's not out of the question that DeAngelo will have 50 to 65 points this season. To me, Glass will be a special player in NY.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Fox actually looked a lot like Leetch tonight. Issue is you have 3 talented, right handed, 5'11 defenseman in Fox, DeAngelo and Lundkvist and then overpaid 6'3 Trouba.That doesn't add up long term. I just don't know if they will give up on Lundkvist. He's been too good from all reports this year. There is no way they are dealing Fox. So to me, it's either Trouba or DeAngelo down the line even though Lundkvist hasn't played a game. Size wise, you just can't have 3, 5'11 righty defenseman. It does matter despite what some here think. DeAngelo is going to be a colossal pain in the butt with his contracts. You can just see it coming. At some point, I see him being moved out west. I just hope he has a monster offensive season and they can get a ton for him. To be honest with you, considering Vegas and how they basically have no young defenseman with DeAngelo's talent and nothing defenseman wise in the farm, I could see a deal there.

At the end of this season if Glass and a second round pick was on the table for Kravtsov and DeAngelo, I'd have to do that. It's not out of the question that DeAngelo will have 50 to 65 points this season. To me, Glass will be a special player in NY.
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We have no idea what Lundkvist will turn into, same with Fox and DeAngelo. DeAngelo continues to just pile on the points. in 2 years sure we may have to make that decision but for now it's not really even worth worrying about, none of them are going anywhere anytime soon.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

have we given up on Kravstov? If you need an add make it Buch not Kravstov.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We have no idea what Lundkvist will turn into, same with Fox and DeAngelo. DeAngelo continues to just pile on the points. in 2 years sure we may have to make that decision but for now it's not really even worth worrying about, none of them are going anywhere anytime soon.

Can't one of Fox, Deangelo or Lundkvist play on their offside? Our D is going to be Nashville level with how much offense they will contribute in a year or too. Not even mentioning K'Andre Miller.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Can't one of Fox, Deangelo or Lundkvist play on their offside? Our D is going to be Nashville level with how much offense they will contribute in a year or too. Not even mentioning K'Andre Miller.
Typically, defensemen do not play their offside. Not many can do it. It is just not that easy and not sure you want to start to have young players who are growing trying this out.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
There are no more arguments left. This guy is a maniac and a steal. He might be the best passer on the team, he may have the best eyes, seeing the plays.

That OT goal looked like he set it up exactly like that in his mind, before he even got past the red line!

It's really sad, that I can't stand his face. For some stupid reason within me. But I'll get over myself.

Reactions: haveandare

maris

Oct 20, 2005
Can't they move DeAngelo to forward like Smith seeing as we are short handed there?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad