Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Makar and Hughes are both getting some prime power play time on offensive powerhouses, which is strange to say for the Canucks. I thought Makar would be the favorite all season for the Calder because of that and because he’s older and got some games in last season and I thought Kakko would be in the conversation with him and the two Hughes brothers, but right now I think the top 3 (not in any sort of order) for Calder should be Makar, Q Hughes, and Fox
Seems like Jack is starting to put things together as well. If he does, I think Fox will run out of contention pretty quickly, but I agree for now.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I’m not sure there’s another player in the NHL comparable to Adam Fox. Super high hockey IQ. Inventive with the puck. Always thinking a play ahead. Somewhat limited physical skills.

Who you got?

Maybe Jared Spurgeon? Ryan Ellis?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I’m not sure there’s another player in the NHL comparable to Adam Fox. Super high hockey IQ. Inventive with the puck. Always thinking a play ahead. Somewhat limited physical skills.

Who you got?

he doesn't have the shot of Ryan Ellis. But yeah Fox is so smart and so tricky , controls the puck so well. Only 21, huge future for him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Who you got?

His IQ reminds me of Heiskanen. Heiskanen's rookie year I was amazed at what a puck-magnet he was. That and great decision-making makes for a difficult comparison because it's one of the least flashy attributes. The ability to read the entire ice and dictate play reminds me of Karlsson. It's hard to think of comparisons that aren't stars which kind of cheapens it but oh, well. Maybe someone like Brian Rafalski.

tl;dr I don't know. :laugh:

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Fox's skating isn't anywhere near Karlsson.
Karlsson's skating pre-Cooke was ridiculous. He would've given McDavid a run for his money, for sure.
Prime EK was one of the smoothest, quickest skaters I've ever seen. Without him, not only would OTT not have won the 'Staal & Holden' series, but that woulda been an easy sweep for us. I personally remember him taking over those games and shi**ing all over us and Hank.
Yes, agreed. Not only was he fast as hell, he was so smooth technically as well.

Fox is smooth, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's not Fox's skating that sticks out.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
suddenly fox is a better PP qb then ADA ?

not getting that.

fox has been good but so has ADA. the PP seems to be where both guys can do some damage.

as good as fox has been and hes been vg, ADA has been just as good.

its a good problem to have.
Yea it’s awesome that for the whole two minutes, we have at least one of those guys on.

Reactions: Rongomania

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He was so close to making it 6-4 today on a beautiful effort cutting thru the defense. The Florida goalie just made a tremendous save.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Was that after he made that great defensive play?
I don't believe so. The rush was started from the D zone and Chytil made a real nice backhand pass to Fox who exploded thru the middle. I know he made an amazing defensive play breaking up a 2 on 1 but I believe that was in the second. The breakaway came in the third.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think his skating is far better than advertised...

I’m also reminded of years ago when Provorov was a rookie and flyers announcers were gushing about him “being the smartest player on the ice as a rookie!” and Fox looks like a farrrrrrr smarter player than Provorov

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think his skating is far better than advertised...

I’m also reminded of years ago when Provorov was a rookie and flyers announcers were gushing about him “being the smartest player on the ice as a rookie!” and Fox looks like a farrrrrrr smarter player than Provorov
Every Flyers D prospect is supposed to be a stud lol

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
It’s very early on in Fox’s career but I see a lot of similarities between his game and Brian Leetch. Fox’s first instinct is to skate when he gets the puck and has an explosive first stride which, coupled with his quick feet often allows him to get the puck and be one to two strides ahead of the other players in the ice. He’s also clearly been taught to push that puck out ahead of him at the start of his possession so he really transitions from defense of offense very quickly( which was a hallmark of Leetch’s game.). He’s not shy to join the rush and is quick enough to catch the oppositions rush after he’s been aggressive in the offensive zone. I’m not saying he will pan out the way Leetch did( we can only hope) but he seems to think the game a lot like Leetch used to.

Not sure he can pass as well as Leetch yet.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Every Flyers D prospect is supposed to be a stud lol

Let me be clear I'm not saying Provorov is a bad player or that Fox will necessarily be as good as him (though I think he will be judging from this small sample size!)

It's just I remember their announcers saying that and Provorov looking pretty solid but he was in no way making the kind of plays Fox is now.

Rokker

Jun 5, 2016
Hamilton
Hey guys.. Fox is sitting on my waiver wire in fantasy and I haven't seen him play a single game but he's been on a tear lately. Another two points tonight. Is this guy for real?

Jones, Petry, and Barrie are my D in a points only league of 18 teams. Barrie has been terrible and I'm very tempted to drop him for Fox.

Thoughts on this would be appreciated. Cheers

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Hey guys.. Fox is sitting on my waiver wire in fantasy and I haven't seen him play a single game but he's been on a tear lately. Another two points tonight. Is this guy for real?

Jones, Petry, and Barrie are my D in a points only league of 18 teams. Barrie has been terrible and I'm very tempted to drop him for Fox.

He’s a f***ing stud

I think he could finish with ~40 points

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

If Fox is available, take him NOW – especially if it's a keeper league.

Reactions: UnSandvich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad