Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
That’s insane for a rookie dman. Between Fox and DeAngelo we are going to be getting a boat load of offense from the back end for a very very long time.
They better resign ADA. Hoping Lundkvist or any of the other (however skilled and highly touted) prospects will outshine him is foolish. And, if they do, trade ADA when that time comes. Plenty of cap space will soon open.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
They better resign ADA. Hoping Lundkvist or any of the other (however skilled and highly touted) prospects will outshine him is foolish. And, if they do, trade ADA when that time comes. Plenty of cap space will soon open.
Lundkvist appears on track to be an excellent two way right handed D. He may not be better offensively than Tony D but he very well may be much better defensively.
And in a cap league his price will be much cheaper over the next 5-7 years. Also if Tony D is traded we will have a substantial asset at another position. I like Tony D.
It’s a nice problem to have.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lundkvist appears on track to be an excellent two way right handed D. He may not be better offensively than Tony D but he very well may be much better defensively.
And in a cap league his price will be much cheaper over the next 5-7 years. Also if Tony D is traded we will have a substantial asset at another position. I like Tony D.
It’s a nice problem to have.

If Nils can prove himself worthy of a spot on our side of the pond we can cross that bridge when we get there.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
#FOXFORCALDER
#FOXFORCALDER
#FOXFORCALDER

Fox really should be considered for the Calder Award. 6 goals 27 points +9 in 48 games in his 1st NHL season on a rebuilding team is impressive. I don't get how he isn't getting consideration besides he's a defenseman and not on a powerhouse or a playoff team

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
#FOXFORCALDER
#FOXFORCALDER
#FOXFORCALDER

Fox really should be considered for the Calder Award. 6 goals 27 points +9 in 48 games in his 1st NHL season on a rebuilding team is impressive. I don't get how he isn't getting consideration besides he's a defenseman and not on a powerhouse or a playoff team

makar has 10 more points in 7 less games...the calder won't even be close.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
#FOXFORCALDER
#FOXFORCALDER
#FOXFORCALDER

Any other year, he'd be in the conversation. I posted an overview of rookie D-men aged 21 and younger and Fox would be a top 5 player in that category since 2000 if Makar and Hughes weren't in the league this year

Reactions: RangersFan1994

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
In a way this could be also good.
He doesn’t have to worry about the race and just focus on his game. Underdog shit.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Any other year, he'd be in the conversation. I posted an overview of rookie D-men aged 21 and younger and Fox would be a top 5 player in that category since 2000 if Makar and Hughes weren't in the league this year

This is the comparison I was talking about. Wasn't able to find it on my phone earlier this morning

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
If Fox was stapled on the Top PP unit think he would have more points. Something over 30.

Something he appears to excel at is getting shots on net relative to others on the team. Nothing too fancy, say, what you get from a Tony DeSanAngeles. And this is not meant to be a swipe at the iTalian. He brings creativity and some really lights out passing. Just answering the post that Fox would also have over 30 points hypothetically.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Something he appears to excel at is getting shots on net relative to others on the team. Nothing too fancy, say, what you get from a Tony DeSanAngeles. And this is not meant to be a swipe at the iTalian. He brings creativity and some really lights out passing. Just answering the post that Fox would also have over 30 points hypothetically.

I think Fox has higher IQ than Tony D, is more cunning and is sly on the puck, plays to his last name, lol. Not taking a dig at Tony who has made some nice passes. Tony does have a better shot, if Fox could work on his shot, he'd be really lethal on that point. He already is a threat now but would be even bigger, imo.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Fox is going to become our most important and best overall defenseman by as early as next year.That's how good this kid is.
The thought of a prime DeAngelo and Fox on the PP is just plain scary. The other teams PK won't know what to do. If they over compensate the forwards or the point men they will get burned very quickly with the amount of star power all over. Even keeping them split up still gives each PP unit an elite PPQB. Can't imagine ever having a PP that's not top 10 in the league with those 2 in a year or 2.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Does it look like forecheckers aren’t respecting fox to beat them with a deke or his feet anymore?like to seem him pick up a step over the summer just to keep them honest.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Anyone want a Fox size 50 home authentic I picked up a the guardian two weeks ago? My girl got me a Z authentic as a surprise and I don’t really need both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad