Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SupRocket

Jul 12, 2022
It's gonna be interesting to see him next year. Kid is a maniac when it comes to training and we know our development staff already works with our drafted prospects. He isn't eligible for the WJC, so it's going to be a full year playing against men for him on likely a bigger role. If things go well, he could be ready to make the jump to the NHL quicker than expected.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

“He has been a difficult player to coach against,” Ohlsson began. “He has repeatedly asked questions of our defenders and our forwards. He is very skilled, and he is an exciting defender to follow [in the future].” As he talked, the hockey fan in Ohlsson began to surface: “I am very impressed that such a young defender has been [able to be] so prominent in this series. I just want to repeat that I have had trouble coaching against him, and we should be happy that Swedish hockey can produce such a player.”

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Still too early to tell but my guess is 2nd round. Subject to change. He seems to be way better than being picked at #92

Producing at about the same rate as Marco Kasper (8OA) on the same team but as a defenceman - and it's not like Kasper has been a disappointment. Loads of guys have stagnated from the 1st round. Of our own prospects, I'd probably put him ahead of guys like Beck and Mesar in terms of development this year and projectability.

I dunno, I could see an argument for around 30. He's not Hutson, but this year has been exceptional.

Reactions: DAChampion

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Where would he go in a re-draft?
I've seen some scouts say re-draft Habs would have 4-5 Guys in the top 40. (Being Slaf, Mesar, Beck, Hutson, Eng). Clearly too early to tell but so far looks like a hell of a job. Even the later picks look good. IMO non biasly id put him in the 25-35 area but bias I put him 20.
Ps S/O Halifax weoo

Reactions: Habs Halifax

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
It's gonna be interesting to see him next year. Kid is a maniac when it comes to training and we know our development staff already works with our drafted prospects. He isn't eligible for the WJC, so it's going to be a full year playing against men for him on likely a bigger role. If things go well, he could be ready to make the jump to the NHL quicker than expected.
Where have you read/seen that Engstrom is a maniac with training?

Reactions: Wats

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've seen some scouts say re-draft Habs would have 4-5 Guys in the top 40. (Being Slaf, Mesar, Beck, Hutson, Eng). Clearly too early to tell but so far looks like a hell of a job. Even the later picks look good. IMO non biasly id put him in the 25-35 area but bias I put him 20.
Ps S/O Halifax weoo

We know they won't all turn into who we think they can but man, our pool is deep with a lot of prospects trending well. I expect several surprises

Reactions: SupRocket

SupRocket

Jul 12, 2022
Where have you read/seen that Engstrom is a maniac with training?
Sorry missed this somehow.

Here is the article. Adam Engström is rising to the occasion, over and over again

One tidbit from it :

Rögle head coach Cam Abbott has described Engström as a “rink rat”, and commented that he has had to “force [him] out of the practice rink at times.” True to form, Engström is currently practising with both the pro and U20 squads.

Is there such a thing as too much practice? Engström doesn’t think so.

“I need to be [at the rink] everyday, to do extra practices as well, especially to take further steps defensively. It’s what has gotten me here. [Coach Abbott] stops me from time to time, but I like being here, and I have the results to show from it as well. The three separate rinks that we have is a huge plus, and I have been able to be on the ice a lot more than usual.”

-

Add to this he will have played with Rogle U-20, Rogle senior team, WJC, SHL playoffs, SHL U-20 playoffs, and now Senior Swedish national team. I have a feeling this guy likes hockey.

Last edited:

Shred

Nov 1, 2005

“He has been a difficult player to coach against,” Ohlsson began. “He has repeatedly asked questions of our defenders and our forwards. He is very skilled, and he is an exciting defender to follow [in the future].” As he talked, the hockey fan in Ohlsson began to surface: “I am very impressed that such a young defender has been [able to be] so prominent in this series. I just want to repeat that I have had trouble coaching against him, and we should be happy that Swedish hockey can produce such a player.”

What a complimentary coach. Lots of respect in the handshake line.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
My guess is that he will stay in Sweden next year with more responsibilities because Wallinder should come to NA and because he seemed to be making an impression there. Rogle did not have a great team this year, esp. Kasper was good but did not take the step they thought he would take. Engstrom could be a player they heavily rely on next year.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My guess is that he will stay in Sweden next year with more responsibilities because Wallinder should come to NA and because he seemed to be making an impression there. Rogle did not have a great team this year, esp. Kasper was good but did not take the step they thought he would take. Engstrom could be a player they heavily rely on next year.

Oh yeah he will stay there next year and probably get signed and join Laval at the end of the season

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Do the Habs sign this guy this summer?

I’m not so familiar with NHL / SHL contract relations, do we run any sort of risk of not signing him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad