Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alexandre Magny

Apr 27, 2019
L'espoir le plus sous-estimé du Canadien.

on parle de Mailloux, Hutson et il y à déja Guhle,Xhekaj,Harris,Barron mais Engstrom impresionne.

William Wallinder choix de 2ème le tout premier en 2ème ronde en 2020, la saison suivant son draft 19 points en 47 matchs et 1 but en 13 matchs de série.

Engstrom 16 points en 43 matchs et 5 points en 8 matchs de séries.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
L'espoir le plus sous-estimé du Canadien.

on parle de Mailloux, Hutson et il y à déja Guhle,Xhekaj,Harris,Barron mais Engstrom impresionne.

William Wallinder choix de 2ème le tout premier en 2ème ronde en 2020, la saison suivant son draft 19 points en 47 matchs et 1 but en 13 matchs de série.

Engstrom 16 points en 43 matchs et 5 points en 8 matchs de séries.
We speak about him around here don't you worry! But apart from here and some niche dudes on Twitter he's clearly going undercover.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Exactly. We all know we can't keep them all. To me Matheson, Xhekaj and Guhle are the future regulars. Not sure what happens to the rest. We have time with Hutson, Struble and Engstrom.
Engstrom may be the biggest wildcard of the group.

Barron is a fixture in a future top 4 spot.

Good thing you aren't the GM

Could be, but I honestly believe some around here overvalue Barron. Hopefully I'm wrong and he becomes a legitimate top-4 D on the right side, but I think he's not particularly physical, despite being 6'2" and I'm not certain he's particularly solid, defensively either.

He has progresse this year, so I hope he keeps progressing, though.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018

Could be, but I honestly believe some around here overvalue Barron. Hopefully I'm wrong and he becomes a legitimate top-4 D on the right side, but I think he's not particularly physical, despite being 6'2" and I'm not certain he's particularly solid, defensively either.

He has progresse this year, so I hope he keeps progressing, though.
One of the odd man out for sure, scariest D when pressured or without the puck after Wideman. I believe Guhle Struble or/and Engstrom can play their offside while Matheson Wifi and eventually Hutson patrols the left.

Man we are stack on D, feels like back in da days Nashville depth.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Barron is a bit of a victim of comparisons here. Guhle is just a lot better in general, but Harris and Xhekaj arrived a lot more settled in a game they know how to execute way easier. Barron has to play an offensively oriented game - harder to figure out as a young D - while having to adjust to defending the best players in the world. It's a lot harder, and that he has shown a lot of progress overall while being fairly productive with limited opportunities is quite encouraging.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yesterday I posted Mailloux's stats as if he was playing his final game. I hadn't noticed that he has a game today. It will be vs. Mesar.

I did the same thing with Guindon, who plays his final game today. He needs 1 more point to hit 70 pts.

So he still has another game to put up more points.

Meanwhile, over in Europe, Engstrom is playing Game 6 of the 1st round series against Skelleftea. If Rogle loses, they're eliminated as they're down 3-2 in the series. They're down 1-0 after 1 period.

I wonder if Montreal will bring Engstrom to Laval too? Or, too many defenseman?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wonder if Montreal will bring Engstrom to Laval too? Or, too many defenseman?

I didn't fully hear what Lavoie said yesterday. There was a graphic of Farrell, Struble, and Engstrom. He mentioned Habs talking to Farrell. He spoke about Struble making his pro debut the other day. But I didn't fully hear what he said about Engstrom, though.

But looking back on it, it's curious that Lavoie spoke about Engstrom after Farrell and Struble being signed. First off, I should have paid more attention. Secondly, did he mention him because he hears Habs would like to have him here after he's done in Sweden?

Guillermo

Aug 13, 2002
Hull / Québec
Visit site
I didn't fully hear what Lavoie said yesterday. There was a graphic of Farrell, Struble, and Engstrom. He mentioned Habs talking to Farrell. He spoke about Struble making his pro debut the other day. But I didn't fully hear what he said about Engstrom, though.

But looking back on it, it's curious that Lavoie spoke about Engstrom after Farrell and Struble being signed. First off, I should have paid more attention. Secondly, did he mention him because he hears Habs would like to have him here after he's done in Sweden?
Lavoie hinted at Engstrom going to Laval next year.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Rogle lost 5-1 to Skelleftea and have been eliminated. Engstrom's season is over, unless they send him down to finish the year with Rogle U20, who are still in the playoffs.

He finished the year with 16 pts (6G, 10A) in 43 GP in the regular season. 11 of those 16 pts came in the final 20 games after he returned from the WJC. And he had 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 8 GP in the playoffs.
Very impressive. He still has one more year on his SHL contract so it's either Montreal or Sweden next year for him. At 19 turning 20, likely Sweden.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Very impressive. He still has one more year on his SHL contract so it's either Montreal or Sweden next year for him. At 19 turning 20, likely Sweden.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him this off-season, only to ensure he's eligible to come over to join Laval after his season in Sweden is done. And then no longer being under contract there, he can stay here in North America. That's what I would do at least.

And I think because of his signing age, his contract can slide. But I'm not 100% sure how that rule works.

Reactions: SupRocket

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him this off-season, only to ensure he's eligible to come over to join Laval after his season in Sweden is done. And then no longer being under contract there, he can stay here in North America. That's what I would do at least.

And I think because of his signing age, his contract can slide. But I'm not 100% sure how that rule works.
He would still be under contract in Sweden, like Heineman this year. He can play for Laval on PTO this year. No need to rush his NHL contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up top 20 in a re-draft 3-4 yrs from now.

He's flying under the radar a bit but there is a some solid development going on with Engstrom. Rewind back 5+ years and if he was in our pool then, we would be talking about him more.

Habs prospect pool is deep. Very deep. There are so many guys showing very good development in development leagues that we are not even talking about.

I like Engstrom's physical strength and maturity. He's build from the back end out and he can gain more confidence in offensive ability as time moves forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad