Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
We have a lot of defencemen here developing their game already, I think he'll spend one more year in the SHL and if his progression continues as it has I think he's gonna sign at the end of next year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
My question/point wasn’t to rush, rather to sign (if possible) and leave him in SHL for another year. I agree with you man
No doubt sir. If there was room to bring him over I would be receptive to it but I think playing against men in Sweden will prepare him.

Crazy how poorly our organization has done with Swedish players.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
They will want him back in the SHL next year. After that, anything is on the table, guess it depends on his progression.
It’s either NHL or SHL next season since his 1 year extension takes him through 2023-24.

He could sign another extension, keeping him away from the AHL, but I’d imagine the Habs would be involved in those discussions.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We have a lot of defencemen here developing their game already, I think he'll spend one more year in the SHL and if his progression continues as it has I think he's gonna sign at the end of next year.
No doubt sir. If there was room to bring him over I would be receptive to it but I think playing against men in Sweden will prepare him.

Crazy how poorly our organization has done with Swedish players.
yeah he seems to be flourishing there which is rare for us too. Totally fine with him staying. We have too many nice things!!!!

Reactions: SupRocket

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Boom or bust ?

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think his game is well-rounded enough that he could be a 1st pair, 2nd pair or 3rd pair dman. We'll see.

He's a very different prospect than Norlinder.
Spot on.

I first saw him actually play games at the WJCs and I loved how he played. Not unlike Romanov. Physical and really solid defensively. Maybe not quite at Romanov’s level but he looked better moving the puck. Nothing flashy.

But then you add in his SHL play after and there’s definitely some offensive swagger and you’re left wondering just how good he can be. The safest bet of our D prospects outside of Reinbacher yet not that far behind if at all.

One of my favourite prospects of ours

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad