Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Its common for Sweden to do that with young defenders. They billed Anton Stralman the same.

People who get caught up in those silly comparisons only have themselves to blame, imo.
Hoping Engstrom can be next Stralman. So next Lindstrom once removed.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
We need to start looking at this kid as a legitimate prospect. Got another assist today. Teenager getting 15 Points in the SHL for a Dman is impressive.
he is.

Already plays a mature kind of game, his offensive game developed a ton this season and he is in one of the best organisation in the SHL to develop young talent.

And a plus for us is that he can play on the right side pretty good. He is used to it.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We need to start looking at this kid as a legitimate prospect. Got another assist today. Teenager getting 15 Points in the SHL for a Dman is impressive.
He is terribly underrated just like Heineman. I like him better than Mailloux and he is a better all around defenseman than Hutson. I think he has the highest floor among our defensemen group, which is a solid 2nd pairing D in the making while his celling might be top pairing level.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He is terribly underrated just like Heineman. I like him better than Mailloux and he is a better all around defenseman than Hutson. I think he has the highest floor among our defensemen group, which is a solid 2nd pairing D in the making while his celling might be top pairing level.
Don’t agree for Hutson he has a way higher ceiling but i’ve been saying it for Mailloux, i like Engstrom better.

Hutson-Engstrom could be a great pair, though.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
It is interesting how he fell to almost the 4th round. Mainly because he played on a team last year with Ohgren, Ostlund and Lekkerimaki, guys who would've been scouted heavily given they were first round talents.

Has he shown that much improvement since last year, or did he basically just fall because he's on the smaller side for a D?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It is interesting how he fell to almost the 4th round. Mainly because he played on a team last year with Ohgren, Ostlund and Lekkerimaki, guys who would've been scouted heavily given they were first round talents.

Has he shown that much improvement since last year, or did he basically just fall because he's on the smaller side for a D?
He is around 6’2, 190lbs and he just turned 19 i don’t think it’s small.

It’s just he kinda was in those guys and Odelius’s shadow. He decided to switch team and go to Rogle and had the chance to show what he can do at the start of the year in the J20, he did so good in the first 7 games that they called him up in the SHL.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Don’t agree for Hutson he has a way higher ceiling but i’ve been saying it for Mailloux, i like Engstrom better.

Hutson-Engstrom could be a great pair, though.
Hutson has more offensive upside, but Engstrom projects as a more complete defenseman.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He is around 6’2, 190lbs and he just turned 19 i don’t think it’s small.

It’s just he kinda was in those guys and Odelius’s shadow. He decided to switch team and go to Rogle and had the chance to show what he can do at the start of the year in the J20, he did so good in the first 7 games that they called him up in the SHL.

I just realized I clicked the wrong Adam Engstrom and thought he was 6' 160 lbs :laugh:

Good to know he's got pretty decent size as well.

• Haha
Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I just realized I clicked the wrong Adam Engstrom and thought he was 6' 160 lbs :laugh:

Good to know he's got pretty decent size as well.
:laugh:

3AE89BB4-9256-45AF-933C-8F1DF04DF04B.gif

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Is Engstrom more impressive than norlinder was in his d+1? Stats would say so

Yes. Engstrom is a really solid pick by Habs. Reminds me of Romanov (not in term of style, 2 different players), but the fact they are only 3rd and 2nd rounder. Engstrom have solid potential for a only 3rd rounder, I can easily see him have a potential to become a good two-way top 4 D. His stats are impressive in SHL for his age!

Reactions: SupRocket

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Norlinder was drafted as an overager and Engstrom was a late birthday. So in their D+1, Engstrom is 7 months younger. At that stage it is important. Engstrom plays in the SHL, Norlinder was in the 2nd league.

Is Engstrom more impressive than norlinder was in his d+1? Stats would say so

Reactions: NewDef and SlafySZN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad