Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Dahlin is 10000x better. Engstrom could play with the Habs in the future which is nice but he should never be mentioned alongside with Dahlin.
1677603870754.png

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It is interesting how he fell to almost the 4th round. Mainly because he played on a team last year with Ohgren, Ostlund and Lekkerimaki, guys who would've been scouted heavily given they were first round talents.

Has he shown that much improvement since last year, or did he basically just fall because he's on the smaller side for a D?
He played behind Odellius and Havelid most nights and in international tournaments. He was the kind of player you just didnt see. Its tough to rank, i knew he was eligible last year but completely lrft him off my top 100 because he was unimpressive.

Then he plays a few weeks later and legit looks better than most Dman that went in the 1st round.
Is Engstrom more impressive than norlinder was in his d+1? Stats would say so
Hands down he is. Norlinder was always un feu d'paille hyped up by the HabsMedia.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He played behind Odellius and Havelid most nights and in international tournaments. He was the kind of player you just didnt see. Its tough to rank, i knew he was eligible last year but completely lrft him off my top 100 because he was unimpressive.

Then he plays a few weeks later and legit looks better than most Dman that went in the 1st round.

Hands down he is. Norlinder was always un feu d'paille hyped up by the HabsMedia.
Lot of the prospects Habs had during Bergevin era were overhyped due to there being no one to be excited about. Desperate times...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Lol my first thought also went right to all that Dahlin footage we watched in 2018 , 100% lol
That was the first thing that stood out with Rasmus, the stickhandling
Like duh lol

I remember that’s all they showed leading up to the draft, Dahlin doing dipsy doodle, was amazing to watch and that Engstrom clip reminded me of those clips and I’m sure most posters would concur

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was at the Bell Centre and hoping the Habs would draft Dumais with the 3rd round pick. When it was announced that the Habs drafted Engstrom, I was wondering who the hell was Engstrom. Turn out the Habs made a very good pick.

True. But man I wish we had drafted Dumais.

Should we have drafted Dumais instead of Rohrer?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
True. But man I wish we had drafted Dumais.

Should we have drafted Dumais instead of Rohrer?
Only thing about Rohrer is he apparently plays like a bull, hits/for checks and got skill. Maybe he ends up nothing but I can see why they wanted to take a flyer. He's one of the youngest players from draft too.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Only thing about Rohrer is he apparently plays like a bull, hits/for checks and got skill. Maybe he ends up nothing but I can see why they wanted to take a flyer. He's one of the youngest players from draft too.
The kid just never stops and has wheels. Taking a gamble on a hard working good athlete with good iq is better than all the lazy a** skilled fantasy skaters that fade out when the pressure rise and the pace gets faster. I really like that pick for this round. He's gonna take time but there is hope we have something there. No rush though...

Reactions: Wats

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I know, why are you guys upset because I called you out for comparing him with Dahlin.
Called me out :laugh:

He looked EXACTLY like Dahlin on that play, any closer and I’d say he’s his twin!!!!

That Engstrom move was Dahlin-like

Engstrom finding his inner Dahlin

If I didn’t know that was Engstrom, I’d bet the house that was an old clip of Dahlin

You can take all them
Quotes to the bank

Last edited:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Called me out :laugh:

He looked EXACTLY like Dahlin on that play, any closer and I’d say he’s his twin!!!!

That Engstrom move was Dahlin-like

Engstrom finding his inner Dahlin

If I didn’t know that was Engstrom, I’d bet the house that was an old clip of Dahlin
That's why people don't take Habs fans seriously. That was a Norlinder-esque move.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No one is comparing them, that’s his point.
Maybe if i point out that they are both blond I’ll be accused of linking their career paths and greatness lol

That's why people don't take Habs fans seriously.
Ya, I’m sure you have the survey to back this claim.

But I’m sure there’s a pro team out there that people take their fanbase seriously, across the board no questions asked

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I watched him in the WJC and he was really good. I'm just not ready to overhype him yet.
Earlier in this thread he was compared to Lidstrom, Dahlin, and
Jesus. ( the guy from Nazereth ). Do you fell this is overhype?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad