Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Engstrom and Norlinder are not the same type of defenseman, though. Engstrom is good all around, Norlinder was an offensive D with no physicality.

Yes.

Same kind of steal as Romanov when people said who? When they drafted him and then he ended up pretty good lol.

Loved Romy, was a little shocked he went as high as he did.

Engstrom was more off my radar, though. Romanov I saw a lot of during those in season nation tournaments Russia used to do.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Engstrom and Norlinder are not the same type of defenseman, though. Engstrom is good all around, Norlinder was an offensive D with no physicality.

Yes.

Same kind of steal as Romanov when people said who? When they drafted him and then he ended up pretty good lol.
Would be nice if he can become our Tobias Enstrom, if the comparison is good?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Loved Romy, was a little shocked he went as high as he did.

Engstrom was more off my radar, though. Romanov I saw a lot of during those in season nation tournaments Russia used to do.
Everyone's radar. There was a single online scouting service that he him where the Habs took him, everyone else had him way farther away because they were too busy looking at the rest of his teammates.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Yes.

Indeed, Engstrom is physical and extremmely combative unlike Norlinder who relies more on positioning and stick work to defend. Engstrom is a better shooter and a better all around defenseman. I really like his mobility and his talent level is pretty underrated, cant wait to see him play with Laval.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Norlinder taught me that with euro D until they come over and we see them in NA don't count chickens before they hatch

Especially swedes. The habs have zero luck from that country. They haven't had a significant player come out of Sweden since the 80s if I'm remembering correctly.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Especially swedes. The habs have zero luck from that country. They haven't had a significant player come out of Sweden since the 80s if I'm remembering correctly.
You don't consider Popovic, Sundstrom and Dackell as significant players :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Sagikev

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Though he’s Finnish, Lehkonen did play in Sweden. As did Eller (not a Habs pick however)

SupRocket

Jul 12, 2022
From his first random toe drag at the habs prospect camp, I knew I really liked Engstrom. His play this season has solidify that. Sometimes I wonder if we didn't draft Hutson this last year, how much more talk there would be about Adam. The guy got an awesome set of tools.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With Engstrom, what has been impressing me the most is his poise, especially at the WJC where he was used in a shutdown role a lot. He's a bit like Guhle in that he doesn't seem to get rattled by much, he's calm and in control at all time. If he makes a bad play, he just brushes it off and goes back to work exactly the same on his next shift. I like that a lot in a Dman.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Does Engstrom and Kapanen join Laval next year or are they under contract in Europe like Heineman?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Does Engstrom and Kapanen join Laval next year or are they under contract in Europe like Heineman?
Engstrom signed a new deal with Rogle that goes until 2024. It's a good organization and he's been used well there, so letting him develop in the SHL for a while isn't a bad idea at all IMO. Ditto for Kapanen, his contract with Kalpa ends in 2024 and it's a good spot for him, I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to bring him across the pond.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Something about his play makes you think he'll make it. It's so smooth and seems easy. I hope they don't bring him over too soon, let him continue this streak and hopefully become one of the best D in SHL next season.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Engstrom signed a new deal with Rogle that goes until 2024. It's a good organization and he's been used well there, so letting him develop in the SHL for a while isn't a bad idea at all IMO. Ditto for Kapanen, his contract with Kalpa ends in 2024 and it's a good spot for him, I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to bring him across the pond.
Yes, Rogle is the best organisation to develop players in the SHL. Aren't scared to play the younger players and let them develop.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Engstrom is a better prospect than Norlinder in almost every way. Better frame, better skater, better defensively. Only arguable aspect is offense, and even that I'd maybe give it to Engstrom. I never really understood the Norlinder hype in all honesty. The results never matched up.
💯 %

Sounds like another "Norlinder" type over hyping !
I don't think so. There is alot to like about this kid, his maturity, skill set

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Engstrom is a better prospect than Norlinder in almost every way. Better frame, better skater, better defensively. Only arguable aspect is offense, and even that I'd maybe give it to Engstrom. I never really understood the Norlinder hype in all honesty. The results never matched up.

How can he be better than the second coming of Lidstrom ? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad