Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Maybe, but would still rather an RD there

And honestly, if you ever seen Guhle and Barron play together, there's some chemistry there man!
I’ve seen them play together, they were good. Might be a good fit as soon as the end of this season if they call Barron up.

But that was just a way to say that Engstrom is very good.

This is what the WJC is for, for fan service.

Most of us don't get to see SHL games and even if you do, the young kids rarely play much.

Get a better understanding fo what Engstrom is as a player.
I will make a prediction that he’ll make some people open their eyes on him during the WJC.

Prepare yourself for some highlight play or goal from him that will be shared all over habs twitter lol

Reactions: Tyson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Damn, he played an outstanding game today against Canada. He was a defensive stud. He played a lot more physical than I thought he was too.

Swedes best D by far.

Odelius was gawd awful -4.

Hopefully, we have ourselves a steal here in 3rd round. He was the only Swedish D who could get the puck out against Canada and not get physically abused by their forecheck.

Really impressed with him tonight.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Damn, he played an outstanding game today against Canada. He was a defensive stud. He played a lot more physical than I thought he was too.

Swedes best D by far.

Hopefully, we have ourselves a steal here in 3rd round. He was the only Swedish D who could get the puck out against Canada and not get physically abused by their forecheck.

But Sweden used other defensemen much more than Engstrom. But I do agree with you that Engstrom is one of the best Sweden defensive defenseman.

Reactions: tazsub3

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc

Swedes best D by far.

Couldn't agree more. Loved watching him battle in front of the net, never backing down. And when he decides to get on his horse and skate up with possession, he looks comfortable with the puck on his stick, head on a swivel. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects as he's just scratching the surface of what he'll become.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
But Sweden used other defensemen much more than Engstrom. But I do agree with you that Engstrom is one of the best Sweden defensive defenseman.

The only defenseman who played more was Ludvig Jansson, his defense partner. Engstrom left the game for a few minutes after he toe picked and fell awkwardly into boards; otherwise he would have gotten 18-20 minutes.

After Canada went up 4-1 there was also no point in over using anyone.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The only defenseman who played more was Ludvig Jansson, his defense partner. Engstrom left the game for a few minutes after he toe picked and fell awkwardly into boards; otherwise he would have gotten 18-20 minutes.

After Canada went up 4-1 there was also no point in over using anyone.

I figured the previous post was erroneous, it seemed like Engstrom was on the ice more than most.

I thought he played an excellent game as well.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Couldn't agree more. Loved watching him battle in front of the net, never backing down. And when he decides to get on his horse and skate up with possession, he looks comfortable with the puck on his stick, head on a swivel. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects as he's just scratching the surface of what he'll become.
Sounds like he could be next year's Xhekaj? Come out of nowhere and be surprise of league

Reactions: DAChampion

SupRocket

Jul 12, 2022

Swedes best D by far.

Agreed. I would need to double check, but from what I noticed he wasn't on the ice for any of Canada goals.

Also, he definitely seems to play with an edge, you could see him barking at his teammates and opponents. He was the only def clearing the net with any sort of conviction. I did not expect to see him playing this type of role this well tbh, and it's super exciting for his NHL upside. His offensive game isn't even allowed to shine in this team due to his more unidimensional teammates.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Agreed. I would need to double check, but from what I noticed he wasn't on the ice for any of Canada goals.

Also, he definitely seems to play with an edge, you could see him barking at his teammates and opponents. He was the only def clearing the net with any sort of conviction. I did not expect to see him playing this type of role this well tbh, and it's super exciting for his NHL upside. His offensive game isn't even allowed to shine in this team due to his more unidimensional teammates.

He wasn't on the ice for any goals against. It seemed every time he was replaced, Canada scored on the next shift. Lol

Reactions: SupRocket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad